The Apology.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
13-11-2013, 06:20 PM
RE: The Apology.
Well hell, I'm the only one willing to admit I'm still on Muff's side on this? That apology was shit. I don't care for homophobes and I still think Woof is a homophobe.

No need for me to update his rating to indicate it, but I gives no fucks if Muffs does it every week. There are people in this world who get a lot worse than that for being born something that someone else doesn't like.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Regular_Joe's post
13-11-2013, 06:28 PM
(13-11-2013 06:20 PM)Regular_Joe Wrote:  Well hell, I'm the only one willing to admit I'm still on Muff's side on this? That apology was shit. I don't care for homophobes and I still think Woof is a homophobe.

No need for me to update his rating to indicate it, but I gives no fucks if Muffs does it every week. There are people in this world who get a lot worse than that for being born something that someone else doesn't like.

I agree with Anjele when it comes to the apology coming off as a bit passive aggressive. I'm not taking sides at all, for the fact that I'm sort of neutral on understanding both sides. In the past, I've seen Woofs make better attempts at trying to make amends with Muffs. I think Woofs has changed, but I sort of understand where Muffs stands too. I can stand in his shoes just enough to understand why he's so stubborn and bitter.

But alas, this is not my battle field.

I think the whole situation needs to be dropped completely. Then we could all just be acquainted and okay and neutral and cool.

Shy
[+] 1 user Likes Ferdinand's post
13-11-2013, 06:36 PM
I think Muffs is obsessively vindictive. Not a good trait. A dangerous trait.

Mr. Woof's apology was not an apology either.

You two need to go away and talk in private. This does not belong here at all.

[Image: dobie.png]

Science is the process we've designed to be responsible for generating our best guess as to what the fuck is going on. Girly Man
[+] 2 users Like Dom's post
13-11-2013, 06:38 PM
Lolz. Tongue

Buncha poopyheads. Big Grin

[Image: klingon_zps7e68578a.jpg]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 10 users Like houseofcantor's post
13-11-2013, 07:33 PM
(13-11-2013 06:36 PM)Dom Wrote:  I think Muffs is obsessively vindictive. Not a good trait. A dangerous trait.

Mr. Woof's apology was not an apology either.

You two need to go away and talk in private. This does not belong here at all.

Or maybe Moderators could moderate. Consider

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
13-11-2013, 07:59 PM
WHOA NOW.

NOW WATCH THIS.

GOOD.

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
13-11-2013, 08:25 PM
It's sorta normal for older people to still have these sort of views. I'm not hating Woof for having them, though. He's entitled to his opinion, but if he posts it people [including myself] will call him out on it.

Bury me with my guns on, so when I reach the other side - I can show him what it feels like to die.
Bury me with my guns on, so when I'm cast out of the sky, I can shoot the devil right between the eyes.
[+] 2 users Like Question's post
13-11-2013, 08:52 PM
(13-11-2013 08:25 PM)Question Wrote:  It's sorta normal for older people to still have these sort of views. I'm not hating Woof for having them, though. He's entitled to his opinion, but if he posts it people [including myself] will call him out on it.

It seems quite often that there are things that each generation is stubborn and potentially narrow minded about that the next generation is not bothered by. My dad doesn't think he's racist, but he still says racist things that I find appalling at times. He claims he doesn't hate gay people, but then says the world is better off without them.

I'm sure there is something my generation is stubborn about that we don't think we are stubborn about and something that our kids someday will say, "Dad, you're being an asshole about this." I only hope at that point, that I'm open enough to look at it, take a step back and go, "Yeah, you know what? You're right. I am being a dick about this."

Then again they say as time goes on that it becomes more difficult to adopt and be open to different ways of thinking. Cognitive dissonance at that point, as well as confirmation bias is VERY hard to let go of. This is why it's generally easier for the younger people to convert and de-convert than it is for someone who has only known one way of thinking their entire life.Thumbsup

Official ordained minister of the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster. Please pm me with prayer requests to his noodly goodness. Remember, he boiled for your sins and loves you. Carbo Diem! RAmen.
[+] 3 users Like Logisch's post
15-11-2013, 02:02 PM (This post was last modified: 15-11-2013 05:27 PM by Adrianime.)
Hmm, well I am new here and completely without knowledge of the original conflict, but at first glance it appears that muffs should stop perpetuating the situation, or both parties should not engage each other.

I don't think pouring hatred or negativity into a person who has an opposing point of view solves anything. You do your best to speak to their point of view, try to understand it, and then see if they can understand yours. If they can't, then obviously you two people are incompatible and should either not speak of that subject to each other, or not speak at all. It would be like me hating racists because I'm black. I don't hate racists (and I've encountered a few), I think they were raised incorrectly and have incorrect ideas. If I was able to have a civilized conversation with them regarding WHY they had their point of view and WHY I think their point of view is wrong then I'd love that. However I think if I spent my time and energy promoting hate...nothing would get solved, and hell I would feel worse personally for puting myself in that state as well.

Anyways, as somebody who has been harassed for having an opposing point of view, I tend to side with Mr. Woof here. Whether or not he is genuinely sorry for his previous statements is not incredibly important, unless you are trying to be besties with him or something. The fact that he is apologizing at all shows that he wants to move past this, and why not do just that?

I guess over all I'm trying to say, combat that IDEA, combat the point of view. Don't personally attack people who hold that point of view. That's the type of bloodlust that leads to wars IMO. It's that type of mentality that actually scares me.
[+] 2 users Like Adrianime's post
15-11-2013, 07:29 PM
Quote:Hmm, well I am new here and completely without knowledge of the original conflict blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.