The American Dream, Don't worry about it.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-11-2011, 09:49 PM (This post was last modified: 02-11-2011 09:52 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
The American Dream, Don't worry about it.
Are you a college student concerned about your future?

You are probably an XYZ Major. So,
Don't worry about it, just play Halo3. And after you flunk out...meh,
Don't worry about it, just get a job at Wal-Mart. And when you stop and think, damn this sucks,
Don't worry about it, a Bachelors in XYZ is worthless in today's job economy anyways, and you would have ended up working at wal-mart regardless. And when that promotion opportunity rolls up,
Don't worry about it, because by dropping out you were able to get more experience than those people with degrees. And when you lose out on that promotion,
Don't worry about it, the college boy needs the extra income just to pay off his loans. Heck, he lived on saltines and ramen noodles for the past six months. And when the bosses cousin takes the next promotion, despite the fact he worked there for 2 months,
Don't worry about it, there is always next time. And 20 years from now when you are still bagging groceries and pumping gas,
Don't worry about it, this is the good old U S of A, and I am sure the American Dream can come true for you.....as long as you are asleep.

Ahhh America!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like mysticjbyrd's post
03-11-2011, 12:45 AM
RE: The American Dream, Don't worry about it.
(02-11-2011 09:49 PM)mysticjbyrd Wrote:  Are you a college student concerned about your future?

You are probably an XYZ Major. So,
Don't worry about it, just play Halo3. And after you flunk out...meh,
Don't worry about it, just get a job at Wal-Mart. And when you stop and think, damn this sucks,
Don't worry about it, a Bachelors in XYZ is worthless in today's job economy anyways, and you would have ended up working at wal-mart regardless. And when that promotion opportunity rolls up,
Don't worry about it, because by dropping out you were able to get more experience than those people with degrees. And when you lose out on that promotion,
Don't worry about it, the college boy needs the extra income just to pay off his loans. Heck, he lived on saltines and ramen noodles for the past six months. And when the bosses cousin takes the next promotion, despite the fact he worked there for 2 months,
Don't worry about it, there is always next time. And 20 years from now when you are still bagging groceries and pumping gas,
Don't worry about it, this is the good old U S of A, and I am sure the American Dream can come true for you.....as long as you are asleep.

Ahhh America!

Dream! Sounds more like a nightmare!

We don't have Walmart here but the same strong, divisive, crippling,capitalistic system is thriving. As for those 20 years some of the fundies are tipping the big end
21/12/12

Maybe someone will form a new party?? Dumb answer, but what else?Huh
03-11-2011, 01:58 AM
Don't worry about it, I'm an American Dreamer - I will fix this stuff good as new. Cool

(and hey, I used to be "prophet of god" but end date of 2021 no longer applies 'cause I already fixed shit - there it is there. Tongue)

[Image: 10289811_592837817482059_8815379025397103823_n.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
03-11-2011, 07:16 AM
You Americans and your...stuff.
Is that American dream of yours even attainable anymore?

NEW AND IMPROVED!
Twice the anger, Half the space!
[+] 1 user Likes Hamata k's post
03-11-2011, 04:31 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 04:54 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
(03-11-2011 07:16 AM)Hamata k Wrote:  You Americans and your...stuff.
Is that American dream of yours even attainable anymore?
I was referencing a quote from the American comedian George Carlin,
"It is called the American Dream, because you have to be asleep to believe it."

Not unless you get lucky an win the large lottery.
Then again, I think something like 2/3 of the people who win the lottery file for bankruptcy within 5 years. They just do not know how to manage a surplus of money, because most have never had a surplus.
Quote:We don't have Walmart here but the same strong, divisive, crippling,capitalistic system is thriving. As for those 20 years some of the fundies are tipping the big end 21/12/12

Maybe someone will form a new party?? Dumb answer, but what else?Huh
yah that would be nice n the US as well, but alas that seems less likely than winning the lottery.

The Republicans are trying to sell off the country to the corps as fast as possible(They have already done a good job at it).
And the Democrats have some good ideas, but they just seem incompetent.
03-11-2011, 04:48 PM
I have no idea what the republicans who act like our nations history started in 1950 think the American Dream even is...

Since Ben Franklin is often attributed as the first man to achieve it, I always thought it was the dream to be able to walk into Philadelphia with nothing but a few coins in your pockets and getting a bunch of French harlots to bang.

That seems like it still would be pretty achievable.
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
03-11-2011, 05:20 PM
(03-11-2011 01:58 AM)houseofcantor Wrote:  Don't worry about it, I'm an American Dreamer - I will fix this stuff good as new. Cool

(and hey, I used to be "prophet of god" but end date of 2021 no longer applies 'cause I already fixed shit - there it is there. Tongue)

Really need a Goddess to keep up with you. Sandra Bullock maybe?Rolleyes
03-11-2011, 08:52 PM (This post was last modified: 03-11-2011 09:03 PM by mysticjbyrd.)
George Carlin

This stuff would be funny, if it weren't true.
[+] 1 user Likes mysticjbyrd's post
04-11-2011, 03:58 PM
~1:10 in the first video: They better try to remove/control the internet because it is shaping up to be the greatest source of information and sharing information ever invented by humans.

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forego their use." - Galileo

"Every man is guilty of all the good he did not do." - Voltaire
[+] 1 user Likes daemonowner's post
05-11-2011, 03:00 AM
There is only one guy who truly understood The American Dream and lived it to the full...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BmylCJhL-5Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elIZlTfmtbU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJS2brfHQ...533549FFE5

[Image: a6505fe8.jpg]
I have a theory that the truth is never told during the nine-to-five hours.
-Hunter S. Thompson