That was awesome

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-08-2014, 10:19 AM
RE: That was awesome
You done good! Thumbsup

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-08-2014, 01:27 PM
(27-08-2014 10:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 08:58 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Treason Laugh out load

Thumbsup

My only regret is that I didn't address his missive that my products are brought to market through the roads that others paid for.

Nay nay. I already paid for those roads through my taxes. What he is saying that I have to pay for them AGAIN. The money that I used as my seed money to start my company was made with AFTER TAX dollars. If those dollars were pre-tax, it would be a different story.

I think you're missing the point that you alone did not pay for the roads. That is, you did not bear the entire cost of the roads (or any other infrastructure).
You paid your fair share, so you get to use them.
Without the contributions of others, the infrastructure wouldn't exist.
No one does it alone. No one is self-made.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Chas's post
27-08-2014, 01:42 PM
(27-08-2014 01:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 10:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My only regret is that I didn't address his missive that my products are brought to market through the roads that others paid for.

Nay nay. I already paid for those roads through my taxes. What he is saying that I have to pay for them AGAIN. The money that I used as my seed money to start my company was made with AFTER TAX dollars. If those dollars were pre-tax, it would be a different story.

I think you're missing the point that you alone did not pay for the roads. That is, you did not bear the entire cost of the roads (or any other infrastructure).

Duh. But my contribution on the seed money was already made as it was done with after tax dollars. That's my point.

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
27-08-2014, 02:03 PM
(27-08-2014 01:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 10:07 AM)Cathym112 Wrote:  My only regret is that I didn't address his missive that my products are brought to market through the roads that others paid for.

Self-made is a lose term though.
It refers more towards gaining extra help that others don't have (such as roads. Everyone has access to roads but not everyone has access to a trillionaire uncle with Chinese business connections...)

[Image: oscar.png]
27-08-2014, 03:49 PM
(27-08-2014 02:03 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  
(27-08-2014 01:27 PM)Chas Wrote:  I think you're missing the point that you alone did not pay for the roads. That is, you did not bear the entire cost of the roads (or any other infrastructure).

Self-made is a lose term though.
It refers more towards gaining extra help that others don't have (such as roads. Everyone has access to roads but not everyone has access to a trillionaire uncle with Chinese business connections...)

Who has this uncle and can I meet him?

A little rudeness and disrespect can elevate a meaningless interaction to a battle of wills and add drama to an otherwise dull day - Bill Watterson
28-08-2014, 08:22 AM
Oh wow! Putting a voice to a name haha.

I just listened to at this morning. Thought it was really interesting.

Atheism is the only way to truly be free from sin.
[+] 1 user Likes Colourcraze's post