The Adventures of Nurse in Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
08-03-2015, 04:07 PM
RE: The Adventures of Nurse in Church
At least it keeps you awake in there - going to catholic church is so very boring, it's the same thing every time.

My mom loved the church choir. I used to go to the xmas midnight mass with her because they would have very long choir segments and usually get someone famous to come and sing. I was the only one in the family who would go with her. I didn't mind, I did it mostly for the nice walk to church with her, usually it was snowing and real pretty and it was a nice way to bond. It was the only day she would go there every year. Just for the music.

I don't know why the music is good, this was mostly classic church music, and they fired up the big old organ for it. It was nice to listen to.

I hope you'll find a way to enjoy yourself...

[Image: dobie.png]Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
08-03-2015, 04:38 PM
(08-03-2015 12:41 PM)morondog Wrote:  Hug sterkte

Sadcryface Thanks, d, I'm trying. Hug

Thanks, all. I'm putting on my gameface. A good dose of hugs and humor and this heathern'll get through hell. Secret agent, indeed. Or undercover - maybe under the covers? Tongue Undercover Atheist sounds more exciting and a little less like the politicians and preachers nudging feet in public bathrooms I picture with "in the closet." Unfortunately it's a veeerrrry conservative church where alcohol is a nono, which means any of the country boys there will be awfully difficult to corrupt - much harder to convince them of some good 'ol fornication if I cain't get 'em drunk first. Angel

Goddamn this is gonna suck, I gotta be sober, no cursing or smartassery, and I can't troll for hookups. I got through this in high school by showing up stoned and fooling around with the boys - I can't even do that now. Whine whine whine. Ok. Time to be strong.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
08-03-2015, 05:36 PM
The Adventures of Nurse in Church
If it keeps you sane, go for it. Sure you may not be a definite jezebel there, so the boys won't have to pray more. Smile

As for the music, maybe it's good for you. Sometimes crying does wonders. Being moved by music isn't rare. I'm moved by a few operas, and my Italian is so rusty I can only tell people where to shove things.

Besides, taking notes and pondering them here just keeps your brain working. That's never bad.
[+] 2 users Like Clockwork's post
08-03-2015, 09:17 PM
Good luck to you, Nurse. No way could I do it. Just the thought of going back into a church (except to attend a wedding or whatever) gives me the heebie-jeebies. Undecided

[+] 1 user Likes Escape Artist's post
08-03-2015, 09:29 PM
quick! someone go tell the amputees that Nurse has the cure....they just have to pray correctly to get their limbs back.

good luck to ya! I couldnt do it. Seriously, whats the worst that would happen if you refused to go. You could stay in the atheist closet but just refuse to hang out in the church closet.

I just keep thinking you are a grown woman, married, a mom, divorced, you have every right to live life on your terms....just tell Momma no and let her be pissed off. You only get one turn on this rock...make it the way you want.

hugs to you.

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 5 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-03-2015, 07:39 AM
as my mom would say, " NO. And thats final." reasons and explantions just give ammo to argue with. Just say no.

[Image: preview.png]

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 3 users Like Bows and Arrows's post
09-03-2015, 11:14 AM
(08-03-2015 12:25 PM)Nurse Wrote:  the first 45 minutes will just be singing, anyway"

Shocking Just how long is that church session?

Popcorn I put more thought into fiction than theists put into reality.
09-03-2015, 11:40 AM
(09-03-2015 11:14 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:25 PM)Nurse Wrote:  the first 45 minutes will just be singing, anyway"

Shocking Just how long is that church session?

0930-1115....FML it's a long damn service. That doesn't count Sunday school. He even joked about how praise Jesus he felt the spirit, he could preach another sermon. Facepalm

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
09-03-2015, 12:12 PM
Nurse, out of interest, why exactly are you still in the closet?

And are you paying money to be part of a church?
09-03-2015, 12:25 PM
(09-03-2015 12:12 PM)Mathilda Wrote:  Nurse, out of interest, why exactly are you still in the closet?

And are you paying money to be part of a church?

No. I'm not tithing. They can go fuck themselves.

The ex moved out. The parents moved in - so I live with them. The entire family consists of conservative Christians, and they would be devastated/appalled at my deconversion. I need their help with picking up my son from school - I work out of town, and my ex spends a lot of time on call, as well as doesn't get off work in time to pick him up. When I go back to school (whether I do med school or CRNA), mom has offered to drive my son to me so I don't completely miss out on his life. The conditions of my being under their roof are keeping my room clean and going to church. My brother was kicked out at 18 for not going. The free rent is helping me pay off my bills prior to quitting nursing and going back to school full time.

I've not been fully functional during all of this (can't imagine why...) and they've helped me with taking care of my son on my weeks to have him. I work night shift, as well, so it helps having extra hands with my screwed up sleep schedule.