The Apocalypse is an on-going, slow-moving affair

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
06-12-2012, 06:58 PM (This post was last modified: 06-12-2012 08:01 PM by Janus.)
The Apocalypse is an on-going, slow-moving affair
...but apparently unstoppable...

You can't trust anybody anymore. Now the UN has slyly endorsed digital Big Brother too:
Quote:"The telecommunications standards arm of the U.N. has quietly endorsed the standardization of technologies that could give governments and companies the ability to sift through all of an Internet user's traffic -- including emails, banking transactions, and voice calls -- without adequate privacy safeguards. The move suggests that some governments hope for a world where even encrypted communications may not be safe from prying eyes."

http://www.techdirt.com/articles/2012120...ons.shtml/

How undemocratic can you get?

The world IS going to hell in a handbasket! Our right to digital privacy has apparently just been sold down the river at the highest gremium (and at the lowest price!).

Browsing by proxy and using encryption for potentially sensitive file transfers never was more important!

Enter Orwell's Thought Police.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
07-12-2012, 03:25 PM
RE: The Apocalypse is an on-going, slow-moving affair
And living is a slow form of suicide. I'm not sure how that relates to the corruption and authoritarian nature of certain governments.

Note on personal observation of this topic- I understand that in the US there is or will be an expansion on a data collection centre. It's passive in nature in that it doesn't target specific people, and sift through all their information right then and there. It collects all data information automatically, and stores it by ID. The reason for this is that when any (key word is any, as in, indiscriminate) person becomes of interest at a later date, the persons history could be called up, and then sifted through for any material that could be usefully to those that have the ability to call up the data.

Now, if a person reading this sees nothing wrong with something like this, or feels a need to justify it, there is something wrong with you. Just think of the motivations, consequences, and how it may apply to you. Just think hard about it, is all I can say.
07-12-2012, 06:17 PM
(07-12-2012 03:25 PM)poolboyg88 Wrote:  And living is a slow form of suicide. I'm not sure how that relates to the corruption and authoritarian nature of certain governments.

Note on personal observation of this topic- I understand that in the US there is or will be an expansion on a data collection centre. It's passive in nature in that it doesn't target specific people, and sift through all their information right then and there. It collects all data information automatically, and stores it by ID. The reason for this is that when any (key word is any, as in, indiscriminate) person becomes of interest at a later date, the persons history could be called up, and then sifted through for any material that could be usefully to those that have the ability to call up the data.

Now, if a person reading this sees nothing wrong with something like this, or feels a need to justify it, there is something wrong with you. Just think of the motivations, consequences, and how it may apply to you. Just think hard about it, is all I can say.

It seems that everybody has forgotten that it was registration – data collection and storage – that enabled the efficient rounding up and killing of 6 million Jews on an industrial scale in WWII.
07-12-2012, 06:48 PM
annnnd bump.

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
[Image: 10h27hu.jpg]
07-12-2012, 07:03 PM
Why Muffs, why?

It almost seemed like you were trying to put something of intellectual content on the Political sections front for once.

The people closely associated with the namesake of female canines are suffering from a nondescript form of lunacy.
07-12-2012, 07:04 PM
(07-12-2012 07:03 PM)Free Thought Wrote:  Why Muffs, why?

It almost seemed like you were trying to put something of intellectual content on the Political sections front for once.
Drinking Beverage

I don't talk gay, I don't walk gay, it's like people don't even know I'm gay unless I'm blowing them.
07-12-2012, 07:18 PM
muffs has an agenda Tongue

[Image: sigvacachica.png]
[+] 1 user Likes nach_in's post
07-12-2012, 07:23 PM
I always have an agenda.

I also have a serious hunger for some crisps right now..
I'm gonna go get some crisps. Might go to the new grocery store that just opened down the road.

07-12-2012, 09:11 PM

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cloud_computing

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.
07-12-2012, 09:31 PM
http://www.globalresearch.ca/orwellian-e...et/5314422

Quote:Members of the United Nation’s International Telecommunications Union (ITU) have agreed to work towards implementing a standard for the Internet that would allow for eavesdropping on a worldwide scale. At a conference in Dubai this week, the ITU members decided to adopt the Y.2770 standard for deep packet inspection, a top-secret proposal by way of China that will allow telecom companies across the world to more easily dig through data passed across the Web.

According to the UN, implementing deep-packet inspection, or DPI, on such a global scale will allow authorities to more easily detect the transferring and sharing of copyrighted materials and other protected files by finding a way for administrators to analyze the payload of online transmissions, not just the header data that is normally identified and interpreted.

For no matter how much I use these symbols, to describe symptoms of my existence.
You are your own emphasis.
So I say nothing.

-Bemore.