That damn socialized medicine.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-12-2015, 06:03 PM
RE: That damn socialized medicine.
#feelthebern

It was just a fucking apple man, we're sorry okay? Please stop the madness Laugh out load
~Izel
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 4 users Like Erxomai's post
30-12-2015, 10:24 PM
Nice to see that your sis got good treatment. Good for the gov and the health system! I happen to have good health care, but I worked a shit-ton of years for it, and still pay a bunch out of pocket. The US is really bad in this regard.
30-12-2015, 10:40 PM
Anti socialized medicine proponent Sarah Palin admitted crossing the border into Canada to partake of socialized medicine. Dodgy

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 2 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-12-2015, 10:43 PM
(30-12-2015 10:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anti socialized medicine proponent Sarah Palin admitted crossing the border into Canada to partake of socialized medicine. Dodgy

For the love of God and all things holy I hope it was for a tubal ligation.

#sigh
[+] 7 users Like GirlyMan's post
30-12-2015, 10:59 PM
(30-12-2015 10:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 10:40 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  Anti socialized medicine proponent Sarah Palin admitted crossing the border into Canada to partake of socialized medicine. Dodgy

For the love of God and all things holy I hope it was for a tubal ligation.

This information came to light several years ago when she was the VP nominee and was decrying all socialized medicine. I think some journalist dug up the information. She's not only an idiot, she's a hypocrite.

Hopefully Sarah hit the menopause wall head on.

Shakespeare's Comedy of Errors.... on Donald J. Trump:

He is deformed, crooked, old, and sere,
Ill-fac’d, worse bodied, shapeless every where;
Vicious, ungentle, foolish, blunt, unkind,
Stigmatical in making, worse in mind.
[+] 3 users Like dancefortwo's post
30-12-2015, 11:05 PM (This post was last modified: 30-12-2015 11:10 PM by GirlyMan.)
(30-12-2015 10:59 PM)dancefortwo Wrote:  
(30-12-2015 10:43 PM)GirlyMan Wrote:  For the love of God and all things holy I hope it was for a tubal ligation.

This information came to light several years ago when she was the VP nominee and was decrying all socialized medicine. I think some journalist dug up the information. She's not only an idiot, she's a hypocrite.

Hopefully Sarah hit the menopause wall head on.

#sigh
30-12-2015, 11:20 PM
(30-12-2015 05:13 PM)Chas Wrote:  So, yesterday my sister in Montreal was having severe chest pain about 1:30PM.

She called for help, was taken to the hospital, diagnosed, had angioplasty, and in a room by 4:00PM. Out of pocket cost? $0.
Socialized medicine is just terrible, eh? Dodgy

She had two more stents put in today and should be home by Sunday.

Without it, I'd be dead. It's as simple as that. I've been paying tax since 1972. So why shouldn't I get a return? If I am dead I can no longer pay a tax or contribute to my country.

And Chas, I am so pleased to hear your sister is doing fine. Big Grin

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 2 users Like Banjo's post
30-12-2015, 11:44 PM
The cost of medical care in the US is the primary problem regardless of how it's funded. We'd have to get that taken care of before socialized medicine could be successfully implemented.

I've been lucky enough to never have an issue. The military has always taken care of me just fine, though I've certainly heard my share of horror stories. And when I lived in Las Vegas, working at Mandalay Bay, they provided full coverage and even brought vaccinations and dentists on site every couple months so we could get stuff taken care of during our lunch breaks or after our shifts if we wanted.

I still prefer to go to the US for anything I can schedule, but have never had any real problems in Canada for the things I couldn't.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
30-12-2015, 11:47 PM
So glad your sister is doing well, Chas. Hug

She must have been terrified! Had she not had healthcare, the stress alone could have done a fair amount of damage.

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 1 user Likes kim's post
31-12-2015, 01:15 AM
Mom was at our niece's wedding on Salt Spring Island near Victoria. She had a heart attack, and was airlifted from Salt Spring over to Victoria. 5 days in the CCU, excellent 2 on 1 care. We were all thrilled at how nice a job they did.
She had a medicare supplement for the travel but figured she would be out of pocket a considerable amount, but the Canadians took what she got and wrote off the rest.
It was the nicest heart attack our family had ever suffered Big Grin
[+] 1 user Likes skyking's post