The Adjustment Bureau

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
18-07-2011, 11:25 AM
Video The Adjustment Bureau
Not sure if anyone here other than me has seen this movie yet, but if you haven't I reccomend it because it's rather entertaining. And if you have let's discuss it's central themes shall we?

*SPOILERS AHEAD*[Image: th_SpoilerAlert.gif]

So let's start with the whole free will issue brought up roughly just over a quarter of the way through. The idea that we only have the illusion of free will because every time we are given free will we fuck it up royally. I thought this concept was very interesting and would almost have some merit if you know we weren't fucking things up in between all the exampled times given in the movie. Still it made me laugh for some reason.

I hated the bit where the "case workers" are telling him what's up and he's just sitting in the chair not asking questions. Very unrealistic especially when they are describing his inability to take things at face value. I'd be all like "Why the spacey technology if you guys are from Heaven?" to start with. But I thought his attitude was oddly very true to religious people in general, blind belief, obvious disregard for the rules, and reckless endangerment of all those around them because of this belief.

How about the idea that the big guy upstairs is pushing for him to be president, I'm sure that's not going to help any future atheist candidates position.

The comes the end, where after all of that they give you a message about how everything is a test for us to overcome for some reason not given, and that maybe god just wants us to write our own destiny after all???? Malarky I say, but a good movie none the less. I wonder if the christians who watch "The Ledge" will ever say it's good? It may not be I haven't seen it, but if it was I bet they would say it wasn't. Jerks. Big Grin

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
The Adjustment Bureau - lucradis - 18-07-2011 11:25 AM
RE: The Adjustment Bureau - Filox - 18-07-2011, 12:33 PM
RE: The Adjustment Bureau - lucradis - 18-07-2011, 12:42 PM
RE: The Adjustment Bureau - Filox - 20-07-2011, 08:29 AM