The Ark Encounter Park opens in July

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 5 Average
15-04-2016, 04:29 PM
RE: The Ark Encounter Park opens in July
(14-04-2016 04:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  Mark your calendars, July 7, 2016! I can’t wait. Rolleyes

Awesome. RIGHT on my birthday. Undecided

(14-04-2016 04:11 PM)Full Circle Wrote:  ARK TICKETS ARK + MUSEUM COMBO*
Adult $40 $60
Senior (age 60+) $31 $45
Children (ages 5–12) $28 $34
Children (under age 5) FREE FREE

These people have somehow raised $30,000,000 to build this thing. Gasp

I wonder if I could pass as under 5...

$30,000,000? Whoa... Shocking
I do know that they have been raising money for at least several years. I don't know when they started.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-04-2016, 04:38 PM
The museum had free admission last Christmas Eve. I would be tempted to go if they do that again, but only if I'm already up in Ohio visiting relatives. I'm not going out of my way for that shit.

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
15-04-2016, 05:23 PM
Looks like they stupidly built it on the side of a waterway to suggest it is somehow sea worthy I guess. I'm thinking there's gonna be a bunch of rainbow flags flying from boats as they party and piss in the river right next to it. ... I mean that's what I'd do.

#sigh
[+] 2 users Like GirlyMan's post
15-04-2016, 05:37 PM
I'd put a giant flashing sign on the side of my boat with a synopsis of the flood story from The Epic of Gilgamesh, and just leave it sitting in front of the museum Drinking Beverage

If we came from dust, then why is there still dust?
[+] 1 user Likes cactus's post
15-04-2016, 06:27 PM
Why don't they put in the water and see how long it lasts? They should also put a human family and animals on there to see how long they go before the lions eat the zebras...or any other animals since they have to eat something and we don't have any unicorns for them to eat like last time.

[Image: 5301289.jpg]

They could even make a show out of it, like a reality docu series, "Life in the Ark" or "Can you believe people actually think this happened?" or "Wow, that sunk fast, big wooden boats are not a good idea."

[Image: sagansig_zps6vhbql6m.jpg]
[+] 1 user Likes SitaSky's post
15-04-2016, 07:19 PM
(15-04-2016 06:27 PM)SitaSky Wrote:  Why don't they put in the water and see how long it lasts? They should also put a human family and animals on there to see how long they go before the lions eat the zebras...or any other animals since they have to eat something and we don't have any unicorns for them to eat like last time.

[Image: 5301289.jpg]

They could even make a show out of it, like a reality docu series, "Life in the Ark" or "Can you believe people actually think this happened?" or "Wow, that sunk fast, big wooden boats are not a good idea."

I think this unicorn would go over well at the park Angel

[Image: random+unicorn.jpg]

“I am quite sure now that often, very often, in matters concerning religion and politics a man’s reasoning powers are not above the monkey’s.”~Mark Twain
“Ocean: A body of water occupying about two-thirds of a world made for man - who has no gills.”~ Ambrose Bierce
[+] 1 user Likes Full Circle's post
15-04-2016, 07:46 PM
Close enough to the river to "float", if there was a flood? Tongue
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post
15-04-2016, 08:13 PM
I'm going on a road trip with some family members to check it out. It's gonna be a hoot.
16-04-2016, 08:20 PM
(15-04-2016 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Close enough to the river to "float", if there was a flood?

A couple of US engineers reckon that there's no way this thing (as constructed) could float if it were loaded with the mass of a pair of 16,000 "kinds" of animals on board.

Today, a livestock carrier will transport 3,000 to 4,000 head of cattle, who need approximately 40 litres of water a day for drinking. This in itself proves that Noah couldn't have supported 32,000 animals—unless he'd invented a portable (and subsequently forgotten!) reverse osmosis desalination plant, powered by the sun.

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
16-04-2016, 08:36 PM
(16-04-2016 08:20 PM)SYZ Wrote:  
(15-04-2016 07:46 PM)Fireball Wrote:  Close enough to the river to "float", if there was a flood?

A couple of US engineers reckon that there's no way this thing (as constructed) could float if it were loaded with the mass of a pair of 16,000 "kinds" of animals on board.

Today, a livestock carrier will transport 3,000 to 4,000 head of cattle, who need approximately 40 litres of water a day for drinking. This in itself proves that Noah couldn't have supported 32,000 animals—unless he'd invented a portable (and subsequently forgotten!) reverse osmosis desalination plant, powered by the sun.

Ain't a chance in hell that thing would float, unless it was in a sea of mercury. And it would still break apart. All the structural support from the ground would be gone. How can anyone accept that this floating makes any kind of sense? Blink
[+] 1 user Likes Fireball's post