The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Votes - 1 Average
14-08-2014, 12:02 AM
RE: The Atheist's Conversation at the Great White Throne
(13-08-2014 11:49 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  How I wish I could be just like you.

You can be like me by coming to the cross as a helpless sinner and receiving the Lord Jesus your Creator as Savior. It is that simple.

Accepting all things are summed up in Christ, you would be saved.

This is your moment to be a new creation of God, born-again, given eternal life (John 17.3), your spirit quickened, given a new spirit, and the Holy Spirit to indwell that new life in your spirit. Praise the Lord! It is the greatest gift! and thus, a member of the body of Christ and a member of the Church of your city.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
14-08-2014, 12:19 AM
(14-08-2014 12:02 AM)hbl Wrote:  
(13-08-2014 11:49 PM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  How I wish I could be just like you.

You can be like me by coming to the cross as a helpless sinner and receiving the Lord Jesus your Creator as Savior. It is that simple.

Accepting all things are summed up in Christ, you would be saved.

This is your moment to be a new creation of God, born-again, given eternal life (John 17.3), your spirit quickened, given a new spirit, and the Holy Spirit to indwell that new life in your spirit. Praise the Lord! It is the greatest gift! and thus, a member of the body of Christ and a member of the Church of your city.

If I accept Jesus can I still do hookers and blow? I really like hookers and blow.
Find all posts by this user
[+] 4 users Like Michael_Tadlock's post
14-08-2014, 12:27 AM
(14-08-2014 12:19 AM)Michael_Tadlock Wrote:  If I accept Jesus can I still do hookers and blow? I really like hookers and blow.

Let's say you claim you were born-again today because you sincerely believed today you gave your life to Christ and then go do blow tomorrow and get yourself hooked tomorrow as well. Then you know your consecration was false and that you never actually gave your life to Christ as the Holy Spirit would have restrained you for a good long time. But let's say in 6 years from now you have a weak moment and bizarre circumstances occur where you took some blow or got hooked. I am not so sure you were really not born-again today because it could just be a case of backsliding. That's how I read the situation.
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
14-08-2014, 01:19 AM
[Image: 1231082.jpg]
[+] 6 users Like Reltzik's post
14-08-2014, 06:17 AM
Since I have hbl on ignore, I'll respond to the thread title.

There's no evidence of any "great white throne", so there's no reason to assume any conversations take place, there.
[+] 1 user Likes RobbyPants's post
14-08-2014, 06:22 AM (This post was last modified: 14-08-2014 06:25 AM by Mathilda.)
(14-08-2014 06:17 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  There's no evidence of any "great white throne", so there's no reason to assume any conversations take place, there.

[Image: marble-toilet.jpg]

Although I have to wonder what conversations would go on there.
[+] 11 users Like Mathilda's post
14-08-2014, 06:27 AM
Ah yes. Thanks for moving closer to being banned with yet more shit spam.

How do you know the throne is white ? I have another question. Does this throne glow in the dark ? And one more please. If Jebus sits there all day, does he have to go to another "throne" to do his business, and is that "behind the curtain", or does this one just have a trap door in the seat ?

Insufferable know-it-all.Einstein God has a plan for us. Please stop screwing it up with your prayers.
14-08-2014, 07:12 AM
(14-08-2014 06:22 AM)Mathilda Wrote:  
(14-08-2014 06:17 AM)RobbyPants Wrote:  There's no evidence of any "great white throne", so there's no reason to assume any conversations take place, there.

[Image: marble-toilet.jpg]

Although I have to wonder what conversations would go on there.

[Image: holywater.png]

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 10 users Like TheInquisition's post
14-08-2014, 07:14 AM
Sandwich or Cheese for this thread?

" Generally speaking, the errors in religion are dangerous; those in philosophy only ridiculous."
David Hume
[+] 1 user Likes KidCharlemagne1962's post
14-08-2014, 07:19 AM
(14-08-2014 07:14 AM)KidCharlemagne1962 Wrote:  Sandwich or Cheese for this thread?

Yes. Big Grin

Gods derive their power from post-hoc rationalizations. -The Inquisition

Using the supernatural to explain events in your life is a failure of the intellect to comprehend the world around you. -The Inquisition
[+] 3 users Like TheInquisition's post