The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
15-08-2014, 08:09 PM
RE: The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne
For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
15-08-2014, 08:11 PM
(15-08-2014 08:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Don't ban him yet. I need to find out about this eternal white paint god uses. I'll make a fortune...

If Jesus died for our sins, why is there still sin? If man was created from dust, why is there still dust? If Americans came from Europe, why are there still Europeans?
Find all posts by this user
15-08-2014, 08:17 PM
Re: RE: The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne
(15-08-2014 08:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

Seems like a highly unnecessary way to "maybe" save the world.

"Allow there to be a spectrum in all that you see" - Neil Degrasse Tyson
[+] 1 user Likes ClydeLee's post
15-08-2014, 08:22 PM
In Matthew 25, Jesus claimed that He alone will come back at the end of the world and be the Judge of ALL men:

“When the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the angels with Him, He will sit on His throne in heavenly glory. All the nations will be gathered before Him; He will separate the people one from another as a shepherd separates the sheep from the goats.”

For a man to be excluded from Heaven on the last day, all that will be needed is for Jesus to say, “I never knew you.”

“And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from me, you who practice lawlessness.” (Matthew 7:23).

In John 10:30-33, Jesus said,

“I and the Father are One [In Greek, “one” is neuter–not one person, or one in thinking, but one in essence or nature].’ The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. Jesus answered, ‘I showed you many good works from the Father, for which of these are you stoning me?’ The Jews answered Him, ‘For a good work we do not stone you, but for blasphemy; and because you, being a man, make yourself out to be God.”

John 1:1-3; 14 says:

“In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God. He was in the beginning with God. All things came into being through Him and apart from Him nothing came into being that has come into being.... And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth.”
15-08-2014, 08:26 PM
How good do I have to be to get into Heaven?

Jesus said,

“I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven” (Matthew 5:20).

The Jewish people knew that the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law tried to keep over 500 laws in trying to please God. The lay people believed they would never be able to keep all of those laws. In actuality, the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law didn’t either. But Jesus told everyone that “unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the Law, you will not enter the kingdom of heaven.

A few verses later, Jesus went further and said, “Be perfect, therefore, as your Heavenly Father is perfect” (Matthew 5:48). In other words, if you’re not as perfect as God, do not even think that you’ll be admitted into Heaven. (If you wonder if you have lived perfectly, ask your husband, wife, or family members!) Do you think you have lived a perfect life? None of us have.
15-08-2014, 08:29 PM
(15-08-2014 08:11 PM)guitar_nut Wrote:  

Don't ban him yet. I need to find out about this eternal white paint god uses. I'll make a fortune...

I'm compiling all his posts into a book. Let me know if you have an idea for a title.

There is only one really serious philosophical question, and that is suicide. -Camus
15-08-2014, 08:31 PM
15-08-2014, 09:30 PM
(15-08-2014 08:31 PM)hbl Wrote:  

God’s Children through Faith

Gal. 3.23 Before the way of faith in Christ was available to us, we were placed under guard by the law. We were kept in protective custody, so to speak, until the way of faith was revealed.

24 Let me put it another way. The law was our guardian until Christ came; it protected us until we could be made right with God through faith. 25 And now that the way of faith has come, we no longer need the law as our guardian.

26 For you are all children [fn] of God through faith in Christ Jesus. 27 And all who have been united with Christ in baptism have put on Christ, like putting on new clothes. [fn] 28 There is no longer Jew or Gentile, [fn] slave or free, male and female. For you are all one in Christ Jesus. 29 And now that you belong to Christ, you are the true children [fn] of Abraham. You are his heirs, and God’s promise to Abraham belongs to you
15-08-2014, 09:31 PM
(15-08-2014 03:28 PM)hbl Wrote:  
(15-08-2014 11:48 AM)EvolutionKills Wrote:  Will you say the magic words and suddenly I’ll understand how a child being raped, murdered, and left in a ditch fits in with you infinite benevolence?

Understand how Satan works in your mind to misunderstand things. God created us perfectly. Man chose to sin. Sin begets sin through the flesh down through the generations. But God has a plan to redeem people. Those who don't want his saving grace such as you will burn in Hell for eternity.

Also, in a naturalistic only world these murders and rapes take place, but in that context they are acceptable? Why would you blame God for His creation in these taking place by sinners and yet not blame your naturalistic only world for the same events that take place?

And the very fact that you hold God to a higher standard than your naturalism only view tells me God trumps your naturalism.

Christians can see your unethical doublestandard.

[Image: keep-calm-because-you-lost-the-game-1.png]

Nope, the joke is on you!

You see, the reason why the god you worship is such an asshole is because he is Satan! It's all just one of his massive cosmic conspiracies, sort of like the Book of Job, only this time the bet was to see if Satan could fuck with the entire world.

And you lost, you got duped. Despite all the crazy bullshit you were expected to swallow, despite the complete lack of evidence (and all the evidence in the world to dis-confirm a supernatural all-loving space wizard), you still managed to not only believe; but be a self-righteous fuktard about it.

Guess what? You lost. You lost the fucking game. You worship Satan, and are doing nothing more than help Satan win his cosmic bet with god. Satan managed to fool you into believe in him on no evidence! Congratulations dumbass! Laughat

[Image: Troll_Problem.jpg]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]
15-08-2014, 09:34 PM
Paul’s Concern for the Galatians

Gal. 4.8 Before you Gentiles knew God, you were slaves to so-called gods that do not even exist. 9 So now that you know God (or should I say, now that God knows you), why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual principles of this world? 10 You are trying to earn favor with God by observing certain days or months or seasons or years. 11 I fear for you. Perhaps all my hard work with you was for nothing. 12 Dear brothers and sisters, [fn] I plead with you to live as I do in freedom from these things, for I have become like you Gentiles—free from those laws.

You did not mistreat me when I first preached to you. 13 Surely you remember that I was sick when I first brought you the Good News. 14 But even though my condition tempted you to reject me, you did not despise me or turn me away. No, you took me in and cared for me as though I were an angel from God or even Christ Jesus himself. 15 Where is that joyful and grateful spirit you felt then? I am sure you would have taken out your own eyes and given them to me if it had been possible. 16 Have I now become your enemy because I am telling you the truth?

17 Those false teachers are so eager to win your favor, but their intentions are not good. They are trying to shut you off from me so that you will pay attention only to them. 18 If someone is eager to do good things for you, that’s all right; but let them do it all the time, not just when I’m with you.

19 Oh, my dear children! I feel as if I’m going through labor pains for you again, and they will continue until Christ is fully developed in your lives. 20 I wish I were with you right now so I could change my tone. But at this distance I don’t know how else to help you.