The Antichrist Next Door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
16-04-2015, 10:48 AM
RE: The Antichrist Next Door
Quote:something I pray will not happen

Don't worry about it. Its bullshit like the rest of jesusism.

Atheism is NOT a Religion. It's A Personal Relationship With Reality!
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
16-04-2015, 11:12 AM
(16-04-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Anti = either opposed against or in replacement of - AM is ante-meridian - the day opposes night and also replaces the darkness with light.

Jesus said either you are for Him or opposed to Him. Against Him in Greek would be anti-Christ.

There is also a singular person, an Antichrist, if you will, prophesied in scripture. No, I don't think it's Barack Obama or Putin. But when he arrives there will be Armageddon, something I pray will not happen--but something which ushers the Return of Christ. Christ replaces the Antichrist. Cool semi-tautology, huh?

I know what the prefix anti means you bonehead. So really, why would you pray for the ushering in of the end times to not occur when it is something that is in scripture for god to do? If you don't want it to happen then just stop pretending to convince yourself it will - easy as that. Why don't you want your perfect hero to return to earth?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
16-04-2015, 12:48 PM
(16-04-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Anti = either opposed against or in replacement of - AM is ante-meridian - the day opposes night and also replaces the darkness with light.

ROTFL

The prefix "anti" means against, the prefix "ante" means before. AM translates to 'before the meridian' or 'before noon' just like PM is 'post meridian' or, literally, 'after noon'.

Atheism: it's not just for communists any more!
America July 4 1776 - November 8 2016 RIP
[+] 2 users Like unfogged's post
17-04-2015, 10:53 AM
(16-04-2015 12:48 PM)unfogged Wrote:  

ROTFL

The prefix "anti" means against, the prefix "ante" means before. AM translates to 'before the meridian' or 'before noon' just like PM is 'post meridian' or, literally, 'after noon'.

D'oh! I agree! There goes a year of ancient Greek. Anti, not ante, means "against" or "replacing". Sorry for the wrong analogy.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
17-04-2015, 10:55 AM
(16-04-2015 10:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 10:07 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  But when he arrives there will be Armageddon, something I pray will not happen--but something which ushers the Return of Christ.

Why are you asking God not to do His will? A bit presumptious of you don’t you think?

If God wants the Antichrist to cause Armageddon who are you to ask Him to change His plans?

No doubt God has a much larger plan where Armageddon fits in that you couldn’t possibly know since you aren’t God.

Or are you equating yourself on the same level as God? Isn’t this blasphemy? Last guy who did this ended up in Hell if I remember correctly. You might want to reconsider that prayer.

Just trying to help. AngelEvil_monster

The precedent is the story of Jonah. God said He would demolish Nineveh, the inhabitants heard the prophecy, and God relented.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
17-04-2015, 11:04 AM

No. Just no.

"Ante" means before. AM is before the sun crosses the meridian.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-04-2015, 11:06 AM
(17-04-2015 10:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 12:48 PM)unfogged Wrote:  ROTFL

D'oh! I agree! There goes a year of ancient Greek. Anti, not ante, means "against" or "replacing". Sorry for the wrong analogy.

"Ante" is Latin.

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
17-04-2015, 11:08 AM
(17-04-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 10:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  D'oh! I agree! There goes a year of ancient Greek. Anti, not ante, means "against" or "replacing". Sorry for the wrong analogy.

"Ante" is Latin.

So much fail. Facepalm

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
17-04-2015, 11:09 AM
(17-04-2015 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(16-04-2015 10:20 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Why are you asking God not to do His will? A bit presumptious of you don’t you think?

If God wants the Antichrist to cause Armageddon who are you to ask Him to change His plans?

No doubt God has a much larger plan where Armageddon fits in that you couldn’t possibly know since you aren’t God.

Or are you equating yourself on the same level as God? Isn’t this blasphemy? Last guy who did this ended up in Hell if I remember correctly. You might want to reconsider that prayer.

Just trying to help. AngelEvil_monster

The precedent is the story of Jonah. God said He would demolish Nineveh, the inhabitants heard the prophecy, and God relented.

So does He have a preordained plan or not?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-04-2015, 01:01 PM
(17-04-2015 11:06 AM)Chas Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 10:53 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  D'oh! I agree! There goes a year of ancient Greek. Anti, not ante, means "against" or "replacing". Sorry for the wrong analogy.

"Ante" is Latin.

Yes, I forgot it was ante-meridian and thought it was anti-meridian for AM. Sorry about that.