The Action Bible

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-01-2013, 01:13 AM
The Action Bible
Got this as a Christmas gift from my special lady while I was home. It's fantastic in its portrayal as every single person as a moron and Jesus as Clint Eastwood on steroids.

[Image: 0109031502_zps094f9a97.jpg]

[Image: 0115031324_zpsd5683b81.jpg]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Buddy Christ's post
18-01-2013, 10:16 PM
RE: The Action Bible
Comes complete with new Action Jesus with working karate chop!

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
[+] 2 users Like Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver's post
18-01-2013, 11:09 PM
(18-01-2013 01:13 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Got this as a Christmas gift from my special lady while I was home

OK, so what did you do to piss her off?

Dodgy

[+] 1 user Likes DLJ's post
19-01-2013, 02:20 AM
(18-01-2013 10:16 PM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Comes complete with new Action Jesus with working karate chop!

I actually DO have an Action Jesus. My brother got it for me a while back. My favorite part is the poseable arms and the "gliding action."

[Image: jesus-action-figure-744663.jpg&s...nUBpAPQs2w]

"Ain't got no last words to say, yellow streak right up my spine. The gun in my mouth was real and the taste blew my mind."

"We see you cry. We turn your head. Then we slap your face. We see you try. We see you fail. Some things never change."
19-01-2013, 07:42 AM
(18-01-2013 01:13 AM)Buddy Christ Wrote:  Got this as a Christmas gift from my special lady while I was home. It's fantastic in its portrayal as every single person as a moron and Jesus as Clint Eastwood on steroids.

[Image: 0109031502_zps094f9a97.jpg]

[Image: 0115031324_zpsd5683b81.jpg]

If that's not love, I don't know what is. Yes

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
22-02-2013, 12:43 AM
Oh my god, one of my Christian friends has this and apparently he loves it, which means that it's perfect for kids and people who can't read above a sixth-grade level. Tongue

You should post pieces of things like Judges, if it's still in there. I'm curious to know how that translates into a graphic novel.
[+] 1 user Likes The Talking Goat's post
22-02-2013, 01:29 AM
Oh no. Now I actually have to go into the Religion section to look for it at the book store. Crap. Maybe it won't be too traumatic a search as long as I can quickly slip into Philosophy or History - they're fairly nearby. Dodgy

I may have to explore my online options; I too, am quite curious to see how a few things translate graphically.

Hey wait, is it just the New Testament, only? Well, shit... that'll never sell in China... they really like their gore with the graphic novels. Actually, that's probably the main reason I'd buy it, myself. Strictly for educational purposes, of course. Shy

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
22-02-2013, 08:03 AM
Here's the dark side. Combine some animation talent, storytelling and the macabre fascinations Christians have with Blood Atonment and you get this (WARNING: INAPPROPRIATE FOR CHILDREN UNDER 12, MOST HOUSEPETS, OR THE SANE)

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade