The 5 Most Embarrassing Ways Churches Are Trying to Be Hip

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
30-10-2012, 01:03 AM
The 5 Most Embarrassing Ways Churches Are Trying to Be Hip
Gotta' love Cracked!http://www.cracked.com/quick-fixes/the-5...to-be-hip/

Would you go to church if they upped their game?

Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-10-2012, 01:07 AM
RE: The 5 Most Embarrassing Ways Churches Are Trying to Be Hip
"Tattoo and a sermon" is an ok idea, but they may want to consider "Lapdance and a sermon". Then they'd have my attention.

Then again, as any altar-boy can tell you; it's not all it's cracked up to be.

Through profound pain comes profound knowledge.
Ridi, Pagliaccio, sul tuo amore infranto! Ridi del duol, che t'avvelena il cor!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
30-10-2012, 01:20 AM
(30-10-2012 01:07 AM)Misanthropik Wrote:  "Tattoo and a sermon" is an ok idea, but they may want to consider "Lapdance and a sermon". Then they'd have my attention.

Then again, as any altar-boy can tell you; it's not all it's cracked up to be.

If the tattoos were free of charge, they did good work, and would tattoo secular things, I'd fucking go! Evil_monster Praise Jeebus Angel

[+] 1 user Likes Dark Light's post
30-10-2012, 01:50 AM
(30-10-2012 01:03 AM)Dark Light Wrote:  Would you go to church if they upped their game?

Fuck no. If I have the choice I wont go to any church until it is the last one left on earth, just before it is toppled.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-10-2012, 01:57 AM
What? No strippers?
30-10-2012, 02:34 AM (This post was last modified: 30-10-2012 02:54 AM by Dark Light.)
(30-10-2012 01:57 AM)Logisch Wrote:  What? No strippers?

Hmm...though that seems like an intentionally funny poke, there may be something to it. As we have seen, when attendance goes down, the rules get changed. That is why the Jews have done so well..."Wait, everyone want to eat shrimp now? Fuck it. We are REFORMED Jews, go ahead"...As attendance falls to the weigh-side even further, who knows what kind of Christian reformations we will see by the churches. I'm putting my money on stripper churches in western and northern Europe by 2030.

For the record there are already nudist (they prefer the term naturist now) churches in America, and I would suspect Europe as well. I would post a link, but I am unsure if I would be breaking a rule by doing that (as I brought up earlier Erx!) so I will let you do the googling if your interested. Not quite the same as erotic dancing, but I mean, they are naked.

Methinks this may be the longest, on most complex reply to a three word post ever in the history of the internet.Hobo

30-10-2012, 02:38 AM
Strippers for JESUS!
[+] 2 users Like Logisch's post
30-10-2012, 02:51 AM
Yaaaay!

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
"Anti-environmentalism is like standing in front of a forest and going 'quick kill them they're coming right for us!'" - Jake Farr-Wharton, The Imaginary Friend Show.
30-10-2012, 04:50 AM
They know how it goes; as the guy who works in my baker used to sing... "It's hip to be square!"

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
30-10-2012, 04:52 AM
I don't think hips are supposed to be square Clyde...

[+] 1 user Likes Free Thought's post