That shouldn't be illegal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
07-06-2014, 12:31 AM (This post was last modified: 07-06-2014 12:35 AM by BlackMason.)
RE: That shouldn't be illegal.
(05-06-2014 05:01 PM)daylightisabadthing Wrote:  Here in the UAE it's illegal to give THE FINGER! Gasp

And don't mean inserting the finger, just flipping the bird can get you jail time followed by deportation.

If legal precendent held any sway here it would now be legal-ish to say Fuck off but still not Fuck you. A westerner was recently let off with a fine because his lawyer argued that Fuck off simply meant "Leave me alone".

Wow that's so ridiculous! flipping the bird! I mean what if dude does something inconsiderate in a traffic jam? Or if he steals your parking bay at the mall or something? Dayum!

I wonder if it's some kind of anti western thing.

(06-06-2014 02:58 PM)Chas Wrote:  Meh, not tarnished. I like your honesty, but I'd really like to meet your cousin. Big Grin

Yeah, me too. It's been too long. Problem is she's married now.

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-06-2014, 10:38 PM
Incest and rape first thing out the gate. I love this group! Angel

(05-06-2014 02:51 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Specifically non-reproductive incest between consenting adults. Yeah it's gross, but "gross" has never been a justification to make something illegal.

It's not really a matter of it being "gross," so much as the fact that incest has a tendency to be unfair to the offspring at a more consistent rate than other genetic anomalies. And considering no form of birth control is 100% effective.....

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
08-06-2014, 04:57 PM
(07-06-2014 10:38 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Incest and rape first thing out the gate. I love this group! Angel

(05-06-2014 02:51 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Specifically non-reproductive incest between consenting adults. Yeah it's gross, but "gross" has never been a justification to make something illegal.

It's not really a matter of it being "gross," so much as the fact that incest has a tendency to be unfair to the offspring at a more consistent rate than other genetic anomalies. And considering no form of birth control is 100% effective.....

Except for homosexual sex. I read a letter someone wrote in to dear prudence once. Twin brothers had been in love since they were in their late teens, had always lived together, and wanted people to stop pestering them about when they'd finally settle down with nice women (yeah, their family didn't even know they were gay, let alone in love with each other).

This situation I see no issue with whatsoever. Sure it may seem creepy to some, but they are two consenting adults that love each other, and there is no possibility of inbred children as the result of their union.

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
[+] 2 users Like Smercury44's post
08-06-2014, 07:07 PM (This post was last modified: 08-06-2014 09:45 PM by GirlyMan.)
(08-06-2014 04:57 PM)Smercury44 Wrote:  
(07-06-2014 10:38 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Incest and rape first thing out the gate. I love this group! Angel

Except for homosexual sex. I read a letter someone wrote in to dear prudence once. Twin brothers had been in love since they were in their late teens, had always lived together, and wanted people to stop pestering them about when they'd finally settle down with nice women (yeah, their family didn't even know they were gay, let alone in love with each other).

This situation I see no issue with whatsoever. Sure it may seem creepy to some, but they are two consenting adults that love each other, and there is no possibility of inbred children as the result of their union.

I don't think that's against the law in the Peoples Republic of Maryland. Not only that, but my read is that those brothers can legally marry in Maryland. Big Grin

Is incest illegal in the state of Maryland between half siblings?

I see no prohibition of a man marrying his brother as long as neither one has a vagina. I'm calling this the BroMo loophole. ... Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 1 user Likes GirlyMan's post
09-06-2014, 07:44 PM
Homosexual sex is a form of birth control? Unsure

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
09-06-2014, 07:47 PM
(09-06-2014 07:44 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  Homosexual sex is a form of birth control? Unsure

No, but it makes birth control unnecessary Wink

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
09-06-2014, 07:53 PM
It depends. If it is someone you consider family then we say I love you back, if it is a crush FUCKING RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bechased

Lol jk, just be honest man.

[Image: Guilmon-41189.gif] https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCOW_Ioi2wtuPa88FvBmnBgQ my youtube
09-06-2014, 08:02 PM
(09-06-2014 07:53 PM)ThePaleolithicFreethinker Wrote:  It depends. If it is someone you consider family then we say I love you back, if it is a crush FUCKING RUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Bechased

Lol jk, just be honest man.

You posted this in the wrong thread doofus. But it's fucking funny as shit here. Big Grin

#sigh
[+] 3 users Like GirlyMan's post
10-06-2014, 11:12 AM (This post was last modified: 10-06-2014 11:16 AM by Tartarus Sauce.)

First of all, abortion is always an option. Not a pretty one, but it is.

Secondly, it's also not fair to offspring who had at least one parent with serious genteically inherited diseases and/or deficiencies, but we don't have any laws in place that explicitly enforce a standard of genetic health in order for mating to occur. Inbreeding is wrong, and enforced generational inbreeding is tantamount to child abuse, but if precautions are taken to prevent reproduction, the fact that birth control isn't 100% effective still fails to convince me as a good reason to criminalize incest as a whole. And again, termination can always be used as a failsafe.

Thirdly, who has advocated for decriminalizing rape?

[Image: giphy.gif]
10-06-2014, 05:24 PM
Seatbelt laws, Drug Laws, Helmet Laws, Diet-related laws...anything that forces an adult to 'take care' of themselves against their will. I'm a big boy, I can decide for myself what is acceptable to my body, thanks.

Also, marriage laws...if I want two wives (or two husbands) and they are cool with it, what the fuck do you care?

[+] 2 users Like Dark Light's post