That shouldn't be illegal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
05-06-2014, 02:52 PM
RE: That shouldn't be illegal.
(05-06-2014 02:51 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Incest Drinking Beverage

Specifically non-reproductive incest between consenting adults. Yeah it's gross, but "gross" has never been a justification to make something illegal. Otherwise, the Christian persecution of homosexuals would be justified.

I am guessing so would interracial dating, as I have meet people who thought that was gross.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
05-06-2014, 02:57 PM

Specifically non-reproductive incest between consenting adults. Yeah it's gross, but "gross" has never been a justification to make something illegal. Otherwise, the Christian persecution of homosexuals would be justified.

I never quite got that either.

Doesn't it happen on TV all the time, like, long lost brother and sister become a couple and then find out they're related? Doesn't seem gross at all to me. You didn't even know the guy!

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
05-06-2014, 03:07 PM
(05-06-2014 07:11 AM)BlackMason Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 07:11 AM)Chas Wrote:  That is their definition, not a legal one.

The point is that it's actionable in court. It's still illegal, the point of this thread.

But not as rape. It's assault & battery. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
05-06-2014, 03:43 PM
(05-06-2014 02:57 PM)undergroundp Wrote:  

I never quite got that either.

Doesn't it happen on TV all the time, like, long lost brother and sister become a couple and then find out they're related? Doesn't seem gross at all to me. You didn't even know the guy!

That's actually a distinct type of incest. Allow me to clarify.

There is a rather well documented phenomena known as Genetic Sameness Attraction, or GSA for short. On average, people tend to have a slight preference for partners that possess physical traits similar to those produced by one's own genetic lineage. However, it is not strong enough on its own to override our aversion to bedding our own relatives.

What is key, is the process of HOW we internally identify who our family is. We have no innate sense of who our biological kin are. Rather, we psychologically imprint kinship onto whomever is most frequently in our personal proximity during our infancy and early childhood. Otherwise the whole "you were adopted" trope so commonly found in media wouldn't exist if we had an intrinsic, internal detection kit; you would have already known you were adopted.

So when biological relatives, such as siblings, are separated at birth and don't reconnect until they are adults, they will assign each other the same "mate potential" that they would for anybody of similar physical appearances since they never imprinted upon each other. In fact, due to the GSA mentioned previously, they have a somewhat higher probability of being attracted to each other than if a random person were picked from the street. The same applies to cousins who are meeting each other for the first time while adults, or any other scenario you can think of. This brings up another point about why non-reproductive incest should be decriminalized: you could be partaking in it without knowing.

So I agree with you that I don't find GSA induced incest to be disgusting, just awkward and unfortunate. However, even in the case where it is incest with a family member that one has imprinted upon, the type if incest that I do find repulsive, it still shouldn't be illegal if it's consensual. You can't justify criminalizing something simply for being gross.

Again, all of this only applies to consensual, non-reproductive incest, whether GSA induced or not. Inbreeding absolutely SHOULD remain illegal.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 3 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
05-06-2014, 03:49 PM
(05-06-2014 03:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Again, all of this only applies to consensual, non-reproductive incest, whether GSA induced or not. Inbreeding absolutely SHOULD remain illegal.

Well said, but I don't believe in-breeding is actually illegal - just the sex. Drinking Beverage

05-06-2014, 03:57 PM
(05-06-2014 03:49 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(05-06-2014 03:43 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Again, all of this only applies to consensual, non-reproductive incest, whether GSA induced or not. Inbreeding absolutely SHOULD remain illegal.

Well said, but I don't believe in-breeding is actually illegal - just the sex. Drinking Beverage
Well that's just flat out retarded then.

[Image: giphy.gif]
05-06-2014, 05:01 PM
Here in the UAE it's illegal to give THE FINGER! Gasp

And don't mean inserting the finger, just flipping the bird can get you jail time followed by deportation.

If legal precendent held any sway here it would now be legal-ish to say Fuck off but still not Fuck you. A westerner was recently let off with a fine because his lawyer argued that Fuck off simply meant "Leave me alone".

"While religions tell us next to nothing useful or true about the universe, they do tell us an enormous amount - perhaps an embarrassing amount - about ourselves, about what we value, fear and lust after." Iain M Banks
05-06-2014, 05:07 PM

Specifically non-reproductive incest between consenting adults.
Incest, prostitution and polygamy should all be legal.
Not because I am keen to do these things (they don't interest me) but I can't think of any valid reasons why government ought to enforce this restriction on consenting adults.
[+] 1 user Likes Stevil's post
06-06-2014, 02:15 PM

At the risk of irredeemably tarnishing my image, I've got a cute cousin with an unbelievable rack. Her rack has the power to turn me into a 10 year old thumb sucking little girl. I saw her as an adult for the first time 4 years ago. Haven't seen her since. I couldn't stop thinking about how I'd fuck her if she gave me just 1 inch.

By the way I'm more of an ass man, so you know this ain't no ordinary rack!

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
06-06-2014, 02:58 PM
(06-06-2014 02:15 PM)BlackMason Wrote:  

At the risk of irredeemably tarnishing my image, I've got a cute cousin with an unbelievable rack. Her rack has the power to turn me into a 10 year old thumb sucking little girl. I saw her as an adult for the first time 4 years ago. Haven't seen her since. I couldn't stop thinking about how I'd fuck her if she gave me just 1 inch.

By the way I'm more of an ass man, so you know this ain't no ordinary rack!

Meh, not tarnished. I like your honesty, but I'd really like to meet your cousin. Big Grin