The Adventures of Nurse in Church

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
04-04-2016, 10:29 AM
RE: The Adventures of Nurse in Church
You could always spend every Sunday doing good deeds instead of going to church. Come up with some crap of living your beliefs rather than just sitting down listening and thinking you are doing the right thing.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 6 users Like Mathilda's post
04-04-2016, 12:26 PM
(04-04-2016 10:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You could always spend every Sunday doing good deeds instead of going to church. Come up with some crap of living your beliefs rather than just sitting down listening and thinking you are doing the right thing.

Smart idea! That is exactly what I would do if the problem was laid into my lap.
[+] 2 users Like Aliza's post
04-04-2016, 12:53 PM
(04-04-2016 10:29 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  You could always spend every Sunday doing good deeds instead of going to church. Come up with some crap of living your beliefs rather than just sitting down listening and thinking you are doing the right thing.

I tried that years ago. It still does not replace Sunday worship, especially for my son. I heard about it almost every fucking phone call - "My boy needs to be in church. My boy needs to learn how to go to church." I have the rest of the week to do good deeds, Sunday morning is to equip me for the rest of the week's challenges. Rolleyes

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
04-04-2016, 05:03 PM
(03-04-2016 10:09 AM)Nurse Wrote:  Today I had to go to Sunday School.

Have the children act out each Sunday's lesson. They'll have fun acting out, the Church will think it's a great idea for imprinting the lesson, and the kids will learn it's all just make-believe. win win win.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
[+] 4 users Like GirlyMan's post
04-04-2016, 08:58 PM

Please tell us you played the Praying Game. Basically it's a mental high score game where you try to see which name/title of God get's used the most. Back in my Baptist days it was usually "Father" or "Holy God" in the double digits compared to just about any other.

Need to think of a witty signature.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Shai Hulud's post
04-04-2016, 10:06 PM
(08-03-2015 12:25 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I've just suffered through, these two young people sang with such passion to an acoustic guitar.

In The Business, we refer to them as "Fools on stools.". Wink

Sad you had to attend church. Why you went is beyond my imagination, not living in or experiencing your society.

My condolences.

NOTE: Member, Tomasia uses this site to slander other individuals. He then later proclaims it a joke, but not in public.
I will call him a liar and a dog here and now.
Banjo.
[+] 1 user Likes Banjo's post
04-04-2016, 10:31 PM
(04-04-2016 12:53 PM)Nurse Wrote:  

I tried that years ago. It still does not replace Sunday worship, especially for my son. I heard about it almost every fucking phone call - "My boy needs to be in church. My boy needs to learn how to go to church." I have the rest of the week to do good deeds, Sunday morning is to equip me for the rest of the week's challenges. Rolleyes

The things we do for the sake of family.

Hug

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 1 user Likes Momsurroundedbyboys's post
04-04-2016, 10:40 PM
(04-04-2016 08:58 PM)Shai Hulud Wrote:  

Please tell us you played the Praying Game. Basically it's a mental high score game where you try to see which name/title of God get's used the most. Back in my Baptist days it was usually "Father" or "Holy God" in the double digits compared to just about any other.

"Father God" is currently en vogue

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
04-04-2016, 10:46 PM
Little nuggets from this week's Sunday School:

The atmosphere in the room changes when you say the name "Jesus." (Please make sure you add southern, corny, breathy inflection with near orgasm squinty face) The bible tells us there is power in his name. There were verses quoted with it...but I couldn't keep up with that shit, nor did I care...

Don't be afraid to share your faith because the Holy Spirit will tell you what to say. You may be made to feel stupid, but we're not the scholars. You have to take it on faith. I *know* my lord is real. He lives. He redeems. Whatever struggles you have this week, he will get you through it.

There was no cohesion because there was so much bouncing back and forth with the different quoted verses. The lesson was from Acts chapters 3-4, but I can't even begin to nail down the point of it...

04-04-2016, 10:55 PM
(04-04-2016 10:06 PM)Banjo Wrote:  
(08-03-2015 12:25 PM)Nurse Wrote:  I've just suffered through, these two young people sang with such passion to an acoustic guitar.

In The Business, we refer to them as "Fools on stools.". Wink

Sad you had to attend church. Why you went is beyond my imagination, not living in or experiencing your society.

My condolences.

I live a complicated life that comes with certain societal and familial expectations. Nonconformity (atheism) has its consequences, of which are too great for me at present. It boils down to custody of my son and ability to escape debt. I live in the closet, and as such I don't get nagged, kicked out of my home (I'm moving back in with my parents), and have assistance with my raising my seven year old son - I work 13+ hour night shifts. After my divorce I have no retirement (I worked unbenefited because of the huge increase in my hourly wages, and we invested in my ex's account. Had I known to hold out until THIS summer, I could have gone after half of his retirement because we would have been married ten years, but instead I get nothing), so me getting out of debt is essential for my future.