"That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-08-2017, 02:47 AM
RE: "That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"
(03-08-2017 12:58 PM)SYZ Wrote:  Wow... is five years a record necropost here? Cool

Careful. You're making that sound like a challenge.

"If I ignore the alternatives, the only option is God; I ignore them; therefore God." -- The Syllogism of Fail
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Reltzik's post
04-08-2017, 08:27 AM
RE: "That's one small step for man, one giant embarrassment for Mormon prophecy"
[Image: tvD9Sei.jpg]
06-08-2017, 02:01 PM
(03-08-2017 11:31 AM)mordant Wrote:  
(30-08-2012 02:33 PM)kim Wrote:  Good. He should be embarrassed. Arrogant ass.

You know... I don't think I've seen the word "Mormon" on the written page more in my entire life than I have in the past six months. It never fails to catch in my mind; I see "Mormon" but it registers "Moron". I've come to see that as a fairly accurate misstep. Dodgy
Whether a Freudian concoction or not, the angel who Joseph Smith claimed visited him many times (and the guardian of the golden plates) was named ...

Moroni

Pronounced Moe-roe-nigh, of course, it would have been embarrassing to pronounce it more straightforwardly.

Stolen actually. Joseph Smith made up the Book of Mormon from a variety of sources including pirate stories that he was fascinated with as a kid. Moroni is the capitol of the Comoros Islands.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 2 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-08-2017, 02:04 PM
(06-08-2017 02:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Stolen actually. Joseph Smith made up the Book of Mormon from a variety of sources including pirate stories that he was fascinated with as a kid. Moroni is the capitol of the Comoros Islands.

I knew it. Pirates.

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
06-08-2017, 02:15 PM
(06-08-2017 02:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(03-08-2017 11:31 AM)mordant Wrote:  Whether a Freudian concoction or not, the angel who Joseph Smith claimed visited him many times (and the guardian of the golden plates) was named ...

Moroni

Pronounced Moe-roe-nigh, of course, it would have been embarrassing to pronounce it more straightforwardly.

Stolen actually. Joseph Smith made up the Book of Mormon from a variety of sources including pirate stories that he was fascinated with as a kid. Moroni is the capitol of the Comoros Islands.

Citation, for some of those stories, please. That's awesome.

More Min Gee Ziss
[Image: giphy.gif]
06-08-2017, 02:42 PM
(06-08-2017 02:15 PM)TSG Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 02:01 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  Stolen actually. Joseph Smith made up the Book of Mormon from a variety of sources including pirate stories that he was fascinated with as a kid. Moroni is the capitol of the Comoros Islands.

Citation, for some of those stories, please. That's awesome.

Letter to a CES Director. The pirate stories are on page 11.

---
Flesh and blood of a dead star, slain in the apocalypse of supernova, resurrected by four billion years of continuous autocatalytic reaction and crowned with the emergent property of sentience in the dream that the universe might one day understand itself.
[+] 3 users Like Paleophyte's post
06-08-2017, 02:47 PM
(06-08-2017 02:42 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 02:15 PM)TSG Wrote:  Citation, for some of those stories, please. That's awesome.

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks!

More Min Gee Ziss
06-08-2017, 03:07 PM
Hakuna matata

---
06-08-2017, 03:18 PM
(06-08-2017 02:42 PM)Paleophyte Wrote:  
(06-08-2017 02:15 PM)TSG Wrote:  Citation, for some of those stories, please. That's awesome.

Wow. That's one hell of a take-down.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
06-08-2017, 04:47 PM
(06-08-2017 03:18 PM)unfogged Wrote:  Wow. That's one hell of a take-down.

There's a lot of hyperbole on the internet like "John Doe DESTROYS Idea X!!!!!1" But this guy took the time to systematically dissect and eviscerate every minuscule facet of Mormonism, and to incinerate the ensuant carnage.

It's just so beautiful. Heart

More Min Gee Ziss