The Ark of the Covenant

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
11-06-2017, 04:59 PM
RE: The Ark of the Covenant
(11-06-2017 03:03 PM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Somebody didn't watch Raiders of the Lost Ark. It's obviously in a warehouse somewhere.

If you watch the movie "Paul" there's a scene where Paul is talking with Steven Spielberg. He's sitting in that warehouse at the time of the call.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Gawdzilla's post
11-06-2017, 06:49 PM
(11-06-2017 11:16 AM)OmniConsUme Wrote:  Seriously what was it, How was it formed in it's mythic origins, Does it even exits, or just fancy bible make believe...

Archaeologists to Break Ground at Biblical Site Where Ark of the Covenant Stood, 8 February 17.

You might like to read:

• Exodus 25:1, 2; 37:1.,
• Exodus 40:1-3, 9, 20, 21.,
• Joshua 18:1; Judges 20:26, 27; 1 Samuel 1:24; 3:3; 6:11-14; 7:1, 2., (for various locations)
• 2 Samuel 6:12.,
• 1 Kings 8:1, 6.,
• 2 Chronicles 35:3.,
• 2 Kings 25:13-17; Ezra 1:7-11. (moved again?)

BTW, can I suggest you do a bit of your own research in order to maybe answer your questions—before starting a new thread for each and every one. Cool

I'm a creationist... I believe that man created God.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes SYZ's post
11-06-2017, 07:59 PM
I remember studying this back in my religious days. I never really believed the idea that only the holy could touch it without dying. I always figured if it truly had that power, why not parade it around the world and find out who was part of the "real religion."

So, in a way, it was one of the tools of my deconversion.
[+] 1 user Likes Clockwork's post
11-06-2017, 08:38 PM
Covenant????

The Master Chief fragged their asses...

Big Grin

(Halo fan joke)

The difference between prayer and masturbation - is when a guy is through masturbating - he has something to show for his efforts.
13-06-2017, 11:18 AM
Expedition Unknown did an episode on this a few months ago. They ended up in some Ethiopian church where they swear up and down the Ark of the Covenant is housed, and one monk dude "guards" it all day. Of course they refuse to let anyone go in to check. They did however let them go in a smaller church where they claimed artifacts that came with the Ark were housed. Then a guy tested them and determined they were made way later than that time period because of how the metal was mixed to form them.

And the best part was the "archeologist" that was there who believes it's there basically dismissed the testing, and was basically like "It's in that church because these people wouldn't lie".

Hilarious stuff.
13-06-2017, 11:23 AM
(13-06-2017 11:18 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Expedition Unknown did an episode on this a few months ago. They ended up in some Ethiopian church where they swear up and down the Ark of the Covenant is housed, and one monk dude "guards" it all day. Of course they refuse to let anyone go in to check. They did however let them go in a smaller church where they claimed artifacts that came with the Ark were housed. Then a guy tested them and determined they were made way later than that time period because of how the metal was mixed to form them.

And the best part was the "archeologist" that was there who believes it's there basically dismissed the testing, and was basically like "It's in that church because these people wouldn't lie".

Hilarious stuff.
Saw that one years ago. Lame attempt to draw some tourists or just people wishing there was something special about their pest-ridden hell-hole?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Gawdzilla's post
14-06-2017, 04:46 AM
(13-06-2017 11:18 AM)ResidentEvilFan Wrote:  Expedition Unknown did an episode on this a few months ago. They ended up in some Ethiopian church where they swear up and down the Ark of the Covenant is housed, and one monk dude "guards" it all day. Of course they refuse to let anyone go in to check. They did however let them go in a smaller church where they claimed artifacts that came with the Ark were housed. Then a guy tested them and determined they were made way later than that time period because of how the metal was mixed to form them.

Hilarious stuff.

> There was a similar documentary on The History Channel about two decades ago in which the alleged Ark was allowed to be photographed behind a locked grill in the Church of Our Lady of Zion (Ethiopia). There was nothing remarkable about its appearance. It was nothing more than an ancient-looking wooden box. To the best of my knowledge, no scientific tests have ever been done to confirm its age and true origin.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_...e_Covenant