That shouldn't be illegal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 06:08 AM
RE: That shouldn't be illegal.
(05-06-2014 06:01 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 05:58 AM)Dee Wrote:  Scenario:

You are in a seedy bar. A strange man walks up to you, grabs your face and sticks two fingers into your mouth, moving them down toward your throat; you can't move because he has a grip on your neck. He swipes his fingers around your mouth and removes his hand. You can tell by his eyes he is getting off.

Have you just been raped/violated?

It is certainly assault and battery, and you have certainly been violated.

However, I agree with Mathilda that calling it rape devalues the word.

Yeah, maybe it does devalue the word. I concede.

"If you want a happy ending, that depends, of course, on where you stop your story." Orson Welles
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 06:08 AM
(05-06-2014 06:06 AM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  meh, I have no problem with it, especially in the scenario described by Dee.

probably more accurate as assault or battery (although I'm not clear on the legal definitions of those), but I'm ok with a rape charge, especially if its sticks in court.

Assault is the threat, battery is the act.

Or, assault is the attempt to commit battery.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2014, 06:43 AM
(05-06-2014 05:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Links please.

Depends on what is being put in the mouth. If it's a penis then why is the mouth any different to the vagina or anus?

Remember you are talking about a violation of someone's body without their consent.

If you are talking about a finger or an inanimate object then yes it should still be illegal for certain contexts but it probably shouldn't be called rape because that cheapens the term. A mother forcing a tablet into some mentally disturbed child's mouth is a far cry from being cornered in a dark alley and having a vibrator rammed down your throat. But with the latter context I am sure that there are other charges that could be used.

Your original post is too ambiguous.

Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence Wrote:•Rape is the forcible penetration by a penis, finger or object of the vagina, mouth and/or anus of the victim.
http://cardv.org/aboutsexualassault.php

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
[+] 1 user Likes BlackMason's post
05-06-2014, 07:11 AM
(05-06-2014 06:43 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 05:45 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  Links please.

Depends on what is being put in the mouth. If it's a penis then why is the mouth any different to the vagina or anus?

Remember you are talking about a violation of someone's body without their consent.

If you are talking about a finger or an inanimate object then yes it should still be illegal for certain contexts but it probably shouldn't be called rape because that cheapens the term. A mother forcing a tablet into some mentally disturbed child's mouth is a far cry from being cornered in a dark alley and having a vibrator rammed down your throat. But with the latter context I am sure that there are other charges that could be used.

Your original post is too ambiguous.

Center Against Rape and Domestic Violence Wrote:•Rape is the forcible penetration by a penis, finger or object of the vagina, mouth and/or anus of the victim.
http://cardv.org/aboutsexualassault.php

That is their definition, not a legal one.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
05-06-2014, 07:11 AM (This post was last modified: 05-06-2014 07:23 AM by BlackMason.)
(05-06-2014 05:48 AM)Dee Wrote:  I don't know about rape, But, think about the person who would do such a thing and the deed itself. I mean, I have often experienced unwelcome touching, but WTF. If someone reached out and intentionally stuck their finger in my mouth, I might feel like screaming rape.

What category of boundary intrusion does this fit? RAPE, maybe.

Just thinking about someone intentionally sticking their finger in my mouth makes me sick.

I think I'd go berserk.

I laughed a little too much at your post. It's strange that something so harmless would invoke such strong emotions in the victim Laugh out load.

But this is not a rape thread. I've had enough of that rodeo.

(05-06-2014 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is their definition, not a legal one.

The point is that it's actionable in court. It's still illegal, the point of this thread.

(05-06-2014 05:58 AM)Dee Wrote:  Scenario:

You are in a seedy bar. A strange man walks up to you, grabs your face and sticks two fingers into your mouth, moving them down toward your throat; you can't move because he has a grip on your neck. He swipes his fingers around your mouth and removes his hand. You can tell by his eyes he is getting off.

Have you just been raped/violated?

Oh my god, Dee, you're killing me. You should write books and shit!! Bowing

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
05-06-2014, 02:00 PM
So apparently driving for 8 hours to a random town, kicking in a random door, and killing everyone in the house is illegal?...

WHY IS EVERYTHING THATS FUN MADE ILLEGAL?
[+] 2 users Like WeAreTheCosmos's post
05-06-2014, 02:06 PM
(05-06-2014 02:00 PM)WeAreTheCosmos Wrote:  So apparently driving for 8 hours to a random town, kicking in a random door, and killing everyone in the house is illegal?...

WHY IS EVERYTHING THATS FUN MADE ILLEGAL?

I'm assuming you've consumed and/or smoked something that is definitely illegal Consider

Tongue

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2014, 02:13 PM
The fact that it is illegal to be a lesbian or gay in texas.Dodgy

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
05-06-2014, 02:19 PM
OP said something about sticking a finger in someones mouth.

Someone does that to me they better be ready to lose it.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
05-06-2014, 02:51 PM
Incest Drinking Beverage

Specifically non-reproductive incest between consenting adults. Yeah it's gross, but "gross" has never been a justification to make something illegal. Otherwise, the Christian persecution of homosexuals would be justified.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post