The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 05:37 PM (This post was last modified: 30-01-2013 07:06 AM by Vosur.)
RE: The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread
(29-01-2013 05:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Somewhat.

They are actually more difficult that an atheist vs theist debate.

Each religion bases their beliefs on their own faith while simultaneously trying to convince the opposing religion to take up their own personal view of faith by offering shards of empirical evidence.

They try and combat each other's scriptures with historicity - which is incomplete - so both come to an impasse.

At least with AvsT, there is a solid notion of empirical evidence or GTFO. This inevitably requires to the theist to admit defeat or leave the debate because his entire argument is based mostly around faith.
Yeah, I thought so.

[Image: 7oDSbD4.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 05:38 PM
RE: The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread
(29-01-2013 05:34 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  As a recap we have:

Calvinism vs Arminianism
LOTR vs LOTR characters
The morality of God
Atheism vs theism
Theism vs theism
Wolverine vs Batman
Random WTF posts

SUCCESS!
*chuckle* Oh KC...you tried. Thats what counts Tongue
29-01-2013, 05:40 PM
(29-01-2013 05:35 PM)kim Wrote:  HE HAS A CAPE and a mask. He knows how to accessorize. Consider Hmm... maybe he is gay.

HE HAS A CAR... that he OWNS HIMSELF. I rest my case. Dodgy

weirdo.

Capes flap in the breeze. They are long and can get caught on things. What if he's chasing a bad guy and a door closes behind him and he gets his cape stuck in the door. What if he's getting out of his car and his cape gets stuck in that door. And the bad guy gets away...

Drinking Beverage

And a mask? Wolverine doesn't need a mask because he doesn't feel the need to hide his face due to unresolved internal conflict with his lotus flower aura.

Wolverine has a mother fucking jet.

Drinking Beverage

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
Now with 40% more awesome.
[+] 1 user Likes earmuffs's post
29-01-2013, 06:49 PM
(29-01-2013 03:55 PM)kim Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 03:46 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  KC,
I'm Christian. Period.
Yes, I have freewill. I can either choose to believe or choose to not believe.
EVERYONE can be saved. All they have to do is believe Jesus died to pay the penalty for their sins.

Well, Rich you're Stuck! And you're totally screwed... at least to some Christee folk who have decided that only the "Elect" ones will be hanging out with Jeeeezus in happy happy heaven land.

You can pick up your membership at the door. Move along. Drinking Beverage
If you knew what you were talking about this might be worth discussing but since you are just bloviating there is no point. Laughat
29-01-2013, 06:59 PM
(29-01-2013 04:25 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 04:19 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  I think you are trying to drag me into a theological debate KC. I dont believe in theology, nor religion. Jesus wasnt a theologian nor did He begin a religion. Man made up religion and debate theology. God (Jesus) is reality. He is not bound by your opinions nor by your doctrines. God inspired the Bible as a very simple instrument that can be understood by anyone that reads and studies it, prayerfully. Unfortunately, "theologians" are like lawyers and want to tear ever little bit of the Bible to fit their preconceived ideas. God didnt write the Bible for "wise" men (that's why I posted the verses on how God feels about "wise" men). God does things thru the lowest of mankind so that you wise men can't arrogantly proclaim yourselves wise where God is concerned. Jesus didnt come the first time as royalty, He came as a little baby in a poor family from a backwater town. Jesus didnt choose priests, pharisees and sadducees as his disciples, He chose simple fishermen. He used the poor, the lame, the blind, prostitutes and thieves to prove his Gospel. I'm not trying to insult you here but you guys are all too wise for your own good. I have met men working in charcoal plants and saw mills that have more wisdom than you. You are so impressed with yourselves, your accoplishments, your big words and your verbosity (lol) that you cant possibly learn the truth. Yes, you have your truth and I have mine but one day you will learn the real truth and it will be too late.
You are looking down on intelligence and education? Huh

I'm not trying to drag you into a theological debate. You said you had opinions on Calvinists, which you alluded were negative, so I wanted to discuss this with you.

You're unwilling to do so, obviously. You're also unwilling to learn and discuss more in depth what the Bible says. You disguise it as veiled insults; however, it seems to be that you are intimidated and lazy.

There wasn't ever going to be a debate; just simple discussion.

