That awkward moment...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-10-2012, 03:59 PM (This post was last modified: 24-10-2012 04:05 PM by Vosur.)
RE: That awkward moment...
When a (former) teacher at religious private schools like Kent Hovind propagates views like this, it's one thing, but a certified teacher who works in the field of public education is a whole different story. Having said that, your blog post lacks external references and in-depth information for me to get upset about it.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-10-2012, 08:36 PM
RE: That awkward moment...
(24-10-2012 01:25 PM)Aseptic Skeptic Wrote:  
(24-10-2012 01:08 PM)Chas Wrote:  I have a problem with that.

Yes, so do I. But since his write-up isn't actionable (they have a system that adds good points and deducts bad points - kinda like the Rep system on this forum - but his warning was external to that and has no disciplinary value and no impact to her scholarship) it isn't a battle worth winning.

The real issue for her is that this was a "cool" teacher, they had lots of fun discussions and she thought of him as a friend before this, but now he has explicitly told her that they are no longer friends. That's what actually hurt her the most.

But she and I had talked about this long before it happened and she was prepared for her atheism to cost her friends among this dense population of dense Mormons. Surprisingly, she's had very little in the way of lost or damaged relationships other than this one example, so it's been less of a problem for her than many other people have experienced elsewhere.

That is one of the most pitiful things I've ever heard.

Join the Logic Speaks Community

I am the unconverted
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply