The Adventures of Mark Twain

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
12-01-2013, 01:56 PM
The Adventures of Mark Twain
I'm watching that super creepy 1980's claymation movie "The Adventures of Mark Twain"

I love it, especially its take on Mark Twains story The Mysterious Stranger

"Life itself is only a vision. A dream. Nothing exists except empty space and you, and you are but a thought"

Beautiful

I recommend the story as well. Its put even better there (obviously)

“It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream--a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought--a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!”

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
12-01-2013, 02:19 PM
RE: The Adventures of Mark Twain
(12-01-2013 01:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm watching that super creepy 1980's claymation movie "The Adventures of Mark Twain"

"Life itself is only a vision. A dream. Nothing exists except empty space and you, and you are but a thought"

Beautiful

“It is true, that which I have revealed to you; there is no God, no universe, no human race, no earthly life, no heaven, no hell. It is all a dream--a grotesque and foolish dream. Nothing exists but you. And you are but a thought--a vagrant thought, a useless thought, a homeless thought, wandering forlorn among the empty eternities!”

I remember watching that years ago. It's available on YouTube for anyone wanting to look it up. Here is the "Mysterious Stranger" clip that she is referring too. Super creepy indeed!

Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
12-01-2013, 02:26 PM
This "satan" seems a lot like jesus....
(12-01-2013 02:19 PM)ghostexorcist Wrote:  
(12-01-2013 01:56 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I'm watching that super creepy 1980's claymation movie "The Adventures of Mark Twain"

Beautiful

I remember watching that years ago. It's available on YouTube for anyone wanting to look it up. Here is the "Mysterious Stranger" clip that she is referring too. Super creepy indeed!

Member of the Cult of Reason

The atheist is a man who destroys the imaginary things which afflict the human race, and so leads men back to nature, to experience and to reason.
-Baron d'Holbach-
Bitcion:1DNeQMswMdvx4xLPP6qNE7RkeTwXGC7Bzp
12-01-2013, 02:27 PM
Re: The Adventures of Mark Twain
It's on netflix right now Smile

"People demand freedom of speech as a compensation for the freedom of thought which they seldom use." Soren Kierkegaard
12-01-2013, 02:29 PM
(12-01-2013 02:27 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  It's on netflix right now Smile

Thanks for the heads up. I would much rather watch it in HD than watch parts in crappy quality.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user