That shouldn't be illegal.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-06-2014, 05:25 PM
RE: That shouldn't be illegal.
(10-06-2014 05:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Seatbelt laws, Drug Laws, Helmet Laws, Diet-related laws...anything that forces an adult to 'take care' of themselves against their will. I'm a big boy, I can decide for myself what is acceptable to my body, thanks.

Yes Clap

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-06-2014, 06:35 PM
Right fucking now, sitting at a hotel in Kentucky.

Me: call the front desk and ask if they sell beer and wine at the gas station here

Husband: makes call- this is a dry county.

Mother fuck. Closest drink is thirty miles away. Had I known I would have bought some when we were out earlier.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
10-06-2014, 06:44 PM
(10-06-2014 06:35 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  Right fucking now, sitting at a hotel in Kentucky.

Me: call the front desk and ask if they sell beer and wine at the gas station here

Husband: makes call- this is a dry county.

Mother fuck. Closest drink is thirty miles away. Had I known I would have bought some when we were out earlier.

Awwww that is the worst!!! I hate staying at a hotel and not being able to bring in my own booze Dodgy

I hope that the world turns, and things get better. But what I hope most of all is that you understand what I mean when I tell you that, even though I do not know you, and even though I may never meet you, laugh with you, cry with you, or kiss you, I love you. With all my heart, I love you. - V for Vendetta
10-06-2014, 09:05 PM
(10-06-2014 11:12 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  First of all, abortion is always an option. Not a pretty one, but it is.

No, it isn't. Forcing a woman (who doesn't want one) to have an abortion for any reason is Hitler-esque, and you can go fuck yourself for thinking this is an acceptable answer to any problem.

(10-06-2014 11:12 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Secondly, it's also not fair to offspring who had at least one parent with serious genteically inherited diseases and/or deficiencies, but we don't have any laws in place that explicitly enforce a standard of genetic health in order for mating to occur.

Considering it's better for the human race as a whole....maybe we should. Drinking Beverage But that seems like a complex enough subject that we would need to start a separate thread if we wanted to delve into it further.

(10-06-2014 11:12 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Inbreeding is wrong, and enforced generational inbreeding is tantamount to child abuse, but if precautions are taken to prevent reproduction, the fact that birth control isn't 100% effective still fails to convince me as a good reason to criminalize incest as a whole.

I actually forgot the title of this thread, but where I am from it actually is criminalized in a lot of cases, unless you are second or third cousins.

There is no such thing as "non reproducing incest" unless one of the parties is sterile or has been artificially sterilized. So of course this matters when you are considering the reproductive aspects of it.

(10-06-2014 11:12 AM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Thirdly, who has advocated for decriminalizing rape?

.............Is this, like, a knock-knock joke or something? We're not talking about rape, we're talking about consensual incest that results in a pregnancy.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
[+] 1 user Likes Cephalotus's post
11-06-2014, 03:48 AM
(10-06-2014 09:05 PM)Cephalotus Wrote:  There is no such thing as "non reproducing incest" unless one of the parties is sterile or has been artificially sterilized. So of course this matters when you are considering the reproductive aspects of it.

People who are related and want to have sex may not want to have kids in the exact same way as any other couple who are not ready for kids and/or have health problems that would cause fetal abnormalities.

How is it any different?

"Behind every great pirate, there is a great butt."
-Guybrush Threepwood-
11-06-2014, 02:42 PM
Heterosexual incest could result in a pregnancy, and he is acting like there is a distinction between pregnancy where the couple was willfully trying for a baby, and pregnancy which was a mistake. If it results in a baby, it doesn't matter what "intentions" were.

THIS USER IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. THANK YOU, AND HAVE A GREAT DAY! http://www.thethinkingatheist.com/forum/...a-few-days
12-06-2014, 02:34 AM
(10-06-2014 05:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Seatbelt laws, Drug Laws, Helmet Laws, Diet-related laws...anything that forces an adult to 'take care' of themselves against their will. I'm a big boy, I can decide for myself what is acceptable to my body, thanks.

Also, marriage laws...if I want two wives (or two husbands) and they are cool with it, what the fuck do you care?

Seat-belts - They help keep you in your seat, and can help you remain in control of a vehicle in case of an emergency. Good luck getting your vehicle under control if you can't stay in your seat. This helps to mitigate risk, not only for yourself, but for everyone else. This help keep all of our insurance rates (which are mandatory) lower. Part of being a 'big boy' is the realization that your actions have consequences beyond yourself. Not wearing a seat-belt increases not just your risk, but the risk of everyone else around you; and not acknowledging that is selfish and short sighted.