You have no idea how much wisdom I have. You've had very limited interactions with you. I simply wanted to help you grow and discuss interesting topics with you.

If that's insulting to you, you might want to reevaluate how you view others.
1.) Yes, actually I do look down on educated people that think because they are intellectual they are better than the common man.
2.) Ok.
3.) Intimidated? No. Lazy? Bingo, give the man a cigar. As far as learning, I need learn no more, I've got a year or less left on this planet. In a year or so I will know everything that God knows.
4.) Not interested in your "wisdon" nor in "growing". I'm always interested in discussing interesting topics, as long as we are both civil and understand that EVERYTHING we say is opinion and not fact.
5.) Dont need to re-evaluate how I view others as it's immaterial and irrelevant. As far as being insulted, that goes with the forum. It's priority #1 for atheists.
29-01-2013, 07:56 PM
A prime example of how religion makes people into dicks. If the world's ending in a year, why not act like an asshole, amirite? So much for do unto others and all that horseshit. Clearly your meaning in life now is to troll people on the internet, rather than setting an example of being a good and righteous person. After all, the criteria for getting into heaven is gullibility, not decency or charity.

You have the depth of character of a rotting sea cucumber.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
29-01-2013, 08:40 PM
(29-01-2013 07:56 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  A prime example of how religion makes people into dicks. If the world's ending in a year, why not act like an asshole, amirite? So much for do unto others and all that horseshit. Clearly your meaning in life now is to troll people on the internet, rather than setting an example of being a good and righteous person. After all, the criteria for getting into heaven is gullibility, not decency or charity.

Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping
OMG, I cant stop laughing Big Grin Now the atheist want the Christian to follow the precepts of a religion he doesnt believe in? OMG, stop, please stop. My sides are hurting so much. This atheist says the Bible is a crock of shit and then says, "Do unto others"?
Holy crap dude. Big Grin You want the Christian to set an example of being a good and righteous person? And you wonder why I say atheists have no brains? You cant have it both ways Cowgirl, either you dont believe in the precepts of Jesus Christ or you do. It's not a buffet where you can pick and choose. Look at you, "Jesus and the Bible are just a load of crap but I want you to do what your Jesus tells you to do, meanwhile, I'll just act like an ass cuz that's what we atheists are, asses." Big Grin
29-01-2013, 08:42 PM
In addition, you're also a fucking idiot, or else even more a massive twat for misunderstanding what I said in such a colossal way.

Can someone IP check this guy? He reminds me of someone.

E 2 = (mc 2)2 + (pc )2
614C → 714N + e + ̅νe
2 K(s) + 2 H2O(l) → 2 KOH(aq) + H2 (g) + 196 kJ/mol
It works, bitches.
[+] 1 user Likes Phaedrus's post
29-01-2013, 08:44 PM
(29-01-2013 08:40 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 07:56 PM)Phaedrus Wrote:  A prime example of how religion makes people into dicks. If the world's ending in a year, why not act like an asshole, amirite? So much for do unto others and all that horseshit. Clearly your meaning in life now is to troll people on the internet, rather than setting an example of being a good and righteous person. After all, the criteria for getting into heaven is gullibility, not decency or charity.

Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping
OMG, I cant stop laughing Big Grin Now the atheist want the Christian to follow the precepts of a religion he doesnt believe in? OMG, stop, please stop. My sides are hurting so much. This atheist says the Bible is a crock of shit and then says, "Do unto others"?
Holy crap dude. Big Grin You want the Christian to set an example of being a good and righteous person? And you wonder why I say atheists have no brains? You cant have it both ways Cowgirl, either you dont believe in the precepts of Jesus Christ or you do. It's not a buffet where you can pick and choose. Look at you, "Jesus and the Bible are just a load of crap but I want you to do what your Jesus tells you to do, meanwhile, I'll just act like an ass cuz that's what we atheists are, asses." Big Grin

One can agree with all of Jesus's moral teachings and not believe in Jesus's divinity. Is that hard to understand?

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Chas's post
29-01-2013, 08:48 PM
(29-01-2013 08:44 PM)Chas Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 08:40 PM)Richard Stuckmeyer Wrote:  Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping Weeping

One can agree with all of Jesus's moral teachings and not believe in Jesus's divinity. Is that hard to understand?
One can also be a phony hypocrit too cant you?