The Athiest "SPECIAL" creation story.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Votes - 1 Average
14-01-2015, 11:23 PM
RE: The Athiest "SPECIAL" creation story.
(14-01-2015 11:10 PM)The Drake Wrote:  
(03-01-2015 03:07 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies specifically tied to the Jewish messianic myths:

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

Here is RabbiMichael Skobac on why Jesus cannot possibly be a fulfillment of any Old Testament prophecies:

There's a reason why they reject this upstart cult of Christianity, Christians make baseless claims about THEIR holy book which Jewish scholars categorically reject.
The whole prophecy nonsense is another snake-oil salesman tactic to sell their religion.

My question is "Why do Jews believe in GOD ?".

Let me clarify. One of my best friends is Jewish. He goes through all of the motions of being Jewish (too many I can't list them here). I also have a good friend who is Catholic. He goes through all of the motions of being "Catholic" (again, way too many to list) Is there a point to all of it ? Sounds like a bunch of pomp to me.

The second mouse gets the cheese.
Find all posts by this user
Like Post Quote this message in a reply
08-06-2015, 03:09 PM
(03-01-2015 03:07 PM)TheInquisition Wrote:  Jesus did not fulfill the prophecies specifically tied to the Jewish messianic myths:

Why Jews Don't Believe In Jesus

Here is RabbiMichael Skobac on why Jesus cannot possibly be a fulfillment of any Old Testament prophecies:

There's a reason why they reject this upstart cult of Christianity, Christians make baseless claims about THEIR holy book which Jewish scholars categorically reject.
The whole prophecy nonsense is another snake-oil salesman tactic to sell their religion.

Jesus was Jewish...That's funny...he doesn't LOOK Jewish.

08-06-2015, 04:30 PM
(07-01-2015 02:03 PM)The Q Continuum Wrote:  All,

I have explored the prophecies of the Bible, other religions, and the apologetics of Judaism against the Christian prophecies for some years. The Bible prophecies of importance to this discussion IMO include Jesus's being born divine, dying for sin and rising from the dead. Other prophecies enhance the validity of the Bible itself, which is important for our discussion in general, but I hope you will study the basic prophecies about Jesus and trust Jesus for salvation if you haven't done so already.

Thank you.

There is a prophecy about Harry Potter. It came true. Drinking Beverage

Skepticism is not a position; it is an approach to claims.
Science is not a subject, but a method.
[Image: flagstiny%206.gif]
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
28-06-2015, 04:53 PM
(19-12-2014 08:55 AM)Free Wrote:  
(19-12-2014 03:59 AM)DLJ Wrote:  Errrm.... not a wrap.

That excerpt actually implies that WE are relatively unintelligent.

Here's a wrap:
[Image: wraps.png]

And toss me a Nacho.

No, not that one, you've nibbled that one. Yes. That one. Thanks.

Tongue

Okay, so maybe it's not a wrap, but since he says "there are very probably alien civilizations" I think it at least qualifies it to be a donair.

[Image: D%C3%B6ner_kebab.jpg]

My daughter gobbled down all our Nachos last night, so there's none for you, and not even any left for me. The little pigger.

Big Grin

Now THAT is a special creation.