The Atheist Test

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
10-02-2014, 02:55 PM
The Atheist Test
Nowhere in the article was mentioned a creator, or other unmoved mover, causing said particles to be created as entirely new, never-before witnessed matter.

In fact, they seem to be combinations of existing matter:

"Quantum mechanics allows, and indeed requires, temporary violations of conservation of energy, so one particle can become a pair of heavier particles (the so-called virtual particles), which quickly rejoin into the original particle as if they had never been there. If that were all that occurred we would still be confident that it was a real effect because it is an intrinsic part of quantum mechanics, which is extremely well tested, and is a complete and tightly woven theory--if any part of it were wrong the whole structure would collapse."

β€œIt is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts.”
― Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
10-02-2014, 03:17 PM
RE: The Atheist Test
(10-02-2014 02:55 PM)rampant.a.i. Wrote:  Nowhere in the article was mentioned a creator, or other unmoved mover, causing said particles to be created as entirely new, never-before witnessed matter.

That's because there is no creator, or other unmoved mover... That's kinda the point. These are particles, which have mass, that pop into existence uncaused.

Quote:In fact, they seem to be combinations of existing matter:

"Quantum mechanics allows, and indeed requires, temporary violations of conservation of energy, so one particle can become a pair of heavier particles (the so-called virtual particles), which quickly rejoin into the original particle as if they had never been there. If that were all that occurred we would still be confident that it was a real effect because it is an intrinsic part of quantum mechanics, which is extremely well tested, and is a complete and tightly woven theory--if any part of it were wrong the whole structure would collapse."

No, they aren't a combination of existing matter. When virtual particles appear, they appear as a pair of particle/antiparticle. If this happens in an atom, the antiparticle annihilates an existing particle in the atom and replaces it with the new particle. But for a infinitesimally brief period of time, there are actually 3 particles where there was only 1 before.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
10-02-2014, 03:24 PM
WOW, did this ever go OT. Shocking

I thought this was suppose to be a fun atheist test thread... not a science test Dodgy

If bullshit were music some people would be a brass band.
10-02-2014, 03:56 PM
(10-02-2014 03:24 PM)War Horse Wrote:  WOW, did this ever go OT. Shocking

I thought this was suppose to be a fun atheist test thread... not a science test Dodgy

Yeah, apologies for that. I tend to go where the conversation leads me, and sometimes it's on a different continent than the OP. In my defense, though, I did answer the OP.

Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up.

"Let me give you some advice, bastard: never forget what you are. The rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you." - Tyrion Lannister
[+] 1 user Likes itsnotmeitsyou's post
10-02-2014, 05:36 PM

It was... I leave for an hour and look what happens No

Atir aissom atir imon
10-02-2014, 05:37 PM
(10-02-2014 03:56 PM)itsnotmeitsyou Wrote:  

Yeah, apologies for that. I tend to go where the conversation leads me, and sometimes it's on a different continent than the OP. In my defense, though, I did answer the OP.

You are forgiven Tongue

Atir aissom atir imon
[+] 1 user Likes Im_Ryan's post
10-02-2014, 06:50 PM
I still think Ray is a giant troll counting his money in the back of his cave.
[+] 1 user Likes Hobbitgirl's post
10-02-2014, 08:48 PM
(10-02-2014 06:50 PM)Hobbitgirl Wrote:  I still think Ray is a giant troll counting his money in the back of his cave mansion.

Fixed it for you Smile

Atir aissom atir imon
10-02-2014, 11:34 PM
Couldn't read past the first few paragraphs... Rolleyes I think that's my dose of stupid for the week. If I get any more I'll probably burst a blood vessel or something.

We'll love you just the way you are
If you're perfect -- Alanis Morissette
(06-02-2014 03:47 PM)Momsurroundedbyboys Wrote:  And I'm giving myself a conclusion again from all the facepalming.
11-02-2014, 04:20 AM
This is a true atheists test... Answer truthfully

Question 1
If someone asked you for your bank details so they could put their Nigeria lottery winnings in your account. Do you..

A) accept it as truth because there is no proof he didn't win the lottery
B) accept it as the truth because your life is in a bit of a mess and it's an easy way out.

Question 2
Your father is accused of murder, do you

A) believe it to be true because you were told so.
B) believe it to be true because there is no evidence that he Didn't do it.

Question 3
There is a strange stain on your carpet.. It got there because

A) a demon did it
B) god did it

Question 4
A snake spoke in the bible, how this possible?

a) satan transformed into a snake
B) this particular snake had vocal chords and a good grasp of local language.
C) god said so