The 13 countries where being an atheist is punishable by death

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
31-03-2016, 06:08 AM
The 13 countries where being an atheist is punishable by death
Can you spot a trend here?

Or is it me being cynical?

The invisible and the non-existent look very much alike
Excreta Tauri Sapientam Fulgeat (The excrement of the bull causes wisdom to flee)
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Silly Deity's post
31-03-2016, 06:14 AM
RE: The 13 countries where being an atheist is punishable by death
It's only fair because atheists get together every Sunday morning and plot overtaking the world with their beliefs................

Oh...

Wait a minute..........

That IS the atheists, isn't it????

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
31-03-2016, 06:37 AM
Islam was civilized when christians were in intelectual dark ages, or so I heard. I guess situation is reversed now.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
31-03-2016, 06:42 AM
(31-03-2016 06:37 AM)Szuchow Wrote:  Islam was civilized when christians were in intelectual dark ages, or so I heard. I guess situation is reversed now.

The Arabic Empire sanctioned/accepted the deities of conquered states, as long as they subscribed to "mono-theism". As in "Oh, that's just another name for Allah". I think "civilized" is not quite the word for an expansionary empire.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 3 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-03-2016, 06:52 AM
Weren't it something good considering standards back then?
About being civilized. Isn't it thanks to Arab that some Greek writings survived?
Also Romans while being highly expansionist were civilized. Much (?) of today law is based on their concepts.

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 2 users Like Szuchow's post
31-03-2016, 06:53 AM
Empires must be somewhat tolerant in order to facilitate expansion. It's just one of those cultural ironies.

'Murican Canadian
[+] 2 users Like yakherder's post
31-03-2016, 09:16 AM
Wait, Malaysia? really? Well I guess we now have a viable explanation for if DLJ suddenly goes missing.

[Image: oscar.png]
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
31-03-2016, 09:52 AM
(31-03-2016 09:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, Malaysia? really? Well I guess we now have a viable explanation for if DLJ suddenly goes missing.

Well, maybe. First look under his chair. He sits on the edge ... he may have slipped off. Slipping off chairs is something atheists here are good at. Facepalm
Weeping

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 2 users Like Bucky Ball's post
31-03-2016, 10:07 AM
Not all places where it's punishable by death actually enforce the law, and not all places where it's theoretically legal do anything to deter people from carrying out mob "justice". There are, therefore, actually a lot more than 13 countries where you can be killed for being atheist.

'Murican Canadian
31-03-2016, 11:03 AM
(31-03-2016 09:16 AM)earmuffs Wrote:  Wait, Malaysia? really? Well I guess we now have a viable explanation for if DLJ suddenly goes missing.

I'm in Sri Lanka at the moment.

En route from #7 on my way to #3.

Life is good.

Big Grin

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post