The Ark Encounter Park opens in July

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-04-2016, 12:22 PM
RE: The Ark Encounter Park opens in July
Another monument to superstition, awesome.

Statues to the Egyptian gods of antiquity, and statues of Buddha and buildings for Allah or Yahweh or any religion, should be kept around, not because any god is real or any one religion is a cure for humanity, but it is still art and still part of our species history. But Ken isn't a historian trying to protect antiquity, he is a salesman. The difference between him and P.T. Barnum or for that matter, Penn and Teller, is Ken knows he is selling crap and lies about it. Ken is a used car salesmen, and not even a honest stage act. He is profiting off the gullibility of others.

The honest performer doesn't lie to you about the illusion they are creating.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Brian37's post
15-04-2016, 12:58 PM
I want to see a large group of atheists go and mock the crap out of it.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
15-04-2016, 01:26 PM
(15-04-2016 12:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I want to see a large group of atheists go and mock the crap out of it.

We don't need mass in person protest, religion dies on the internet already.

Poetry by Brian37(poems by an atheist) Also on Facebook as BrianJames Rational Poet and Twitter Brianrrs37
15-04-2016, 01:26 PM
(15-04-2016 10:51 AM)Full Circle Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 10:43 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  These are people with 82" TVs for watching sports. They have four cars. They don't give a damn about some third world kids.

But maybe the message will rattle around in their heads and they’ll feel guilty the entire time they’re at the park. Yes

They've already had the chance to feel guilty for being bigots, pigs, and plain old beasts, so I doubt they'll be benefiting from the opportunities presented them.
15-04-2016, 01:31 PM
(15-04-2016 01:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 12:58 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I want to see a large group of atheists go and mock the crap out of it.

We don't need mass in person protest, religion dies on the internet already.

Screw that. We need to be seen or we are too easy to ignore.
15-04-2016, 01:38 PM
(15-04-2016 01:31 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 01:26 PM)Brian37 Wrote:  We don't need mass in person protest, religion dies on the internet already.

Screw that. We need to be seen or we are too easy to ignore.

Don't get me wrong, I do agree, we do need to be more visible. But let's pick our battles here. Ken is a joke, and even if I was religious, he is basically trying to turn his religion into Disney Land. He IS worth protesting, but I think Ted and Trump are much bigger battle right now.

He has some billboards protesting his vile motif right now.

15-04-2016, 02:08 PM
What a great scam.

Someone should set up a little bookstore nearby, and sell the Epic of Gilgamesh.
Dodgy

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
[+] 1 user Likes Bucky Ball's post
15-04-2016, 02:21 PM
I'd like to see the enclosures where they kept a pair of each of the 950,000 species of insects. What sort of space do you need to viably house 1.9 million insects? And how did they prevent the 21,000 birds—from 10,500 species—from eating those insects?

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
15-04-2016, 02:30 PM
Are they going to fill it up with clean and un-clean animals of every kind (including whales and sharks, salt water fish, fresh water fish, tropical fish, arctic fish, deep sea fish etc) and feed them and look after them for 40 days and nights, to show to us that it can be done.
15-04-2016, 02:46 PM
Folks talk about the modern equipment he's using? In the day they didn't have SAWS. The ship would have had to be clinker-built, with each tree giving up 2-4 boards, the rest was wasted. And Noah Count and his sons were the only labor being used. RIGHT! Laughat