The Amazing Atheist...

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
28-07-2013, 02:23 AM (This post was last modified: 28-07-2013 02:28 AM by Logica Humano.)
RE: The Amazing Atheist...
(28-07-2013 02:16 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  WTF? Are you still wanting to claim your crap is not an opinion? What a fucking joke. Then you have the nerve to tell me that I have a condescending attitude? Who are you to dictate what AA's channel purpose is? He has said many times that he is an entertainer, not a debater. He doesn't give a fuck about converting right wingers or creationists to the atheist camp, he is in the business of massacring their stupid arguments to entertain his audience. Why can't you get that through your thick head buddy?

Now you want to question my intellectual ability on the subject of Theism and Atheism do ya? I know exactly why people believe in religion, go check out my other posts you pretentious wanker. If you want to show me I don't know anything about atheism ask me questions regarding the subject matter don't just question how much I have read. Go check out my I Believe post. That's why people believe in gods and goddesses mate.

Which is precisely why he is not a good speaker. He can't convince his opponents. He preaches to the choir because the choir is all that gives him a moment. I am not saying he has never deconverted someone. I am saying that he is not very good at it and that people who listen to him are widely already on the same sheet of music. His abrasive approach puts anyone else on the defensive. It is not that I can't understand it, it is that I do understand it. You have said he is a good speaker. He isn't. He may be entertaining. He may even make a compelling argument occasionally. What matters is the way he presents his points. One could be the craziest, most delusion right-wing libertarian, and still be a good speaker because of understanding and analysis of opponents. Not endlessly screaming at the camera, calling people shitbrains and dumbfucks all the time.

How am I being pretentious? I simply asked a question. Your post addressed two of the many reasons why people believe. I think you should really read those two books I linked you to, they changed my perception of the believer because, like you, I was angry at and aggressive toward the religious.

[Image: Untitled-2.png?_subject_uid=322943157&am...Y7Dzq4lJog]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
28-07-2013, 02:44 AM
(28-07-2013 02:23 AM)Logica Humano Wrote:  
(28-07-2013 02:16 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  WTF? Are you still wanting to claim your crap is not an opinion? What a fucking joke. Then you have the nerve to tell me that I have a condescending attitude? Who are you to dictate what AA's channel purpose is? He has said many times that he is an entertainer, not a debater. He doesn't give a fuck about converting right wingers or creationists to the atheist camp, he is in the business of massacring their stupid arguments to entertain his audience. Why can't you get that through your thick head buddy?

Now you want to question my intellectual ability on the subject of Theism and Atheism do ya? I know exactly why people believe in religion, go check out my other posts you pretentious wanker. If you want to show me I don't know anything about atheism ask me questions regarding the subject matter don't just question how much I have read. Go check out my I Believe post. That's why people believe in gods and goddesses mate.

Which is precisely why he is not a good speaker. He can't convince his opponents. He preaches to the choir because the choir is all that gives him a moment. I am not saying he has never deconverted someone. I am saying that he is not very good at it and that people who listen to him are widely already on the same sheet of music. His abrasive approach puts anyone else on the defensive. It is not that I can't understand it, it is that I do understand it. You have said he is a good speaker. He isn't. He may be entertaining. He may even make a compelling argument occasionally. What matters is the way he presents his points. One could be the craziest, most delusion right-wing libertarian, and still be a good speaker because of understanding and analysis of opponents. Not endlessly screaming at the camera, calling people shitbrains and dumbfucks all the time.

How am I being pretentious? I simply asked a question. Your post addressed two of the many reasons why people believe. I think you should really read those two books I linked you to, they changed my perception of the believer because, like you, I was angry at and aggressive toward the religious.

I'm not really sure why you keep trying to shove the exact same words down my throat because they didn't work the first time and they don't work now. I will say again, he does not give a damn about specifically going out and converting people from religion, because HE IS AN ENTERTAINER. He works to inform and persuade his demographic, the atheist camp, so get over your preconceived notion that people have to actively work to convert people.

************The opinion of whether or not TJ is a good speaker is just fucking that, an opinion. If you try and tell me that isn't an opinion one more time I will know that you are a pretentious idiot that doesn't understand subjectivity.

You are pretentious because you have said twice now that your opinions are facts, which is pretty much the word for word definition. Also you and books can take a hike because I do not need to hear the same arguments over and over. I have already read all I need to read, including books and articles by Dawkins, Hitchens, and Grayling, thank you very much.

