The Appendix

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
24-08-2015, 11:15 AM
RE: The Appendix
(24-08-2015 03:53 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  *And by the way, the percentage of people that don't end up with appendicitis is 1/3 to 1/2, indicating that the percentage of people who do get appendicitis is 1/2 to 2/3. If the transmission failed on 2 out of every 3 cars I owned, I would be livid. Fortunately that's not the case

*[3] Graffeo, CS; Counselman, FL (November 1996). "Appendicitis.". Emergency medicine clinics of North America 14 (4): 653–71. doi:10.1016/s0733-8627(05)70273-x. PMID 8921763

I find this very hard to believe. I don't know a single person who has had appendicitis, and since I'm 60, that includes a lot of old people. I know lots of people who have had cancer, but no appendicitis.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
24-08-2015, 12:27 PM
(24-08-2015 03:53 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  So you are saying that gawd created the sun, moon and stars with careful attention to detail, then got us and said "meh, fuck it. I don't feel like putting any effort into this"? If there was a gawd, you have just insulted him.

I'm not saying that. I think in order to continue this conversation you need to understand what emergent complexity is and to be honest, right now I just don't feel like putting in any effort into educating you on the matter.

You're a smart fellow. Do some research on emergent complexity yourself. It is fairly new field of science. You'd probably find it interesting.
24-08-2015, 12:30 PM
(24-08-2015 12:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 03:53 AM)Octapulse Wrote:  So you are saying that gawd created the sun, moon and stars with careful attention to detail, then got us and said "meh, fuck it. I don't feel like putting any effort into this"? If there was a gawd, you have just insulted him.

I'm not saying that. I think in order to continue this conversation you need to understand what emergent complexity is and to be honest, right now I just don't feel like putting in any effort into educating you on the matter.

You're a smart fellow. Do some research on emergent complexity yourself. It is fairly new field of science. You'd probably find it interesting.

I know someone was asking you for an explanation of it on another thread. I will look into it when I get a chance. I am currently wading through the Quantum Physics I MIT course at the moment and have a lot to digest. But I will definitely check it out

(22-08-2015 07:30 PM)Revenant77x Wrote:  It is by will alone I set my brows in motion it is by the conditioner of avocado that the brows acquire volume the skin acquires spots the spots become a warning. It is by will alone I set my brows in motion.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
25-08-2015, 12:08 PM
(24-08-2015 12:30 PM)Octapulse Wrote:  
(24-08-2015 12:27 PM)Heywood Jahblome Wrote:  I'm not saying that. I think in order to continue this conversation you need to understand what emergent complexity is and to be honest, right now I just don't feel like putting in any effort into educating you on the matter.

I know someone was asking you for an explanation of it on another thread. I will look into it when I get a chance. I am currently wading through the Quantum Physics I MIT course at the moment and have a lot to digest. But I will definitely check it out

Here is 12 minute video on the subject that is catered to the general public.

[+] 1 user Likes Heywood Jahblome's post