Helmets - Same as above.

Drug Laws - Same as above, plus additional factors like addition and public perception. It is also messed up in it's application in many places? Sure, but we're seeing some of that being reversed as the public opinion on marijuana has shifted. It's not perfect, but in principle I don't have issues with restricting access to certain substances.

Diet - I've yet to see any of those, please elaborate? But if you're talking health more generally, I don't have a problem with 'sin tax' on tobacco products as a way to curb use and pay for information campaigns and the increased health expenses everyone else has to be burdened with.

Marriage - It can and does change, and if you can get enough people to rally behind polygamy and are cool with amending the legal benefits of marriage to operate within a polygamous frame, have at it hoss. If there were zero legal advantages given to spouses, this would be much easier; but things are more difficult because all of the things that change legally concerning spouses.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
12-06-2014, 07:57 AM
(12-06-2014 02:34 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  

Also, marriage laws...if I want two wives (or two husbands) and they are cool with it, what the fuck do you care?

Seat-belts - They help keep you in your seat, and can help you remain in control of a vehicle in case of an emergency. Good luck getting your vehicle under control if you can't stay in your seat. This helps to mitigate risk, not only for yourself, but for everyone else. This help keep all of our insurance rates (which are mandatory) lower. Part of being a 'big boy' is the realization that your actions have consequences beyond yourself. Not wearing a seat-belt increases not just your risk, but the risk of everyone else around you; and not acknowledging that is selfish and short sighted.

Helmets - Same as above.

Drug Laws - Same as above, plus additional factors like addition and public perception. It is also messed up in it's application in many places? Sure, but we're seeing some of that being reversed as the public opinion on marijuana has shifted. It's not perfect, but in principle I don't have issues with restricting access to certain substances.

Diet - I've yet to see any of those, please elaborate? But if you're talking health more generally, I don't have a problem with 'sin tax' on tobacco products as a way to curb use and pay for information campaigns and the increased health expenses everyone else has to be burdened with.

Marriage - It can and does change, and if you can get enough people to rally behind polygamy and are cool with amending the legal benefits of marriage to operate within a polygamous frame, have at it hoss. If there were zero legal advantages given to spouses, this would be much easier; but things are more difficult because all of the things that change legally concerning spouses.

EK, I ain't buying your bullshit. Get off it. Even trying to nerf the world was a legitimate excuse to force me to take care of myself, your argument is extremely weak at best, and laughably unrealistic from a practicable standpoint. If I'm in a situation where I am physically incapable of remaining seated, then getting control of my vehicle is out of the picture anyway. Keeping insurance rates low might be a good thing, as is wearing a seatbelt, but simply because it's a good practice does not make is grounds for making something compulsory under threat of fine. It's a good idea not to eat McDonalds 3x a week, it's even dangerous to eat that shit that much, but so fucking what? Fuck me! That fat bastard scarfing down Big Macs every day at lunch is at an increased risk of having a heart attack while driving and killing a car full of babies and kittens. Also, your statement on insurance is based on where you are...same goes for helmets. Then you call me selfish? Oh, fuck off! If you think I'm selfish and short-sighted because I think seatbelts should be optional for adults then your view is so preposterous that I don't really give a fuck about your opinions because you are an fucking idiot.

On diet, since you are ignorant, here is a good example. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_York_Ci...size_limit

12-06-2014, 08:38 AM
There is an app are multiple apps for this. Pretty decent way to pass the time.

In Florida, owners of commercial establishments (where alcohol is sold) may be fined up to $1,000 if they participate in or permit any contest of dwarf-tossing.

In Alaska, a person cannot get drunk in a bar and remain on the premises.

In Arkansas, a pinball machine can't give more than 25 free games to a player who continues to win.

In Indiana, liquor stores can't sell cooled water or soda, but they can sell uncooled soda. In fact, they can't sell milk either.

In Iowa, anyone trying to pass off margarine (or oleo or oleomargarine) as real butter is guilty of a misdemeanor.

In Maryland, a person who sells non-latex condoms by means of a vending machine is guilty of a misdemeanor and subject to a fine up to $1,000.

Trial by combat may still be legal in the US.

...as well as many more

Atir aissom atir imon
12-06-2014, 10:36 AM
(10-06-2014 05:24 PM)Dark Light Wrote:  Also, marriage laws...if I want two wives (or two husbands) and they are cool with it, what the fuck do you care?

Sucks for you. My president has 3 wives and a fiance (Not sure of spelling). Laughat

8000 years before Jesus, the Egyptian god Horus said, "I am the way, the truth, the life."