The Adjustment Bureau

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-03-2011, 03:08 PM
RE: The Adjustment Bureau
I don't know. I don't follow the antics of actors.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-03-2011, 07:52 PM

I haven't seen it and don't plan on renting the DVD when it's available. It looked way too lame just in the trailer.

It's like the Matrix movie and Prophecy, where there was a sale on dusters! Only in AB it's hats! Which reminded me of the old tin foil hat bit. But what blew it for me was when Damon walks into an office and these weird hat wearing guys are working on someone behind the desk and he stands there and says, "Hey! What are you doing?"
And then through the rest of the trailer, there's Matt running away from these guys only now he's wearing a hat too!
Quote this message in a reply
28-03-2011, 01:29 AM
The explanation given for the hats in the movie (major spoiler alert here) is the angels can only open the secret doors if they're wearing a hat. That's how God "restricts" their power...I'm not kidding...that's how dumb this movie is. I laughed out loud when Damon, when trying to find a way to circumvent the scary "evil" angel tasked with stopping him, suggested he just run up and knock his hat off and then run away, thereby giving himself a head start, and the "good" angel who is defying God by helping Damon against orders, just nods and says, "Yes, that should work." Perhaps if I'd gone there with the viewpoint of watching a comedy it might not have been too bad.

The way to see by Faith, is to shut the eye of Reason. - Ben Franklin
30-03-2011, 11:32 AM
I'm so glad this thread exists. I wen't with a bunch of Mormon buddies and they thought it was the crazies thing ever. I thought, for the lack of concern of the movie I'll use blunt language, fucking stupid.

I usually don't like movies that overly concern themselves with fate, philosophy, etc. But this one was especially bad. Ugh. I won't ever be seeing this one again.