The Adventures of Nurse in Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
09-03-2015, 12:47 PM
RE: The Adventures of Nurse in Church
I remember as a kid sitting in church as some of the older men's heads would start staring downward, sometimes you would hear them snoring and their wives would jab them with their elbow.

But now that we have smart phones, you can sleep and play games while passing the time, heck you could even surf TTA forums while passing the time. Big Grin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
09-03-2015, 12:51 PM
(09-03-2015 12:47 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  I remember as a kid sitting in church as some of the older men's heads would start staring downward, sometimes you would hear them snoring and their wives would jab them with their elbow.

But now that we have smart phones, you can sleep and play games while passing the time, heck you could even surf TTA forums while passing the time. Big Grin

I so wanted to...sit too close together to get on TTA without someone seeing.

I'm gonna take notes next time and report back. Nursey is in school. When I bust outta this closet I'm gonna be prepared.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 3 users Like Nurse's post
09-03-2015, 01:55 PM
so you are going to live this way all thru school? (2+ years?)

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
09-03-2015, 02:14 PM
(09-03-2015 01:55 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  so you are going to live this way all thru school? (2+ years?)

At least until I have my finances and prereqs lined up to where I can move out and put myself through school. So I'll probably be here a year and a half (I want to take a vacation or two). I will be in the closet until I no longer depend on my family's support with raising my son. Sure, I could make some other career choices that would make coming out more feasible, but if I can suck it up a few more years I can get to where I want to be both personally and professionally. For me, my career IS personal, it's not just a job, and I don't want just a job. (Sorry, I'm ranting)

CRNA - looking at 28-36 months depending on the school

Med school - 4 years plus residency and fellowship (variable depending on specialty)

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
13-03-2015, 03:20 AM
(09-03-2015 02:14 PM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 01:55 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  so you are going to live this way all thru school? (2+ years?)

At least until I have my finances and prereqs lined up to where I can move out and put myself through school. So I'll probably be here a year and a half (I want to take a vacation or two). I will be in the closet until I no longer depend on my family's support with raising my son. Sure, I could make some other career choices that would make coming out more feasible, but if I can suck it up a few more years I can get to where I want to be both personally and professionally. For me, my career IS personal, it's not just a job, and I don't want just a job. (Sorry, I'm ranting)

CRNA - looking at 28-36 months depending on the school

Med school - 4 years plus residency and fellowship (variable depending on specialty)

You can do it! Big Grin (That didn't feel rant-y by the way.)

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
13-03-2015, 04:55 AM
(09-03-2015 11:40 AM)Nurse Wrote:  
(09-03-2015 11:14 AM)CleverUsername Wrote:  Shocking Just how long is that church session?

0930-1115

Question: Do you snore?

If you sit in the back row and you don't snore... catch up on some sleep

Thumbsup

13-03-2015, 03:38 PM
No, I don't snore! Tongue I'm rather easy to sleep with, I don't like to cuddle once I get to sleep unless it's really cold (that or I'll steal the sheets) and if it's hot - I'm definitely on the opposite side of the bed. No flailing, I stay put...

Mom and Dad like to sit near the front. We were on the fourth row last Sunday. He's head deacon so the preacher looks over at us a lot. I'll be at church this Sunday, too. Plus, the preacher is soooo loud - quite the theatrics. Not quite a "Ha!" preacher, but pretty damn close. It's the music that I usually hate so much.

I'll bring my hot pink moleskin for taking notes, maybe my turquoise Bible I got when I turned ten, I refuse to buy another one... I deleted my bible app last year when I deconverted (it kept annoying me with notifications that I hadn't read it and sending me irrelevant verses) and threw away my study bible about two years ago.

[+] 2 users Like Nurse's post
13-03-2015, 03:59 PM
I would volunteer to be in the nursery or preschool. I would rather hold a screaming infant than sit there.

Is there anyway you could get a Skeptics Annotated Bible, slip it into a pretty cover and tell your mom its a new study bible? Angel

"Life is a daring adventure or it is nothing"--Helen Keller
[+] 1 user Likes Bows and Arrows's post
13-03-2015, 04:04 PM
(13-03-2015 03:59 PM)Bows and Arrows Wrote:  I would volunteer to be in the nursery or preschool. I would rather hold a screaming infant than sit there.

Is there anyway you could get a Skeptics Annotated Bible, slip it into a pretty cover and tell your mom its a new study bible? Angel

Ooooo the annotated bible is a great idea!!! I wonder if it's available at Lifeway Christian Bookstore?

I don't like other people's kids, nursery is a no go. Ugh, we had to do nursery every six weeks with the toddlers when I last went to church - that's when my son was a toddler. It suuuccccckkkkkkeeeedd.

[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
13-03-2015, 04:36 PM
(13-03-2015 03:38 PM)Nurse Wrote:  No, I don't snore! Tongue I'm rather easy to sleep with, I don't like to cuddle once I get to sleep unless it's really cold (that or I'll steal the sheets) and if it's hot - I'm definitely on the opposite side of the bed. No flailing, I stay put...

Mom and Dad like to sit near the front. We were on the fourth row last Sunday. He's head deacon so the preacher looks over at us a lot. I'll be at church this Sunday, too. Plus, the preacher is soooo loud - quite the theatrics. Not quite a "Ha!" preacher, but pretty damn close. It's the music that I usually hate so much.

I'll bring my hot pink moleskin for taking notes, maybe my turquoise Bible I got when I turned ten, I refuse to buy another one... I deleted my bible app last year when I deconverted (it kept annoying me with notifications that I hadn't read it and sending me irrelevant verses) and threw away my study bible about two years ago.

I say you sit in the front row and you pick the perfect moment during the sermon to do this...

make sure you video the reaction Angel

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 6 users Like Full Circle's post