The Amazing Atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
22-07-2013, 11:08 PM
The Amazing Atheist...
Among the Youtube atheists, I have yet to find one more controversial than The Amazing Atheist. A lot of people love him. A lot of people despise him. With the other ones (AronRa, DPRjones, DarkMatter2525, TTA, etc.) people generally tend to like them, but TAA is like a completely separate entity. I happen to like all of the above, but I'm curious as to how other people view The Amazing Atheist.

Oh I forgot to mention Thunderf00t. He's somewhat contentious, but not even close to TAA. He's probably my second favorite Youtube Atheist.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
22-07-2013, 11:32 PM
RE: The Amazing Atheist...
(22-07-2013 11:08 PM)DerekS Wrote:  Among the Youtube atheists, I have yet to find one more controversial than The Amazing Atheist. A lot of people love him. A lot of people despise him. With the other ones (AronRa, DPRjones, DarkMatter2525, TTA, etc.) people generally tend to like them, but TAA is like a completely separate entity. I happen to like all of the above, but I'm curious as to how other people view The Amazing Atheist.

Oh I forgot to mention Thunderf00t. He's somewhat contentious, but not even close to TAA. He's probably my second favorite Youtube Atheist.

He makes some very good points in his videos, but he presents them (and himself) in such an abrasive manner. This is primarily why I don't normally watch him.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 2 users Like ghostexorcist's post
22-07-2013, 11:41 PM
Some of his stuff is good, others is to seemingly make money, other stuff for shock factor... when he first started I really loved his stuff. I don't watch it quite as much anymore. Doesn't really have the same bite it used to anymore. Still, some of his stuff is good and I get the feeling he overall has good intentions.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
22-07-2013, 11:51 PM
It's been a while since I've listened to him, but I remember not liking him. He's too abrasive and I remember he had some poorly formulated arguments.

“We are all connected; To each other, biologically. To the earth, chemically. To the rest of the universe atomically.”

-Neil deGrasse Tyson
23-07-2013, 12:14 AM
He pretty good in his early vids but now TJ is just one big gimmick I'm tired of the everything for shock value that's not all that shocking, just crude. He'll probably be forgotten within the next few years like everything else on the Internet.
23-07-2013, 12:48 AM
Yeah, he doesn't beat around the bush.
It's nescesary to be blunt sometimes.

Aspiring optimist
Eternal Pragmatist.
With the uncanny ability to see all sides in every argument.
23-07-2013, 05:40 AM
(23-07-2013 12:48 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Yeah, he doesn't beat around the bush.

There is a big difference between being blunt, and just being very loud and foul.
TAA is the latter.

(22-07-2013 11:08 PM)DerekS Wrote:  Among the Youtube atheists, I have yet to find one more controversial than The Amazing Atheist. A lot of people love him. A lot of people despise him. With the other ones (AronRa, DPRjones, DarkMatter2525, TTA, etc.) people generally tend to like them, but TAA is like a completely separate entity. I happen to like all of the above, but I'm curious as to how other people view The Amazing Atheist.

I have not watched a whole lot of his videos, but from those I've watched I have to say I can't stand him.
His behaviour in his videos are childish and his way of thinking is not only childish but incredibly flawed and stupid (talking from those few videos I've watched).

Now one thing is how he is on youtube, and unfortunately I've had the displeasure of meeting him personally too.
Let's just say it wasn't exactly a pleasure.
[+] 2 users Like MuffinPuffin's post
23-07-2013, 05:41 AM (This post was last modified: 23-07-2013 05:45 AM by Logica Humano.)
He makes a few (and I mean a few) good points about religion, but he is far too abrasive for me to take him seriously.

(23-07-2013 12:48 AM)Caveman Wrote:  Yeah, he doesn't beat around the bush.

There's a difference between being blunt and being a dick. Hitchens was blunt. TheAmazingAtheist is a fucking moron.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
[+] 2 users Like Logica Humano's post
23-07-2013, 05:53 AM
I like TJ, I'll prolly always like TJ, but no, he's definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Big Grin

I also like tf00t, but he can be a whiny little bitch at times. Tongue

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes houseofcantor's post
25-07-2013, 02:52 AM
I'll always like TJ. I hate this idea that everyone who is an atheist must be a genius and always must have the right stuff to say. Religion sucks, what more can you say? I'll always like him since I find a lot of his behavior and opinons to like mine. And he was also the Distressed Watcher back in the day. That means I hold him in equal measure to Doug Walker, James Rolfe and Spoony.

[Image: 9f6.gif]