The Appendix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
17-08-2015, 11:10 PM
RE: The Appendix
(17-08-2015 10:40 PM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  We lack the range of senses available to other creatures, such as the visual acuity of predatory birds, the sense of smell of most other canines, or any way to detect otherwise invisible lethal gasses such as Radon and Carbon Monoxide (which common housefly's can do).

I want the Pit Vipers' (and some other snakes) "crotaline pit" infrared sensors, accurate to 1/1000th of a degree C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Infrared_s..._in_snakes

http://www.nature.com/news/2010/100314/f...0.122.html

Too much awesomeness!

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes RocketSurgeon76's post
17-08-2015, 11:30 PM
As far as heightened biological systems that benefit a species go, I'd be good with an advanced sense of empathy for starters. We've scratched the surface, but still have a long row to hoe. It's painfully obvious that we're just animals in the grand scheme of things, and behave as such. Not that there's anything wrong with that.... Drinking Beverage

But now I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.

~ Umberto Eco
[+] 1 user Likes evenheathen's post
18-08-2015, 12:04 AM
(17-08-2015 10:52 PM)ClydeLee Wrote:  How about those sensitive external reproductive producing organs that need to be cooler than the regular body temperature.

Testicles: So important, massive sentient robots need them too.

[Image: latest?cb=20091021163439]

Also, fuck Michael Bay.

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-08-2015, 12:05 AM
What's with all this negativity?

Are you forgetting that the almighty designer created ... boobs!

On balance, I'd say there's more in the plus column.

Drinking Beverage

[+] 5 users Like DLJ's post
18-08-2015, 12:22 AM
(18-08-2015 12:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  What's with all this negativity?

[Image: gifs_give_bouncing_boobs_some_extra_oomp...;amp;h=299]

Thumbsup

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
[+] 2 users Like EvolutionKills's post
18-08-2015, 05:22 AM
(18-08-2015 12:05 AM)DLJ Wrote:  What's with all this negativity?

On balance, I'd say there's more in the plus column.

Drinking Beverage

Yep, He created boobs, knowing He'd also created gravity. God really is a sick bastard.
[+] 8 users Like julep's post
18-08-2015, 06:24 AM
(17-08-2015 02:56 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  god's finest hour in intelligent design?? Laugh out load

It's only test of faith - if human body were perfect then how those godless atheists could try to shake your faith in god? Appendix (and couple of other things) solve the problem Wink

The first revolt is against the supreme tyranny of theology, of the phantom of God. As long as we have a master in heaven, we will be slaves on earth.

Mikhail Bakunin.
[+] 1 user Likes Szuchow's post
18-08-2015, 06:43 AM
If you want to find some inconsistencies in the intelligent design hypothesis, red "Sex at Dawn." Appendix got nothing on human reproductive/mating instincts Tongue

'Murican Canadian
[+] 1 user Likes yakherder's post
18-08-2015, 06:44 AM
The appendix had a function once, in digestion, for the types of food humans used to eat. It probably has a poorly understood immunological function still. Just sayin'.

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
18-08-2015, 07:48 AM
I'm not too fond of my skin burning after just 15 minutes in the sun without sunscreen.. And "too much" sun gives you cancer. "Too little" sun and ya get all depressed and it suppresses your immune system to some extent.

Nor am I fond of the fact that skin wrinkles and develops cellulite - granted that's more about aesthetics. If we're made in his image and he's super fucking old cause he's been here for forever and shit, he must be one helluva wrinkly old bastard with giant blackheads on his back, a dimply ass and thunder thighs with varicose veins. All those eyes on the seraphim - just blackheads from being old and not taking care of their pores cause they were too busy singing hallelujah to an old man and didn't want to make him feel bad about his own wrinkly self.

Also - what sick bastard would create a uterus requiring the menstrual cycle. I really enjoy feeling like I've been kicked in the crotch, have an aching back, bloating, emotions that make you batshit crazy - the don't you dare fucking call me crazy or suggest it's "just that time of the month" if you want to keep your balls kind of crazy , and have to worry about possibly staining my pants. It's fucking gross. You feel like absolute shit and then you're not supposed to even talk about it.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
[+] 6 users Like Nurse's post