The Ark of noah could be a religious fail.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
26-06-2016, 10:08 PM
RE: The Ark of noah could be a religious fail.
Mythological flood stories are in reference to area floods, not "world" floods.

Unless one logically concludes that in such primitive times an "area" was the "world" to the people in that area.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
27-06-2016, 04:59 AM
Six inches of rain a minute over the entire planet produces how many (big sciency word goes here) of energy?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
27-06-2016, 05:13 AM
(27-06-2016 04:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Six inches of rain a minute over the entire planet produces how many (big sciency word goes here) of energy?

wouldnt that much rain simply annihilate the ark?
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
27-06-2016, 05:42 AM
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 04:59 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  Six inches of rain a minute over the entire planet produces how many (big sciency word goes here) of energy?

wouldnt that much rain simply annihilate the ark?
The flippin' rain would burst into flames from what I've read. (Hyperbole assumed.)
28-06-2016, 05:29 AM
(27-06-2016 05:42 AM)Gawdzilla Wrote:  
(27-06-2016 05:13 AM)Dark Wanderer Wrote:  wouldnt that much rain simply annihilate the ark?
The flippin' rain would burst into flames from what I've read. (Hyperbole assumed.)

I saw an article somewhere (wish I could find it) that went through the energy release of such an intense downpour, they calculated it would've raised the temperature of the entire ocean past the boiling point of water.

It just breaks the basic meteorology of the climate. A lot of creationists also assert all of the continental drift that took 500 million years occurred in 40 days, this would heat the oceans to around 800 degrees Fahrenheit with that much plate tectonic activity in that short of a time span.

I breaks the geology of the planet.

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
28-06-2016, 05:42 AM
(26-06-2016 08:11 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yes, Rose.

Day 1 after landing. The gazelles and lions start out on the long trip back to Africa.

Day 2. The lions get hungry.

Day 3. The penguins begin waddling back to Antarctica, then die of heatstroke.

Pandas begin walking back to China, die of starvation without bamboo to eat,

Every native species of Madagascar can't cross the ocean to get back, same thing for native Australian animals. They all die.

The entire ecological food chain collapses. Everything; including humans, die.

Nice going YHWH. Facepalm

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 1 user Likes TheInquisition's post
28-06-2016, 07:59 AM

The measurement unit for energy is joule (J). Tongue Do you guys do Physics in high school? Just wondering. But about your post: energy produced... how? I'm not following your point.

孤独 - The Out Crowd
Life is a flash of light between two eternities of darkness.
[Image: Schermata%202014-10-24%20alle%2012.39.01.png]
28-06-2016, 08:04 AM
(28-06-2016 05:42 AM)TheInquisition Wrote:  
(26-06-2016 08:11 PM)Minimalist Wrote:  Yes, Rose.

Day 1 after landing. The gazelles and lions start out on the long trip back to Africa.

Day 2. The lions get hungry.

Day 3. The penguins begin waddling back to Antarctica, then die of heatstroke.

Pandas begin walking back to China, die of starvation without bamboo to eat,

Every native species of Madagascar can't cross the ocean to get back, same thing for native Australian animals. They all die.

The entire ecological food chain collapses. Everything; including humans, die.

Nice going YHWH. Facepalm

Shocking

Ya mean the ark wasn't like a cruise ship with multiple ports of call so that these animals could just be dropped off at home? I am disappoint.

See here they are the bruises some were self-inflicted and some showed up along the way. - JF

We're all mad here. The Cheshire Cat
[+] 2 users Like Anjele's post
28-06-2016, 01:15 PM (This post was last modified: 28-06-2016 01:22 PM by Fireball.)
(28-06-2016 07:59 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  

The measurement unit for energy is joule (J). Tongue Do you guys do Physics in high school? Just wondering. But about your post: energy produced... how? I'm not following your point.

Not everybody takes physics in high school in the US. In fact, I'd say that most don't. I am only one data point, but, there were 700 seniors graduating in my class, and there were maybe 30 students in the physics class. It was offered in only one class period.

The physical fact of water falling from the sky produces heat. I haven't seen a calculation, but the amount of heat generated by the amount of water that would be required to flood the earth would be immense. The heat is generated by the friction of drops falling through the air. Link-

http://physicsworld.com/cws/article/news...atmosphere
28-06-2016, 02:56 PM
(28-06-2016 07:59 AM)The Polyglot Atheist Wrote:  

They hadn't invented physics when I went to high school. Drinking Beverage
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post