The Atheist Delusion (new Christian movie)

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-10-2016, 01:26 PM
RE: The Atheist Delusion (new Christian movie)
Well, at least the title's accurate. Not in the way Comfort intended it to be, but it seems to be showcasing his delusions about atheism.

(02-10-2016 01:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ray Comfort is an amazingly honest man. He's done wonders for Christianity. All his movies are checkmate, atheists.

Shame on you for trying smear his good name.

Like, I'm 98.2% sure that this is sarcasm, but...
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Reltzik's post
02-10-2016, 01:34 PM
(02-10-2016 01:04 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  Ray Comfort is an amazingly honest man. He's done wonders for Christianity. All his movies are checkmate, atheists.

Yes and it's not his fault at all that he thought god created the banana just for him to enjoy.

Banana_zorro

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

[+] 2 users Like Momsurroundedbyboys's post
09-10-2016, 12:11 PM
(02-10-2016 01:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  

Yes and it's not his fault at all that he thought god created the banana just for him to enjoy.

Banana_zorro

if god were really wise he then would have instructed ray were to stick said banana

[Image: giphy.gif]
09-10-2016, 12:23 PM
(09-10-2016 12:11 PM)OrdoSkeptica Wrote:  
(02-10-2016 01:34 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  Yes and it's not his fault at all that he thought god created the banana just for him to enjoy.

Banana_zorro

if god were really wise he then would have instructed ray were to stick said banana

He did tell him. Ray didn't hear him because he's such a babbling brook of bullshit.
[+] 1 user Likes Dark Wanderer's post
04-11-2016, 06:51 AM
I just watched Ray Comfort's film. Can someone explain to me why is percieved speciation rate much lower than that predicted by evolution theory(at least 1 new specie per year)?
04-11-2016, 07:30 AM
(04-11-2016 06:51 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  I just watched Ray Comfort's film. Can someone explain to me why is percieved speciation rate much lower than that predicted by evolution theory(at least 1 new specie per year)?

Um.... what?

Who's making that 1-per-year prediction, again? Is it peer-reviewed and widely-accepted by the relevant scientific community, or is it just some fringe quote (or outright fabrication) that doesn't actually represent evolutionary theory? Citation, please.
04-11-2016, 07:32 AM
(04-11-2016 07:30 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Who's making that 1-per-year prediction, again?
Number of species existed on earth divided by number of years life existed on earth. Simple math.
04-11-2016, 07:42 AM
At work.

Hello! Big Grin

(04-11-2016 07:32 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  
(04-11-2016 07:30 AM)Reltzik Wrote:  Who's making that 1-per-year prediction, again?
Number of species existed on earth divided by number of years life existed on earth. Simple math.

Um..... I don't think speciation works the way your math(s) works.

Consider
04-11-2016, 07:44 AM
(04-11-2016 06:51 AM)dimaniac Wrote:  I just watched Ray Comfort's film. Can someone explain to me why is percieved speciation rate much lower than that predicted by evolution theory(at least 1 new specie per year)?

Speaking as a biologist, I'd like to know why you (and/or Comfort) think that evolutionary theory predicts one new species (at least!) per year. That's not even how it works, not even close. Species do not appear in the manner being suggested (timely!), but as the result of gene cluster ratios in a population over time. At no point in time would you ever tell a difference between generations, but over several seemingly-identical generations, a difference begins to make itself shown (if you still had the original sample around to compare the 10,000th generation to).

Someone has done to you what Comfort loves to do to anyone he can: he proposes a false version of scientific claims (a "straw man") and then tears it down in order to claim that he is the reasonable one (despite his magical claims) and that the scientists, his chief opposition for explaining reality, are saying things that are silly. Because his versions are silly.

Please read a couple of good books on how evolution actually works. You will be much better armed to understand when pseudoscience-peddling charlatans try to misinform people in another "Lying for Jesus" defense of their cult dogmas.

"Theology made no provision for evolution. The biblical authors had missed the most important revelation of all! Could it be that they were not really privy to the thoughts of God?" - E. O. Wilson
[+] 6 users Like RocketSurgeon76's post
04-11-2016, 08:27 AM
http://www.bioticregulation.ru/ques.php?nn=21
Quote:From this the rate of evolution can be estimated by the ratio N/T ~ 1-3 species per year.