The “new” atheists: rehashing old, bad arguments against other bad arguments.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-11-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: The “new” atheists: rehashing old, bad arguments against other bad arguments.
Looks like we have another one, folks!

If something can be destroyed by the truth, it might be worth destroying.

[Image: ZcC2kGl.png]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Elesjei's post
22-11-2013, 06:22 PM
RE: The “new” atheists: rehashing old, bad arguments against other bad arguments.
(22-11-2013 06:18 PM)joecalintz Wrote:  Your cowardice is terribly transparent.
I appreciate your honest opinion, no matter how wrong it may be. Smartass

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
22-11-2013, 06:25 PM
[Image: troll_2.jpg]

"I don't have to have faith, I have experience." Joseph Campbell
22-11-2013, 06:26 PM
Oh, FFS.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-11-2013, 06:28 PM
(22-11-2013 05:45 PM)joecalintz Wrote:   Copy/paste is not allowed on this forum if you wish to discuss an article please just post a link and a brief summary attempting to pass off others writing as your own is a bannable offense.

What is this bold pink text? Vandals!!!

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
22-11-2013, 06:28 PM
(22-11-2013 06:14 PM)joecalintz Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 06:12 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Was this the assumption you brought to the table?

If so, you have no interest in actually debating, simply broadcasting your viewpoints.

Perhaps if you could step-up and challenge the article's points, a debate could be had.

Sorry! Couldn't help it!

[+] 3 users Like TheGulegon's post
22-11-2013, 06:29 PM
(22-11-2013 06:28 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 05:45 PM)joecalintz Wrote:   Copy/paste is not allowed on this forum if you wish to discuss an article please just post a link and a brief summary attempting to pass off others writing as your own is a bannable offense.

What is this bold pink text? Vandals!!!

Not vandals, rules.

I'm not anti-social. I'm pro-solitude. Sleepy
22-11-2013, 06:45 PM
Joe, take a look at this one page. It's very basic and in doing so you'll know what your words and probably world view are lacking. Honesty is the best policy. You know why you don't find that in the bible. That's because the book is largely a pack of lies wrapped up in a nice church suit and sold to the gullible.

http://voices.yahoo.com/phrase-origins-h...16892.html

When you honestly try to find the origins of a phrase for example, you don't start with what you assume and try to prove that true or to discredit any other source that goes against your assumption, instead you look for the truth. You examine evidence, list your sources and evaluate any claims with skeptical critical thinking.

If you start out with an honest approach, you'll arrive with a more truthful answer.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
22-11-2013, 06:51 PM
(22-11-2013 06:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 06:18 PM)joecalintz Wrote:  Your cowardice is terribly transparent.
I appreciate your honest opinion, no matter how wrong it may be. Smartass

Are you sure it's an honest opinion, though?

Looks more like a baiting tactic to me.

[Image: giphy.gif]
22-11-2013, 06:55 PM
(22-11-2013 06:14 PM)joecalintz Wrote:  
(22-11-2013 06:12 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  Was this the assumption you brought to the table?

If so, you have no interest in actually debating, simply broadcasting your viewpoints.

Perhaps if you could step-up and challenge the article's points, a debate could be had.

Why would I have any interest in debating somebody that has yet to display a desire for meaningful dialogue?

[Image: giphy.gif]