The Antichrist Next Door

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-04-2015, 01:02 PM
RE: The Antichrist Next Door
(17-04-2015 11:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 10:55 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The precedent is the story of Jonah. God said He would demolish Nineveh, the inhabitants heard the prophecy, and God relented.

So does He have a preordained plan or not?

The same kind of preordained plan I have when I tell you "come over for two beers with just me" but I'm throwing you a surprise birthday party. If I do so, are you going to get in my face and say, "Are we drinking beer alone or not, man? What is your real, hidden plan here?"

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
17-04-2015, 01:56 PM
(17-04-2015 01:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 11:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  So does He have a preordained plan or not?

The same kind of preordained plan I have when I tell you "come over for two beers with just me" but I'm throwing you a surprise birthday party. If I do so, are you going to get in my face and say, "Are we drinking beer alone or not, man? What is your real, hidden plan here?"

Then it's not really a pecedent since the description in the bible is wrong (are we shocked the bible got something wrong?). God didn't "relent", he was never going through with it in the first place. He was just kidding around with all that, lying in fact since he never intended to do anything to the place.
Find all posts by this user
17-04-2015, 02:13 PM
(17-04-2015 11:09 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  So does He have a preordained plan or not?

Sorry but that just made my head hurt, what you just wrote is senseless.

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
17-04-2015, 02:23 PM

Dude, why can't questions be answered with a yes or no? Is it that difficult? I swear you are either some flake screwing with us, or a permanent resident in some institution that was given a laptop for good behavior, while ordered to not drool on the keyboard.

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
17-04-2015, 03:59 PM
The whole positive, negative, Armageddon thing sounds a bit too much like matter, anti-matter reactions.

Insanity - doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results
20-04-2015, 10:28 AM
(17-04-2015 02:23 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 01:02 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  The same kind of preordained plan I have when I tell you "come over for two beers with just me" but I'm throwing you a surprise birthday party. If I do so, are you going to get in my face and say, "Are we drinking beer alone or not, man? What is your real, hidden plan here?"

Dude, why can't questions be answered with a yes or no? Is it that difficult? I swear you are either some flake screwing with us, or a permanent resident in some institution that was given a laptop for good behavior, while ordered to not drool on the keyboard.

Yes, He has a preordained plan. Yes, like any good parent or teacher demonstrating an object lesson he allows us to move within his plan and flex our ideas and concepts.

I'm told atheists on forums like TTA are bitter and angry. If you are not, your posts to me will be respectful, insightful and thoughtful. Prove me wrong by your adherence to decent behavior.
20-04-2015, 11:12 AM
(20-04-2015 10:28 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  
(17-04-2015 02:23 PM)Timber1025 Wrote:  Dude, why can't questions be answered with a yes or no? Is it that difficult? I swear you are either some flake screwing with us, or a permanent resident in some institution that was given a laptop for good behavior, while ordered to not drool on the keyboard.

Yes, He has a preordained plan. Yes, like any good parent or teacher demonstrating an object lesson he allows us to move within his plan and flex our ideas and concepts.

Thank you - now how do you know this to be the case? Are you and god one in the same? In your imagination maybe?

“Truth does not demand belief. Scientists do not join hands every Sunday, singing, yes, gravity is real! I will have faith! I will be strong! I believe in my heart that what goes up, up, up, must come down, down, down. Amen! If they did, we would think they were pretty insecure about it.”
— Dan Barker —
[+] 1 user Likes Timber1025's post
21-04-2015, 02:25 PM
(20-04-2015 11:12 AM)Timber1025 Wrote:  
(20-04-2015 10:28 AM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  Yes, He has a preordained plan. Yes, like any good parent or teacher demonstrating an object lesson he allows us to move within his plan and flex our ideas and concepts.

Thank you - now how do you know this to be the case? Are you and god one in the same? In your imagination maybe?

I sin and make errors, however, biblically speaking there is zero separation between me and God. I know God's mind on the major issues via scripture--this is also a scriptural principle.

This doctrine of mine reconciles God's own free will with his plans and provisions for each of us. Yes, each of us.