That call from a strange number late at night....

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-06-2013, 09:51 AM
RE: That call from a strange number late at night....
Oops - sorry - just read about your location status. Car rental is most often cheaper and preferable to taking a bus.

Like you said - she will probably be there when you are able to get to her. Hang tight. Hug

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
24-06-2013, 10:04 AM
Sorry Percepticon Sad Hope it works out... Hug
[+] 1 user Likes morondog's post
24-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Hug Stay strong, Percepticon! I hope things turn out okay.

[Image: 3d366d5c-72a0-4228-b835-f404c2970188_zps...1381867723]
[+] 1 user Likes cheapthrillseaker's post
24-06-2013, 03:49 PM
Well, she's out of surgery and in ICU; her head is still really swollen...apparently when they told me last night that they were drilling into head to relieve the pressure, I misunderstood & thought surgery was following soon after. Surgery was started this morning. She'll be where she's at for at least 2 weeks, and I asked when they'll determine whether she's had neurological deficit & the ex said that wasn't brought up yet.

I'd like to see her & show support, but we're both better off if I conserve my resources & save up money for a weekend rental car so I can go help her on some weekends once she's home. Dammit, for so many reasons I wish she were still 4 doors down. I cried at work earlier, so sad for her knowing how very hard it's gonna' be for her. My poor girl.... Sad

She's not out of the woods yet as the next 7 days will be crucial, but I think I'll sleep much better tonight.

Thanks for your kindness & support. Heart

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Percepticon's post
24-06-2013, 03:57 PM
mail a card. most ICU units don't allow flowers or balloons and I think saving your funds for when you can go and be useful is a better idea.

Cards provide visual stimulation for the patient. Cards give those standing there something to talk about and think about rather than worry about her condition. They give her family something to read to her and gives stimulation.

Small gestures help.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
24-06-2013, 04:04 PM
When my dad was in failing health, he was awake-lights were on but no one was home. At his bedside I played his favorite music (thanks pandora). He connected to that, somewhere deep in his memory he knew he liked it. I doubt he knew who I was, but the music touched him, reached him in a place that others couldn't.

Can you send a playlist of her favorite music?

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
24-06-2013, 05:52 PM
Thanks for sharing your story with us, Percepticon. It was beautiful and moving.

Hope things have a happy ending.

Religious disputes are like arguments in a madhouse over which inmate really is Napoleon.
[+] 1 user Likes cufflink's post
24-06-2013, 06:06 PM
I don't have much to add other than I am sorry that you are hurting and your friend is not well.

Sending a hug, or two.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
[+] 1 user Likes Anjele's post
25-06-2013, 04:21 AM
You know, I couldn't even tell you right now her favorite music. Sounds silly, I know.... But your idea is spot-on, in my book.

You're welcome & thank you, cufflink. A story shared is only as good as it has readers. You read it.

Silly Anjele....what more is there to say? Heart

Drinking Beverage Grab a cuppa' joe; sit-n-read my blog for a spell: www.vaweber.wordpress.com
26-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Update: last night was my 3rd sleepless night. Even when I wasn't actively thinking of her, something in me was anxious & didn't want me to sleep. This afternoon I finally learned that yesterday (the day after brain surgery!) she was up, walked, ate & follwed commands. I was so relieved I cried. Still almost 2 hours late for bed, but tonight I'll actually sleep.....rest.

G'night, y'all....