The Atheist Merry Christmas Thread

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
02-12-2011, 09:08 AM
The Atheist Merry Christmas Thread
I think I mentioned this before, but to show a strange set of circumstances I"m in. I am an atheist, of course, but I also own a Christmas Tree Farm. I grow and well Christmas trees, wreaths, advent wreaths, decorations.

I love the holiday. It's fun, warm, full of spirit, I love the music, I love the food. I just don't like the Jesus stuff.

I guess I secretly celebrate the pagan aspects of bringing a tree in and celebrating the solstice, while putting a bit of coin in my pocket.

\

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
02-12-2011, 09:31 AM
RE: The Atheist Merry Christmas Thread
You're not so different from the drug dealer who knows it's dangerous to use his own product.

"All that is necessary for the triumph of Calvinism is that good Atheists do nothing." ~Eric Oh My
Find all posts by this user
[+] 3 users Like Erxomai's post
02-12-2011, 09:37 AM
The church also arranged Christian celebrations to coincide with pagan holidays so that those holidays wouldn't be pagan anymore.

You would be shocked at how many people ACTUALLY believe that Jesus was born on December 25th.

[Image: vjp09.gif]
[+] 3 users Like kingschosen's post
02-12-2011, 09:54 AM
I think you might be shocked at how un shocked we all are lol.

Don't feel bad about enjoying the holiday even though you aren't christian. I mean they did steal pretty much everything about the holiday from other holidays. So it's only fair if we enjoy it, really it's the christians who shouldn't enjoy or partake in any of the pagan traditions we so enjoy.

Still I understand the strange duality of the event for you, and I get over this hurdle by pretending to celebrate my own holiday called Presentree. It's very similar so I don't have to change much. And this way I can sneer down on all the hypocritical atheists who worship jebus only one time of every year lol. Only kidding I don't sneer mainly because I can't pull it off due to my face being too handsome.

"I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments." -Jim Morrison
02-12-2011, 10:02 AM
(02-12-2011 09:37 AM)kingschosen Wrote:  The church also arranged Christian celebrations to coincide with pagan holidays so that those holidays wouldn't be pagan anymore.

You would be shocked at how many people ACTUALLY believe that Jesus was born on December 25th.

Not shocked, I know people who think the Earth is only 4,000 years old or such.
Shit, I have socks older than that.
Acually not socks, hats. I don't wear socks because I am just a green head in a jar.

Why are you still reading this line when it is obviously my signature line?
[+] 1 user Likes FaceOfBoe's post
02-12-2011, 10:16 AM

See here in Alabama, most people just look at Xmas, as presents & decorations so.
Eh. I guess it's common to forget the "Jesus" thing.
Quote this message in a reply
[+] 1 user Likes calmyourtitsbro's post
02-12-2011, 01:42 PM
Funny how it's the Christians and media who have taken the Christ out of Christmas. They blame the secularists and atheists though. Want a real Christmas? Celebrate the birth of Jesus in the summertime by praying and worshiping with no trees, food, and presents. Be a real fuckin Christian.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
[+] 1 user Likes germanyt's post
02-12-2011, 01:50 PM
(02-12-2011 01:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Funny how it's the Christians and media who have taken the Christ out of Christmas. They blame the secularists and atheists though. Want a real Christmas? Celebrate the birth of Jesus in the summertime by praying and worshiping with no trees, food, and presents. Be a real fuckin Christian.

Heh. Want to really make heads spin?

Tell them that "X-mas" is an actual extolling of Christ, and not "taking Christ out of Christmas".

*history*

Χριστός is the Greek word for Christ. As it usually happens, people become lazy. The Greek are no different. After awhile, the -ριστός was dropped from the Greek word, and the letter chi soon became synonymous with "Christ".

"X-mas" became a stylization for Christmas because people wanted to focus on the *real* reason for the holiday (Christ obviously). So, they used the Greek symbol for Christ, thus creating "X-mas".

[+] 1 user Likes kingschosen's post
02-12-2011, 02:02 PM
(02-12-2011 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 01:42 PM)germanyt Wrote:  Funny how it's the Christians and media who have taken the Christ out of Christmas. They blame the secularists and atheists though. Want a real Christmas? Celebrate the birth of Jesus in the summertime by praying and worshiping with no trees, food, and presents. Be a real fuckin Christian.

Tell them that "X-mas" is an actual extolling of Christ, and not "taking Christ out of Christmas".

*history*

Χριστός is the Greek word for Christ. As it usually happens, people become lazy. The Greek are no different. After awhile, the -ριστός was dropped from the Greek word, and the letter chi soon became synonymous with "Christ".

"X-mas" became a stylization for Christmas because people wanted to focus on the *real* reason for the holiday (Christ obviously). So, they used the Greek symbol for Christ, thus creating "X-mas".

Well you go right ahead and tell Ms. Summers. I got your back from my office.

“Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect.”

-Mark Twain
02-12-2011, 02:04 PM
(02-12-2011 02:02 PM)germanyt Wrote:  
(02-12-2011 01:50 PM)kingschosen Wrote:  

*history*

Well you go right ahead and tell Ms. Summers. I got your back from my office.

No you.