That's Not Evidence

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-08-2015, 07:25 PM
RE: That's Not Evidence
(13-08-2015 06:58 PM)Stevil Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 06:46 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  An observation is in no way an assumption. Thanks.
I never said an observation was an assumption.

You make a personal observation, lets say a car skids off the road and missing crashing into you by 10 cms.
You assume it was god that saved your live because you believe that god is looking out for you and you assume there was a reason why the car missed you rather than hit you.

Never mind the poor sod that the car did crash into. Perhaps you believe that it was part of god's plan that the dead guy was supposed to be taken at that moment.
Now your assumptions supporting your observations match your beliefs, Hallelujah!

Whereas a physicist, knowing the speed, trajectory and mass of the car, knowing the friction of the road would calculate a path that exactly matches the path the car took. Same observations however invoking the consistent laws of motion rather than an intervening god to explain the observations.
You can explain a lot with science. That in no way means that it wasn't preordained or destined.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-08-2015, 07:27 PM
(13-08-2015 07:02 PM)cjlr Wrote:  Of course, any appeal to what is evident or observable to others rests on the assumption that others have, broadly, the same perceptions and cognition as you. And this is demonstrably false.
Again, my observations not being witnessed by others do not make them false. Thanks.
13-08-2015, 07:43 PM
(13-08-2015 07:25 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  You can explain a lot with science. That in no way means that it wasn't preordained or destined.
The point being that the observations match what is expected given the known physical laws.

There are no observations that suggest anything was preordained or destined.
It is your own (belief based) assumptions surrounding the physical observation that leads you personally come to this (unsupported) conclusion.
13-08-2015, 07:48 PM
(13-08-2015 06:19 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  ...
Is something is unfalsifiable then how is it not evident? Thanks.

Was that a deliberate equivocation?

Dodgy

13-08-2015, 08:08 PM
(13-08-2015 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Dodgy

He will not understand for he is either incapable, or simply unwilling. It is persons such as he whom I was referring to here.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
13-08-2015, 08:42 PM
(13-08-2015 08:08 PM)Free Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  Was that a deliberate equivocation?

Dodgy

He will not understand for he is either incapable, or simply unwilling. It is persons such as he whom I was referring to here.
If I am a victim, which I am not, then you are a victim of confusion due to the RCC/ Pagans of ancient times and the age of enlightenment which was the intentional downfall of man caused by the powers that be. Thanks.
13-08-2015, 08:44 PM
(13-08-2015 07:48 PM)DLJ Wrote:  

Dodgy
No it wasn't. I am not hiding or lying or manipulating anything. That was a question. Thanks.
13-08-2015, 08:45 PM
Still no answer?
13-08-2015, 08:49 PM
(13-08-2015 08:42 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  
(13-08-2015 08:08 PM)Free Wrote:  He will not understand for he is either incapable, or simply unwilling. It is persons such as he whom I was referring to here.
If I am a victim, which I am not, then you are a victim of confusion due to the RCC/ Pagans of ancient times and the age of enlightenment which was the intentional downfall of man caused by the powers that be. Thanks.

I am no victim of any religious beliefs.

But you are indeed a victim of the Roman Catholic Church, which if you know your history, you will understand that Catholic comes from the ancient word of "Catholicism," which means "universal."

Catholicism occurred when all the scattered Christian churches were united as one, back some 1700 years ago.

You are the offspring of catholicism, regardless of which Christian denomination you subscribe to. All Protestant denominations, and all current non Catholic denominations, owe their existence to Catholicism.

Having problems with your computer? Visit our Free Tech Support thread for help!
13-08-2015, 09:15 PM (This post was last modified: 13-08-2015 09:18 PM by Free.)
(13-08-2015 08:45 PM)popsthebuilder Wrote:  Still no answer?

I mean no offence, but you will find it difficult to entice people here to speak to you. From what I can gather, many atheist posters here believe you are "too far gone" to have a meaningful and intelligent discussion with.

You are on an atheist forum. You will have a virtually 0% chance of convincing anyone here that your religious beliefs have any validity.

No one here is interested.