[Image: g-HitchensThinkSelf.gif]
28-07-2013, 02:51 AM
(28-07-2013 02:44 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  I'm not really sure why you keep trying to shove the exact same words down my throat because they didn't work the first time and they don't work now. I will say again, he does not give a damn about specifically going out and converting people from religion, because HE IS AN ENTERTAINER. He works to inform and persuade his demographic, the atheist camp, so get over your preconceived notion that people have to actively work to convert people.

************The opinion of whether or not TJ is a good speaker is just fucking that, an opinion. If you try and tell me that isn't an opinion one more time I will know that you are a pretentious idiot that doesn't understand subjectivity.

You are pretentious because you have said twice now that your opinions are facts, which is pretty much the word for word definition. Also you and books can take a hike because I do not need to hear the same arguments over and over. I have already read all I need to read, including books and articles by Dawkins, Hitchens, and Grayling, thank you very much.

I am not saying that he wants to. I am simply saying that he is not a good speaker because he cannot persuade his opponents. He may be an entertainer, woopty fucking shit. That doesn't discount what I have said. What I have said is fact. He has not convinced the wide majority of theists on anything other than atheists are, apparently, massive douches. He is not good for the image of atheism and is not a good speaker.

Again, I am not saying that my dislike for him is fact. I know that it is an opinion. However, it is fact that he is not a convincing or articulate speaker to anyone who is not already on the same sheet of music.

28-07-2013, 03:12 AM
Ok now I know for sure that you are a pretentious idiot that doesn't understand subjectivity or the fact that an orator can choose his or her demographic anyway he or she pleases. You have no idea what TJ has convinced anyone of or could ever know that so no, you have proved that you are the massive douchebag. He is great for the image of atheism and is a great speaker because he doesn't give a fuck about feelings of idiots or opinions they have of him.

"However, it is fact that he is not a convincing or articulate speaker to anyone who is not already on the same sheet of music." If that is true, how did he almost single-handedly convince me religion was bullshit? just some food for thought

28-07-2013, 03:17 AM
(28-07-2013 03:12 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  "However, it is fact that he is not a convincing or articulate speaker to anyone who is not already on the same sheet of music." If that is true, how did he almost single-handedly convince me religion was bullshit? just some food for thought

Because you were already questioning your faith. He was simply the final nail in the coffin, so to speak. Find me a staunch religious individual that will listen to him and reply with a non-defensive argument. Right, you can't.

Now, because you have proven to the entire forum, quite repetitiously, that you are an emotional fuckwad with little understanding, I won't continue to dignify your nonsensical dribble with any serious response from here on out.

28-07-2013, 03:41 AM
No I actually wasn't buddy. What ACTUALLY happened was that one night I was browsing YouTube and say a picture of TJ with his usually provocative thumbnailed video and it was trending. I clicked on to have a good laugh and guess what happened? I got slammed with a bunch of facts and evidence. I even remember closing the window because I was so disgusted. Thinking about it, I decided I had to reopen the page and watched the whole video. That is what sparked my investigation of religion so there you go, the real story.

So there you go fuckwad, a factual instance where your entire "serious" argument is disproved. Still think that's nonsensical dribble you pretentious wanker?

28-07-2013, 06:09 AM
^ Kids. Dodgy

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Don't you know that the famous "fuckwad defense" has been declared legitimate debate tactics again ?
28-07-2013, 11:34 AM
(28-07-2013 07:17 AM)morondog Wrote:  Don't you know that the famous "fuckwad defense" has been declared legitimate debate tactics again ?

When someone tells you their opinion is a fact and tries to shove their opinion on you is when everything gets declared legitimate. Don't you remember Hichens telling people they were idiots and versions of "fuckwad" in interviews and question times after debates? good times

28-07-2013, 03:01 PM
(28-07-2013 11:34 AM)elegant_atheist Wrote:  Don't you remember Hichens telling people they were idiots and versions of "fuckwad" in interviews and question times after debates? good times

Well I don't Tongue 'Cos oddly enough my internet connection used to suck so badly that I never got around to watching videos *at all* on the net. Text based communication baby... Now it only sucks moderately most of the time and really badly at odd moments, enough that movies are still annoying... so ya... no Tongue One of few here who has never watched the Hitch... *or* read any of his works. But I like quite a lot of his quotes... and I duly bow my head in prayer at the mention of his name... And I know what his face looks like. And I think I'd quite like to buy a commemorative mug... Tongue If it wasn't too expensive...