"That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-08-2012, 02:03 PM
"That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"
[Image: neil_armstrong.jpg]

With the passing on Saturday of Neil Armstrong, the first human to walk on the moon, we are reminded of that momentous event on July 20, 1969, when:

1. Man made one of the greatest steps in the progress of science and a scientific worldview; and
  2. Mormon prophecy was dealt one of it's most telling blows in defiance of Mormon Prophet, Seer, and Revelator Joseph Fielding Smith's statement that "The moon is a superior planet to the earth and it was never intended that man should go there. You can write it down in your books that this will never happen."

Fittingly, after Apollo 15's journey to the moon, the astronaut team presented Joseph Fielding Smith with a Utah State Flag that they had taken with them to the moon, which can only be interpreted as an "up your's" masked by the superficial gesture.

http://www.theofrak.com/2012/08/thats-on...giant.html

www.Theofrak.com - because traditional religion is so frakked up

[Image: evol2.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 9 users Like Theofrak's post
30-08-2012, 02:33 PM
RE: "That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"
Good. He should be embarrassed. Arrogant ass.

You know... I don't think I've seen the word "Mormon" on the written page more in my entire life than I have in the past six months. It never fails to catch in my mind; I see "Mormon" but it registers "Moron". I've come to see that as a fairly accurate misstep. Dodgy

A new type of thinking is essential if mankind is to survive and move to higher levels. ~ Albert Einstein
[+] 4 users Like kim's post
30-08-2012, 03:11 PM
RE: "That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"
So I'm not the only one who misreads Mormon? I also read gullible and magical underwear somewhere in there. I have disliked the Mormon church more and more with how they interfered with politics like proposition 8, how they seem to claim the most preposterous things without no evidence and how their prophet was a con man and was running from his previous lies. One of my best friends is a Mormon and every time I question its like his brain turns off and he cannot provide any answers other than he just believes. I definitely believe he is afraid of death and that is the reason he wont question.

Its funny though because his older brother is an ex marine and an atheist.

"Mankind must put an end to war, or war will put an end to mankind." -John F Kennedy

The way to see by Faith is to shut the eye of Reason.” -Benjamin Franklin

It has been a long time. How have you been?