The Atheist’s Riddle: 30+ Skeptics Attempt To Solve It

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-05-2011, 05:45 AM (This post was last modified: 02-05-2011 05:55 AM by Kikko.)
RE: The Atheist’s Riddle: 30+ Skeptics Attempt To Solve It
Quote:1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
''An information storage mechanism?'' Proteins are coded from DNA (more closely from RNA but that's irrelevant now), but it's not known to work backwards (the central dogma of molecular biology). Nature doesn't ''store'' information to DNA, unless the natural selection of copying errors is counted.
Quote:2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
It wouldn't be called 'code' if it would be in an environment where it can't code for anything: it wouldn't be called 'code' if it wouldn't be used as code.
Quote:3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.
So were magnets.
[Image: harddrive.jpg]
Nice try...
DNA is just one of the complex self-replicating molecules. How could alien life capable of creating DNA come about without a replicating code molecule like DNA? It couldn't, unless God (my god) created the aliens. Silly self-contradictory athiestzz.

Correct me when I'm wrong.
Accept me or go to hell.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
03-05-2011, 02:43 AM
I think the problem with that thesis is that it considers any information a "code".
Just because we label months doesn't mean time doesn't pass naturally.
Just because we label seasons doesn't mean they wouldn't pass in the absence of our labels.
Just because we label DNA doesn't mean ... you get the idea.
Also , the person who posted said "thesis" hasn't studied abiogenesis.

Atheism is a religion like OFF is a TV channel !!!

Proud of my genetic relatives Big Grin
03-05-2011, 02:53 AM
I liked Zacks explination.

So many cats, so few good recipes.
03-05-2011, 04:20 AM
(02-05-2011 05:45 AM)Kikko Wrote:  *switches roles*
Quote:And how exactly does this man jump from coded DNA to a god. even more... to a god that requires worshiping. Aliens provide the same plausible explanation...
Unless he knows aliens have DNA too.
Nice try...
DNA is just one of the complex self-replicating molecules. How could alien life capable of creating DNA come about without a replicating code molecule like DNA? It couldn't, unless God (my god) created the aliens. Silly self-contradictory athiestzz.
that still does not explain why it is a worship-worthy God and why it is your god who did this mister imaginary theist.

Observer

Agnostic atheist
Secular humanist
Emotional rationalist
Disclaimer: Don’t mix the personal opinion above with the absolute and objective truth. Remember to think for yourself. Thank you.
04-05-2011, 01:21 AM
(01-05-2011 01:57 PM)GassyKitten Wrote:  
1) DNA is not merely a molecule with a pattern; it is a code, a language, and an information storage mechanism.
2) All codes are created by a conscious mind; there is no natural process known to science that creates coded information.
3) Therefore DNA was designed by a mind.

Another piece of the GOD OF THE GAPS bullshit, only this gap has been filled and they still don't know it.

When I find myself in times of trouble, Richard Dawkins comes to me, speaking words of reason, now I see, now I see.