The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
29-01-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread
(29-01-2013 05:27 PM)kim Wrote:  No... this is the way the clusterfucks usually go around here. Drinking Beverage
I usually don't have trouble keeping tabs on each individual argument. This is the first time I'm completely lost........might have something to do with how quickly the posts are generating.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
29-01-2013, 05:29 PM
RE: The Arminianism vs Calvinism (freewill vs election) Debate and Discussion Thread
Kim, I totally want to agree just for the ultimate, bitterest irony of an atheist being worshipped as the spawn of god. That'd have been enough to kill him again, after being resurrected ( Laughat )

And the Tart is right, I was thinking the very same thing... this thread may very well explode, taking a couple of us with it Hobo

"E se non passa la tristezza con altri occhi la guarderĂ²."
29-01-2013, 05:30 PM
(29-01-2013 05:17 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:14 PM)earmuffs Wrote:  Bad metaphor.
It is accepted that comics aren't real, and Wolverine trumps batman so there wouldn't be a disscussion in the first place.

We're not talking about comic books, we are talking about people's to the core beliefs of which is a little more serious then a comic book character. As such more serious questions must be asked, such as "why do you believe in X if Y is a load of shit and X can only be true if Y is true".

And besides, if you want to compare one theology to another then you first have to establish that they are crediitable.
ie: Comparing Science to Woo-Woo. There would be no point because Woo-Woo is in no way a proven and valid feild.
How is comparing theology to theology like comparing it to science? They are fundamentally different.

Theology is based on faith, while science is based on observable, empirical evidence.

Theology vs theology is set up with an accepted authority because it is all faith based.
Nooo.

Comparing Theology with Theology is like comparing Wolverine to Batman.

Quote:Oh, that is just shit.

Sure he's hairy and those claws are pretty lethal but Wolverine doesn't even have a cape. Fuck him. [Image: dodgy.gif]

Excuse me.... bottom of page 6 of this thread people. Jeeeezus = atheist... anyone?

What the actual fuck? You can't be serious. Doesn't have, OR doesn't NEED... Besides, capes are gay.

I have seen a new side of you today Kim... how could you possibly like Batman more then Wolverine..
I don't think we can be friends any more.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]
(29-01-2013 05:27 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:24 PM)Mr Woof Wrote:  Power has nothing to do with morality.
God's alleged omnipotence could belong to an extremely evil entity. (E.E.E).
No, it has to do with perception and judgment.

If God is autonomous, then His morality is perfect... as He only answers to Himself.
Poor, lonely, incoherent ratbag. God, that is! Bowing

"An egoist is always intelligent,never wise" Raheel Farooq
(29-01-2013 05:29 PM)Tartarus Sauce Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:27 PM)kim Wrote:  No... this is the way the clusterfucks usually go around here. Drinking Beverage
I usually don't have trouble keeping tabs on each individual argument. This is the first time I'm completely lost........might have something to do with how quickly the posts are generating.
That's what happens when you start a debate outside of the Boxing Ring.
29-01-2013, 05:31 PM
(29-01-2013 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Vosur... remember we had that discussion about trying to start semantic arguments?
No. Consider

(29-01-2013 05:24 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Which is in reference to Muffs who was talking about the two theologies of Calvinism and Arminianism which is what this whole topic is about.
Then what do you think are interreligious debates based upon? Faith also?
Somewhat.

They are actually more difficult that an atheist vs theist debate.

Each religion bases their beliefs on their own faith while simultaneously trying to convince the opposing religion to take up their own personal view of faith by offering shards of empirical evidence.

They try and combat each other's scriptures with historicity - which is incomplete - so both come to an impasse.

At least with AvsT, there is a solid notion of empirical evidence or GTFO. This inevitably requires to the theist to admit defeat or leave the debate because his entire argument is based mostly around faith.

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
29-01-2013, 05:34 PM
As a recap we have:

Calvinism vs Arminianism
LOTR vs LOTR characters
The morality of God
Atheism vs theism
Theism vs theism
Wolverine vs Batman
Random WTF posts

SUCCESS!

[Image: dog-shaking.gif]
[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
29-01-2013, 05:35 PM
(29-01-2013 05:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No. Consider

Somewhat.

Each religion bases their beliefs on their own faith while simultaneously trying to convince the opposing religion to take up their own personal view of faith by offering shards of empirical evidence.

They try and combat each other's scriptures with historicity - which is incomplete - so both come to an impasse.

At least with AvsT, there is a solid notion of empirical evidence or GTFO. This inevitably requires to the theist to admit defeat or leave the debate because his entire argument is based mostly around faith.
I'm off to the gym to work my gluteus maximus off .
Hope all this has been resolved by my return. Wink

"An egoist is always intelligent,never wise" Raheel Farooq
29-01-2013, 05:35 PM
HE HAS A CAPE and a mask. He knows how to accessorize. Consider Hmm... maybe he is gay.

HE HAS A CAR... that he OWNS HIMSELF. I rest my case. Dodgy

weirdo.

I think in the end, I just feel like I'm a secular person who has a skeptical eye toward any extraordinary claim, carefully examining any extraordinary evidence before jumping to conclusions. ~ Eric ~ My friend ... who figured it out.
29-01-2013, 05:37 PM
(29-01-2013 05:31 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(29-01-2013 05:26 PM)Vosur Wrote:  No. Consider

Somewhat.

Religion v Religion debate is like the special olympics...

Even if you win, you're still retard.

I think that takes the cake as the worst thing I have ever said.

[Image: 3cdac7eec8f6b059070d9df56f50a7ae.jpg]