The Ark Encounter Park opens in July

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-04-2016, 06:04 AM
RE: The Ark Encounter Park opens in July
(14-04-2016 04:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Mark your calendars, July 7, 2016! I can’t wait. Rolleyes

Notice the use of Tyvek moisure wrapping, metal angles, cranes etc...just like in the original story. Laugh out load

https://arkencounter.com

Ark Tickets
40 Days and 40 Nights: Referencing the number of days and nights it rained during the Flood, Ark Encounter will be open for the first 40 days (9 a.m.–4 p.m.) and 40 nights (5 p.m.–Midnight) starting July 7, before starting daytime-only hours on August 16.

ARK TICKETS ARK + MUSEUM COMBO*
Adult $40 $60
Senior (age 60+) $31 $45
Children (ages 5–12) $28 $34
Children (under age 5) FREE FREE

These people have somehow raised $30,000,000 to build this thing. Gasp

Ah, so Ken Ham finally got the darn thing built.....they had some struggles early on.

That's a little bit of a flight from where I am but I might make a weekend out of it sometime this summer.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2016, 06:07 AM (This post was last modified: 15-04-2016 08:31 AM by Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver.)
(14-04-2016 04:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Mark your calendars, July 7, 2016! I can’t wait. Rolleyes

Notice the use of Tyvek moisure wrapping, metal angles, cranes etc...just like in the original story. Laugh out load

https://arkencounter.com

Ark Tickets
40 Days and 40 Nights: Referencing the number of days and nights it rained during the Flood, Ark Encounter will be open for the first 40 days (9 a.m.–4 p.m.) and 40 nights (5 p.m.–Midnight) starting July 7, before starting daytime-only hours on August 16.

ARK TICKETS ARK + MUSEUM COMBO*
Adult $40 $60
Senior (age 60+) $31 $45
Children (ages 5–12) $28 $34
Children (under age 5) FREE FREE

These people have somehow raised $30,000,000 to build this thing. Gasp

Ah, so Ken Ham finally got the darn thing built.....they had some struggles early on. Gopherwood's not cheap or readily available....

I wonder how Ham solves all the engineering and logistics challenges associated with this story.

That's a little bit of a flight from where I am but I might make a weekend out of it sometime this summer.

"IN THRUST WE TRUST"

"We were conservative Jews and that meant we obeyed God's Commandments until His rules became a royal pain in the ass."

- Joel Chastnoff, The 188th Crybaby Brigade
15-04-2016, 06:42 AM
I'm sure my father-in-law has every intention of taking his kids to it this summer. Brainwash them all!

Being nice is something stupid people do to hedge their bets
-Rick
15-04-2016, 07:14 AM
(15-04-2016 06:04 AM)Carlo_The_Bugsmasher_Driver Wrote:  Ah, so Ken Ham finally got the darn thing built.....they had some struggles early on.

If you do go don’t forget to wear one of these, you don’t want to get infected.

[Image: Hazmat_suit_c1918.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 3 users Like Full Circle's post
15-04-2016, 08:27 AM
(14-04-2016 04:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [...] These people have somehow raised $30,000,000 to build this thing.

Meanwhile, in sub-Saharan Africa today, an estimated 6,500 babies and children died as a result of malnutrition and preventable diseases. Today's all-up cost for vaccinating a baby in Africa is US$39. Compare this with the religious zealots who're more than happy to pay US$40 to visit a fairy-tale theme park that should rightly be located in Disneyland—alongside Peter Pan's Flight in the Magic Kingdom.

The average Christian's sense of ethical and moral imperatives is breathtakingly shameful.

Censored

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 4 users Like SYZ's post
15-04-2016, 08:56 AM
(15-04-2016 08:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  
(14-04-2016 04:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  [...] These people have somehow raised $30,000,000 to build this thing.

Meanwhile, in sub-Saharan Africa today, an estimated 6,500 babies and children died as a result of malnutrition and preventable diseases. Today's all-up cost for vaccinating a baby in Africa is US$39. Compare this with the religious zealots who're more than happy to pay US$40 to visit a fairy-tale theme park that should rightly be located in Disneyland—alongside Peter Pan's Flight in the Magic Kingdom.

The average Christian's sense of ethical and moral imperatives is breathtakingly shameful.

Censored

This info would make a great billboard on the roads leading up to the Ark Park! Wouldn’t it be something if the TTA forum raised money to put one up for a month or two? And then double it and send that amount to Doctors Without Borders?

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 4 users Like Full Circle's post
15-04-2016, 09:31 AM
Just southwest of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA. About five hours by car from here.

[Starts saving up bail money.]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
15-04-2016, 10:06 AM
(15-04-2016 08:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 08:27 AM)SYZ Wrote:  Meanwhile, in sub-Saharan Africa today, an estimated 6,500 babies and children died as a result of malnutrition and preventable diseases. Today's all-up cost for vaccinating a baby in Africa is US$39. Compare this with the religious zealots who're more than happy to pay US$40 to visit a fairy-tale theme park that should rightly be located in Disneyland—alongside Peter Pan's Flight in the Magic Kingdom.

Censored

This info would make a great billboard on the roads leading up to the Ark Park! Wouldn’t it be something if the TTA forum raised money to put one up for a month or two? And then double it and send that amount to Doctors Without Borders?

Perhaps something more succinct such as this:

“For the price of admission to the Ark you could save one child from starvation and innoculate them against preventable diseases. WWJD?”

Big Grin

[+] 5 users Like Full Circle's post
15-04-2016, 10:43 AM
(15-04-2016 10:06 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 08:56 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  This info would make a great billboard on the roads leading up to the Ark Park! Wouldn’t it be something if the TTA forum raised money to put one up for a month or two? And then double it and send that amount to Doctors Without Borders?

Perhaps something more succinct such as this:

“For the price of admission to the Ark you could save one child from starvation and innoculate them against preventable diseases. WWJD?”

Big Grin

These are people with 82" TVs for watching sports. They have four cars. They don't give a damn about some third world kids.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
15-04-2016, 10:51 AM
(15-04-2016 10:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 10:06 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  Perhaps something more succinct such as this:

Big Grin

These are people with 82" TVs for watching sports. They have four cars. They don't give a damn about some third world kids.

But maybe the message will rattle around in their heads and they’ll feel guilty the entire time they’re at the park. Yes