06-03-2012, 05:46 AM
RE: The Aheist Satanist
Satanism?
[Image: 55200_o.gif]

Welcome to science. You're gonna like it here - Phil Plait

Have you ever tried taking a comfort blanket away from a small child? - DLJ
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-03-2012, 07:40 AM (This post was last modified: 10-03-2012 07:42 AM by gaglamesh731.)
(04-03-2012 02:41 PM)Anjele Wrote:  Metal music is music...weak minds fall prey to all sorts of things...so far my metal days haven't caused me any problems. In fact, sometimes I still think it's great driving music.

Well , I only brought it up because a lot of teens who listen to a song or another and wear a T-shirt with a pentagram they are "satanists" per say. And sadly some grown adults believe it also.

(06-03-2012 05:11 AM)znk666 Wrote:  I was having this discussion with a guy,and what he technically said is ''The less you believe in him the more he's controlling you''
I may have heard a lot of idiocy but this is tremendously dumb.

I must be controlled By Zeus or Ra , because I really love Thor because of Skyrim.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
11-03-2012, 05:51 AM
I read LeVey as a teen, its an interesting read, mostly focusing on the self, doesn't have anything to do with "Satan" in the Christian sense, I think the term is more shock value than anything. Though I have run into a few people who are Satanists in the traditional sense, they find Lucipher, the fallen angel, the rebellious angel of god, to be an inspiration. I was influenced by it simply in that it made me see other belief paths aside from my at the time polytheistic ideas and the Christianity I saw around me.
11-03-2012, 06:49 AM
When I think of Satanism (the real LaVey sect), I think of their ridiculous eye-for-an-eye concept and their inner-worship.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
11-03-2012, 05:50 PM
(06-03-2012 04:21 AM)Leela Wrote:  
(06-03-2012 03:08 AM)Logisch Wrote:  Cares more about general truths, seeking info, worries more about actual existence and what is rather than what isn't, thinks people deserve recognition if they deserve it rather than just because... etc etc... I went... "What? Well that's not what I expected."

That's only one of the many branches. If you get really deep into it you will see, it is branched like all religions.
Many colors, many ways of living it, of celabrating it, of seeing the philosophy behind it, and even the dangerous cults and sects.

Just as I wrote on the other topic (today somewhere here), it's as crazy and confusing as all relgions are.

No surprise there, anything made up by humans is going to have various sects and slight differences.

re: your sig: congrats on hacking your own PC Tongue

Better without God, and happier too.