The Amazing Atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
27-07-2013, 07:29 PM
RE: The Amazing Atheist...
(27-07-2013 07:08 PM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 07:03 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  So you think I should regard your opinion as fact? Guess what buddy, I think he is a GREAT speaker. I love everything about him and 99% of the things he says I agree with so no he is not an ineffective speaker. You have not shown me a single piece of anything that suggests that he is an ineffective speaker and you never will. I love TJ's abrasiveness so stop trying to stick in your absolutes regarding the way I judge a speaker's ability. Also, different people have different goals/objectives in a debate so you can stick that comment to, since my objective would be to convince the audience. Just because you can't handle his rhetoric doesn't mean you can dictate to me how I feel about him, and the fact that you think you can shows who is really "intellectually blind."

What I am saying is not opinion. Again, the purpose of a debate is to convince your opponent. You cannot do this by being abrasive. TJ is not an effective speaker. Whether or not you like the way he presents his arguments is entirely irrelevant. His abrasive demeanor wouldn't convince anyone who wasn't already an atheist or a left-leaning libertarian.

(27-07-2013 07:03 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I don't give a damn if you like TJ or not I'm saying that he is a great, awesome, and wonderfully abrasive speaker.

Great! I have told you why he is not an effective one.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You are actually telling me that I have to adopt your opinion because YOU think that you have convinced ME good enough. "What I am saying is not opinion," are you crazy? of course it is. You're spouting opinion after opinion! Now you are acting like a little kid trying to bully his younger brother, well guess what? Its not going to work on me. You are immature and cannot be taken seriously, it's really rather unfortunate.

I'm getting tired of your mindless posts about how your opinion (which you claim isn't even opinion LOL) is better then mine. It's not and never will be. You are actually sounding like a right wing fundamentalist right now and it's pretty funny.

Here's a stat for you Mr. Pretentious, AA has 442,413 subscribers. How do you explain that? Are we all just brainwashed by his abrasiveness?

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-07-2013, 07:43 PM
(27-07-2013 07:29 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Here's a stat for you Mr. Pretentious, AA has 442,413 subscribers. How do you explain that? Are we all just brainwashed by his abrasiveness?

Appeal to popularity. Not an argument.

Carry on.

... this is my signature!
27-07-2013, 07:44 PM
(27-07-2013 07:43 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 07:29 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Here's a stat for you Mr. Pretentious, AA has 442,413 subscribers. How do you explain that? Are we all just brainwashed by his abrasiveness?

Appeal to popularity. Not an argument.

Carry on.

Maybe it doesn't PROVE he is a good speaker but it obviously shows someone likes him. It is an argument. Carry on.

27-07-2013, 07:52 PM
(27-07-2013 07:44 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Maybe it doesn't PROVE he is a good speaker but it obviously shows someone likes him. It is an argument. Carry on.

It shows that people like listening to him.

It does not show that he is an effective speaker, if effective is defined as able to convince others of the speaker's views (this was Logica's line).

So, yes, it shows something, and is an argument, but it does not have any bearing on the discussion you and Logica were having...

27-07-2013, 07:57 PM
(27-07-2013 07:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 07:44 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Maybe it doesn't PROVE he is a good speaker but it obviously shows someone likes him. It is an argument. Carry on.

It shows that people like listening to him.

It does not show that he is an effective speaker, if effective is defined as able to convince others of the speaker's views (this was Logica's line).

So, yes, it shows something, and is an argument, but it does not have any bearing on the discussion you and Logica were having...

Logica is trying to say that he is right because his opinion is more important than ours. I was showing him that he is wrong and he is not the overlord of me or my opinions.
AA is popular on YouTube so if he is an ineffective speaker, why do people listen to him week in and week out? Explain that one.

27-07-2013, 07:59 PM
(27-07-2013 07:57 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 07:52 PM)cjlr Wrote:  It shows that people like listening to him.

Logica is trying to say that he is right because his opinion is more important than ours. I was showing him that he is wrong and he is not the overlord of me or my opinions.
AA is popular on YouTube so if he is an ineffective speaker, why do people listen to him week in and week out? Explain that one.

He's funny, he's angry. It isn't really hard since religion is the dumbest thing on the planet. That, and crazy "feminists".

[Image: 9f6.gif]
27-07-2013, 08:00 PM
(27-07-2013 07:57 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  AA is popular on YouTube so if he is an ineffective speaker, why do people listen to him week in and week out? Explain that one.

Perhaps because they already agree with him.

Perhaps because the find him entertaining regardless of whether they agree with him.

Either would explain things. Either also shifts the argument to, "what do fourth parties think of the third party in question", and so it's not a particularly useful line to pursue.

27-07-2013, 08:07 PM
I find that when I don't enjoy a youtuber, I don't watch them.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 2 users Like earmuffs's post
27-07-2013, 08:09 PM
(27-07-2013 08:00 PM)cjlr Wrote:  
(27-07-2013 07:57 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  AA is popular on YouTube so if he is an ineffective speaker, why do people listen to him week in and week out? Explain that one.

Perhaps because they already agree with him.

Perhaps because the find him entertaining regardless of whether they agree with him.

Either would explain things. Either also shifts the argument to, "what do fourth parties think of the third party in question", and so it's not a particularly useful line to pursue.

No one knows the reasons why his audience watches him other than they want to so I'd say he is pretty damn interesting guy to watch. If you call 440,000 odd subscribers ineffective idk what you would consider effective. Whoever said his objective was to debate anyway. He has said that he is an entertainer, something I think he absolutely excels at.

27-07-2013, 08:11 PM
(27-07-2013 08:09 PM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  No one knows the reasons why his audience watches him other than they want to so I'd say he is pretty damn interesting guy to watch. If you call 440,000 odd subscribers ineffective idk what you would consider effective. Whoever said his objective was to debate anyway. He has said that he is an entertainer, something I think he absolutely excels at.

No, I'd agree. He's mostly entertaining most of the time (and a right cunt on other occasions, but eh, nobody's perfect).

What Logica said was that he's not likely to convince anyone of anything. That's a question independent of whether or not he's entertaining. That people watch him proves he's entertaining. As to the other?