The All seeing Eye

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-01-2011, 01:08 PM
The All seeing Eye
Yes, that old topic , the All Seeing Eye - the one on the 1 dollar bill.
Where did it originate historically ?
What significance does it have ?
If any of you are historians or studied history properly give me a clue.

It's been so swamped in conspiracies about masonry that it's almost impossible to cut through.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
13-01-2011, 02:57 PM
RE: The All seeing Eye
(13-01-2011 01:08 PM)gaglamesh731 Wrote:  It's been so swamped in conspiracies about masonry that it's almost impossible to cut through.

Rule one. Most conspiracy stories are not about conspiracies, they are the conspiracy.

So far I have never heard a conspiracy story that is valid in its claims, has verifiable evidence or can be supported from outside sources.

The masons are an organization like any other. A bunch of people who use their connections with each other for mutual benefit. They have their mystique and rituals, but they do not possess the awesome power that they have been accused of, nor do they have a stranglehold on the nation.

Conspiracy theories have proven to be a waste of time to even think about. They are like mini-religions where some idiot comes up with a stupid idea and a bunch of sheep follow him no matter what real evidence is available.

WERE IS THE EVIDENCE?
We don't need any because we believe.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.
13-01-2011, 06:05 PM
I always thought the eye was a masonic symbol? The USA is a primarily Masonic country when you break down to Religion and Politics.

Though to be honest I don't really see the problem here. The status of American masons doesn't really show how the quite country club-ish masons in the rest of the world would be part of some sort of new world order. One country out of many holds masons in myth, legend and most of the higher politicians, but America is not the world, and America has always been masonic. It doesn't really factor.

Jesus Jumping Christ on a traction engine wearing a kilt and eating a marmite sandwich!!!
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-01-2011, 07:16 PM
Cetaceaphile is correct, the eye in the dollar is a symbol from the Free Masons. Many of the founding fathers were masons, so they put their club symbol on the money because ... well, because they could. I don't think there was anything nefarious about it, though.

As a side note, I never understood the obsession with conspiracy theories. The idea that large groups of people can all keep the same secret just defies logic to me. In my experience, if one person knows something and doesn't tell anyone, then it can remain a secret. Once a second person is in on it, though, it's usually over.

Shackle their minds when they're bent on the cross
When ignorance reigns, life is lost
13-01-2011, 09:41 PM
From what I heard the Eye on the dollar bill is the eye of providence on a pyramid.
The masonic eye is an eye in a triangle.
Even if they put their symbol on the money so what -> in my country Romania , the Christian cross is on the national symbol , and christianity is referenced in the anthem -> and we're supposed to be secular.
18-01-2011, 03:53 PM
According to one of my books, the term All-Seeing Eye of God comes from Proverbs 15:3, which says "The eyes of the Lord are in every place, beholding the evil and the good" (KJV). Also, When it is enclosed within a triangle, it is a symbol of the Trinity.

Makes me wonder why the all-seeing eye always turns a blind eye to human suffering.
19-01-2011, 12:15 AM
I did a bit of reading an found out the symbol was used by Christianity long before Freemasonry.
Also , it seems to all come from the eye of Horus.
Anyone here an Egyptologist or history student ?
In 1525 it was painted by Jacobo Pontormo (in a painting behind Jesus): http://www.wga.hu/art/p/pontormo/3/04emmaus.jpg
19-01-2011, 03:53 AM

Darwin is on some of our money lol.....

now if only we can get the word God removed from the national anthem. I haven't the slightest reason why people believe that a fictional character would have any ability to save the queen
http://www.justsomelyrics.com/660886/Eng...hem-Lyrics
Quote this message in a reply
19-01-2011, 07:06 AM
I like the Sex Pistols version of your anthem - ROFLMAO Big Grin

I would love to see money say , in "Evidence we trust" - then I could die happy.