The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
17-08-2014, 09:02 PM
RE: The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne
(17-08-2014 08:54 PM)hbl Wrote:  At least we all agree with 1-4, 6-8, and 2nd half of 5, even though you are too afraid to accept the 1st half of 5:

You are a liar, hbl, as we do not all agree.

I disagree with all of your points, unconditionally. Every one of them is unproven conjecture, unworthy of even being called a hypothesis, based solely on an idiotic myth cobbled together out of used parts by Paul the Antichrist.

May you dream tonight of Jesus turning away from you and uttering the words "I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!"
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
[+] 2 users Like Astreja's post
17-08-2014, 09:05 PM
(17-08-2014 08:54 PM)hbl Wrote:  In fact, the longer you wait the more difficult it will become of ever giving your life to Christ. I have never met anyone past the age of 40 who ever gave their life to Christ. So if you are under 40 this prayer is mostly for you.

Why do you suppose a person is less likely to become a Christian the older they become?

Reading the same passage over and over and over again kinda reminds me of suffering through praise songs in church. "I am a friend of god, I am a friend of god, I am a friend of god he calls me frieeeeend." Repeat 14 times. Key change. Repeat 7 times. No instruments. Repeat twice. Full band repeat 7 times, clap those hands, have a Jesus orgasm. YEaH I feel the spirit!

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
Find all posts by this user
[+] 1 user Likes Nurse's post
17-08-2014, 09:09 PM
At least we all agree with 1-4, 6-8, and 2nd half of 5, even though you are too afraid to accept the 1st half of 5:

1) something in nature can't come from nothing or non-existence;
2) infinite regress of cause and effect in nature is impossible because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so;
3) so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated;
4) this uncreated Creator that is proven in 1-3 is whom we refer to as God;
5) the 2nd Person of the Godhead more specifically is Jesus because none of us can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles when they said they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings over 40 days;
6) for example, people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie, and they were all martyred for their eyewitness testimony;
7) group hallucinations are impossible; and
8) the 12 eyewitness Apostles, Apostle Paul (eyewitness), and James brother of Jesus (eyewitness) never changed their view.

I encourage you to read 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2 over and over and as deeply as you can. You will have a higher probability of giving your life to Christ if you do. Of course you will have a lower probability if you remain selfishly as you are and not read it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing always and expecting a different result. And read John chapter 3 to see how to be born-again. My prayers go out to you that there is still time to give your life to Christ but that time is getting shorter and shorter. In fact, the longer you wait the more difficult it will become of ever giving your life to Christ. I have never met anyone past the age of 40 who ever gave their life to Christ. So if you are under 40 this prayer is mostly for you.
17-08-2014, 09:22 PM
Stop being such a repetitive git, hbl. I'm getting a mental image of the Holy Spirit doing a facepalm.
17-08-2014, 09:25 PM
(17-08-2014 09:09 PM)hbl Wrote:  At least we all agree with 1-4, 6-8, and 2nd half of 5, even though you are too afraid to accept the 1st half of 5:

2) infinite regress of cause and effect in nature is impossible because you would have happened already, having had an eternity to do so;
3) so nature needs a cause outside of itself, outside of time and space, being uncreated;
5) the 2nd Person of the Godhead more specifically is Jesus because none of us can find a naturalistic explanation to account for the eyewitness testimony of the Apostles when they said they saw Jesus alive from the dead in various group settings over 40 days;
6) for example, people don't willingly die for what they know is a lie, and they were all martyred for their eyewitness testimony;
8) the 12 eyewitness Apostles, Apostle Paul (eyewitness), and James brother of Jesus (eyewitness) never changed their view.

I encourage you to read 1 Cor. 15, Gal. 1 & 2 over and over and as deeply as you can. You will have a higher probability of giving your life to Christ if you do. Of course you will have a lower probability if you remain selfishly as you are and not read it. The definition of insanity is doing the same thing always and expecting a different result. And read John chapter 3 to see how to be born-again. My prayers go out to you that there is still time to give your life to Christ but that time is getting shorter and shorter. In fact, the longer you wait the more difficult it will become of ever giving your life to Christ. I have never met anyone past the age of 40 who ever gave their life to Christ. So if you are under 40 this prayer is mostly for you.

You didn't answer my question. You just reposted the same shit. Spam?

Furthermore, actually reading the damn bible was the final nail in the coffin for my faith.

"If there's a single thing that life teaches us, it's that wishing doesn't make it so." - Lev Grossman
17-08-2014, 09:41 PM (This post was last modified: 17-08-2014 09:44 PM by Momsurroundedbyboys.)
(17-08-2014 08:54 PM)hbl Wrote:  At least we all agree with 1-4, 6-8, and 2nd half of 5, even though you are too afraid to accept the 1st half of 5:

Do not continue to copy paste the same reply in multiple threads. It's spam.

But as if to knock me down, reality came around
And without so much as a mere touch, cut me into little pieces

17-08-2014, 10:35 PM
Sometimes it helps to be repetitive to get it to sink in. Don't underestimate the power of repetition.
17-08-2014, 10:53 PM
He's gone! *happy dance* *happy dance*
17-08-2014, 10:54 PM
(17-08-2014 10:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  Sometimes it helps to be repetitive to get it to sink in. Don't underestimate the power of repetition.

And sometimes it helps if you heed staff warnings about copy/pasting the same post in multiple places if you wanna stay on the forum. Don't underestimate the power of the ban-hammer.

Best and worst of Ferdinand .....
Best
Ferdinand: We don't really say 'theist' in Alabama. Here, you're either a Christian, or you're from Afghanistan and we fucking hate you.
Worst
Ferdinand: Everyone from British is so, like, fucking retarded.
17-08-2014, 11:33 PM
(17-08-2014 10:54 PM)Hughsie Wrote:  
(17-08-2014 10:35 PM)hbl Wrote:  Sometimes it helps to be repetitive to get it to sink in. Don't underestimate the power of repetition.

And sometimes it helps if you heed staff warnings about copy/pasting the same post in multiple places if you wanna stay on the forum. Don't underestimate the power of the ban-hammer.

[Image: 248015i9C8CEF6FEA0CD4CE?v=mpbl-1]

[Image: E3WvRwZ.gif]