That shouldn't be illegal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 05:34 AM
That shouldn't be illegal.
Ever read something and thought, "What the hell! That shouldn't be illegal"? Well this thread ain't gonna change the law. But the next best thing is writing about it right? Knock yourselves out!

I read that it's rape even if you stick your finger in someone's mouth without consent. What the fuck? I know right!

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 05:44 AM
RE: That shouldn't be illegal.
Disgusting and rude, but definitely not rape. It's ridiculous.
Here in the US we have a lot of ridiculous laws. I think there's an old law in Georgia that prohibits carrying an ice cream cone in your back pocket in a Sunday.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 05:45 AM
Links please.

Depends on what is being put in the mouth. If it's a penis then why is the mouth any different to the vagina or anus?

Remember you are talking about a violation of someone's body without their consent.

If you are talking about a finger or an inanimate object then yes it should still be illegal for certain contexts but it probably shouldn't be called rape because that cheapens the term. A mother forcing a tablet into some mentally disturbed child's mouth is a far cry from being cornered in a dark alley and having a vibrator rammed down your throat. But with the latter context I am sure that there are other charges that could be used.

Your original post is too ambiguous.
[+] 7 users Like Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 05:48 AM
I don't know about rape, But, think about the person who would do such a thing and the deed itself. I mean, I have often experienced unwelcome touching, but WTF. If someone reached out and intentionally stuck their finger in my mouth, I might feel like screaming rape.

What category of boundary intrusion does this fit? RAPE, maybe.

Just thinking about someone intentionally sticking their finger in my mouth makes me sick.

I think I'd go berserk.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
05-06-2014, 05:51 AM
I definitely don't feel like just sticking your finger in someone's mouth is rape. As someone who has been raped I think when we start calling everything rape it's very frustrating. I guess it might still depend on the circumstances.
Either way if you stick your finger in my mouth without my permission you're likely to be punched in the face if not worse.

Swing with me a while, we can listen to the birds call, we can keep each other warm.
Swing with me forever, we can count up every flower, we can weather every storm.
05-06-2014, 05:55 AM
If someone sticks their finger in my mouth without consent then I'm going to bite.
[+] 2 users Like Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 05:58 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 06:03 AM by Dee.)
Scenario:

You are in a seedy bar. A strange man walks up to you, grabs your face and sticks two fingers into your mouth, moving them down toward your throat; you can't move because he has a grip on your neck. He swipes his fingers around your mouth and removes his hand. You can tell by his eyes he is getting off.

Have you just been raped/violated?

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
[+] 1 user Likes Dee's post
05-06-2014, 06:01 AM
(05-06-2014 05:58 AM)Dee Wrote:  Scenario:

You are in a seedy bar. A strange man walks up to you, grabs your face and sticks two fingers into your mouth, moving them down toward your throat; you can't move because he has a grip on your neck. He swipes his fingers around your mouth and removes his hand. You can tell by his eyes he is getting off.

It is certainly assault and battery, and you have certainly been violated.

However, I agree with Mathilda that calling it rape devalues the word.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like Chas's post
05-06-2014, 06:01 AM
(05-06-2014 05:58 AM)Dee Wrote:  Scenario:

I'd say violated without a doubt. Raped no. Although that's just personal opinion, not a legal definition or anything.
[+] 1 user Likes Mathilda's post
05-06-2014, 06:06 AM
meh, I have no problem with it, especially in the scenario described by Dee.

probably more accurate as assault or battery (although I'm not clear on the legal definitions of those), but I'm ok with a rape charge, especially if its sticks in court.

Since you (collective you, not anyone in particular) were a toddler someone in your life has been teaching you to keep your damn hands to yourself. what's it gonna take to learn it? Drinking Beverage

so many problems avoided if people just kept their hands to themselves when they were supposed to.

consent--its a simple concept.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 2 users Like Bows and Arrows's post