The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread
(29-01-2013 05:03 PM)kineo Wrote:  Wait, are we talking sexy or cool here? Gandalf isn't meant to be sexy- clearly Aragorn wins that battle. But in terms of cool... Gandalf is older and wiser and is a wizard! Oh yeah, Aragorn loses. Thumbsup
Cool, sexy, same difference Angel

And hobbitgirl, I didn't do it because I knew you were actually a gandalfgirl... it just so happened. How was I supposed to know...

My sister was actually a Frodo girl... so I guess there are even more deluded fools than you, bozos (and bozettes) Tongue

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes Vera's post
29-01-2013, 05:22 PM
RE: The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread
(29-01-2013 05:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:20 PM)Vosur Wrote:  Not at all. What about interreligious debates, such as Islam vs Christianity? The proponents of the formerly mentioned religions hardly accept the authority of their opponent's respective scripture.
I was unaware that Calvinism and Arminianism was an Islamic belief.
You didn't say "Calvinism vs Arminianism", you said "Theology vs Theology".
29-01-2013, 05:23 PM
(29-01-2013 05:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  It is accepted that comics aren't real, and Wolverine trumps batman so there wouldn't be a disscussion in the first place.

Oh, that is just shit.

Sure he's hairy and those claws are pretty lethal but Wolverine doesn't even have a cape. Fuck him. Dodgy

Excuse me.... bottom of page 6 of this thread people. Jeeeezus = atheist... anyone?

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
29-01-2013, 05:24 PM
(29-01-2013 05:22 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:22 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  I was unaware that Calvinism and Arminianism was an Islamic belief.
You didn't say Calvinisim vs Arminianism, you said Theology vs Theology.
Which is in reference to Muffs who was talking about the two theologies of Calvinism and Arminianism which is what this whole topic is about.

Vosur... remember we had that discussion about trying to start semantic arguments?

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-01-2013, 05:24 PM
(29-01-2013 05:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:15 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Perhaps, but how does this make your god morally perfect to do so?
If God is omnipotent, He doesn't answer to human morality and is autonomous. Whatever His decisions and actions are, they are morally perfect because He is His own standard... again, under the assumption that He is omnipotent and omniscient.
Power has nothing to do with morality.
God's alleged omnipotence could belong to an extremely evil entity. (E.E.E).

Resigned 26/3/15 in consequence of banning re freedom of speech issues.
29-01-2013, 05:26 PM
This is one of the biggest clusterfucks of completely separate arguments I've seen going on in one thread.

[Image: giphy.gif]
[+] 2 users Like Tartarus Sauce's post
29-01-2013, 05:26 PM
(29-01-2013 05:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Vosur... remember we had that discussion about trying to start semantic arguments?
No. Consider

(29-01-2013 05:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Which is in reference to Muffs who was talking about the two theologies of Calvinism and Arminianism which is what this whole topic is about.
Then what do you think are interreligious debates based upon? Faith also?
29-01-2013, 05:27 PM
(29-01-2013 05:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:19 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  If God is omnipotent, He doesn't answer to human morality and is autonomous. Whatever His decisions and actions are, they are morally perfect because He is His own standard... again, under the assumption that He is omnipotent and omniscient.
Power has nothing to do with morality.
God's alleged omnipotence could belong to an extremely evil entity. (E.E.E).
No, it has to do with perception and judgment.

If God is autonomous, then His morality is perfect... as He only answers to Himself.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-01-2013, 05:27 PM
No... this is the way the clusterfucks usually go around here. Drinking Beverage

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
29-01-2013, 05:28 PM
(29-01-2013 05:26 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  This is one of the biggest clusterfucks of completely separate arguments I've seen going on in one thread.
Well come up with a more popular one? Cool

Resigned 26/3/15 in consequence of banning re freedom of speech issues.